"BCM first person proof-of-concept" discussion

Scrivener

After checking out the latest Dev Diary I went straight over to FilePlanet to check out the DOA "proof-of-concept" program that SC posted. Unpacking it, however, yeilded twp CRC errors. One in bcte-debug.exe and one in fexplode1.wav. So far I havn't been able to get it to run. The screen goes black for a few seconds then I get dropped to my desktop. Anyone else get around these probs?

Actually, if he's getting a CRC error, just download it again. And before you run it, just delete or rename the bctespawn.ini file. That file was used as hook into BCM but the standalone BCTE module does not need it. I forgot to delete it before uploading the file to the Net. oh well.

Alright, I got the thing to work. To say the least, I'm kinda glad that you decided to go with another engine. BCTE only looks like it had a couple weeks work, but Quake makes that engine look outdated. I'm expecting something at least on par with ST Voyager: Elite Force or AvP2. Hopefully the latter.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

....which is why I said to download it again.

What if it's the source file (on the server) that is corrupted? I don't remember my previous corrupted download... and I've downloaded gigs of data... hundreds of megs at a time (strike force for UT was 255megs)... but no file corruption.