Is it possible to.....

Guest Ent1ty

build structures on a planet? I mean, there has to be a reason for the whole resource gathering element of the game. I assume it is so that you can build structures and stuff. I am really hoping that I can find a nice planet to colonize and spend time on. Something with a little water (but not too much), nice gravity (for bouncing around in), and a whole bunch of exotic and alien fruit trees. However, I am hoping that I don't have so many fruit trees that I have to spend all of my time clearing paths through them.

Bye. Can't wait for the game.

Nova... that's what I said...

From what I know, there will be one universe that could be expanded is the need for it is present. The systems will be divided on the servers, and for each regional trasition, you'll need a security level to accomplish it, the more "important" the transition is, the higher security level you need (in hypothetical order: space-atmosphere, region, system, server). I don't know yet how you can improve your security level, but I hope it won't prevent fleet ops.

So far it seems like the only reason to gather resources with mining drones is to sell them for money. But, the more GalCreds you can get, the closer to that R.A.N.D.O.M....

If I'm not mistaken, GCO will use the existing features in BCM, but use new ones, like buildable structures, internal levels, etc. I bet the developement of GCO will be much shorter than BCM, since the engine is essentialy finished.

I seriously doubt you can destroy an entire planet unless

1. You were extremely bored

2. Had a few months of spare time

3. Had a ton of money and bugnors

4. A great deal of patience

Then I suppose it's possible to wipe out every living thing on the planet and destroy all flora and fauna...

Kind of twisted though...