Galaxians? Not sure where to post this one, in Legacy or BCM

R_wilco

Ok,I read this over at PowerCows BC3000ad page, and I found it interesting...

Derek Smart commented on Super Nova 1 on the Comm Forum on the official BC3000AD page, he said that it was the (going to be) the homeworld to a new race called the 'Odsidians' (I think thats what they were called, maybe it was the Galaxians, or maybe they're someone else completey- can anyone help?) and they wil be a major part in BC3020AD, aparently.

BC3020AD? If I'm not mistaken(which I usualy am), that later became what BCM is! So, are the Galaxians going to be part of BCM and GCO? Anyone care to comment?

[ 08-04-2001: Message edited by: R_wilco ]

Yes, BC3020ad was renamed to BCM.

I don't have any idea what the hell you are talking about; I can't find that article on PowerCow's site. I do know that in an interview, I think with EB, Derek did say that you could play as one of 12 races, and that there was an unplayable 13th one. That may be it, but there wasn't a name. Interesting, yet another new race.......

BCM is gonna get even more exciting. If we can survive the wait... I know some of us can't...

Um, someone know anything about it? SC? Beta Testers? Anyone?

[ 08-04-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

You never know with the SC, he may have thrown in a few extra races, planets, moons, etc. who knows. Check those flux fields, wormholes etc, you never know what surprises the SC has thrown in there.

He is awfully sneaky!!

The Galaxians were renamed after it was pointed out that the name Obsidian was ratehr too similar to anopther group in scifi lore, and may have infringed on copyright.

They are part of the back-story of the BC universe.

The probe that PowerCow found is a tool that any GBS scripter will be able to relate to - an invincible object in orbit around a black hole (where presumably it cannot be found ebcause black holes destroy you instantly) that can be used to signal events, etc. It was made "Galaxian" simply because that race was not used elsewhere in the game.

quote:

You never know with the SC, he may have thrown in a few extra races, planets, moons, etc. who knows. Check those flux fields, wormholes etc, you never know what surprises the SC has thrown in there.

Hmm...I wonder what else is out there.

Arianne?

Galactica?

The Ultimate Question to 42?

Hello!

I was well happy when I found a Galaxian!

Galaxian

I found one a long time ago, I think I was the first too! But only because I was hex editing all my saved games to have all the Artefact powerups and stuff, hehe!(THATS how I survived that black hole!)

I did a lot more scouring but never found anything else

Chuck.