BCM is officially GOLD!

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Formidable support from you guys! I'm impressed, he never took that much beating in such a small time!

I wonder if he will be able to take it? I wonder even more if he will even dare to reply (I wouldn't be suprised), but if he don't, it's almost admitting to have lost... well from him anyway.

He probably changed to a different alias after the verbal assaults on him. SC's right he's a waste of time...I'd have a better chance of teaching my 2 year old daughter differential equations than to reason with him.

But then again what am I saying.....HIT HIM WHERE IT HURTS!!

I have uploaded the finals, so I thought some of you might want to stare at them while you wait.

BCM box front

BCM box back

BCM box bottom

And the article from the April 2000 CGW which I've been meaning to scan for sometime now.

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

*Stares at pictures and enters dreamland*

Ah can't wait to have that box and it's contents to fly through my letterbox and into my lap in the morning of the 17th. Then I will peel the outer plastic packaging very slowly and once done proceed to install the game. Then I will place the box in a safe place so my kid won't get her greasy hands on it.

*wakes up from dream*

Wait a second I didn't order the game with the box included.

A key sheet. That's great. In BC3000AD I wrote out all the keys on a piece of paper, so this key sheet will make it easier to memorize the keys and I can have it right there at a glance. Nice.

quote:

I just downloaded and unRar'ed it just fine with WinRar 2.90 Beta 2

Hmm, I have 2.80, that's probably the reason. Time to update.

Urza: There's a tga picture in it. You'll have to find a viewer for it. As it's not a very commonly used format.

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

Even 2.9 b4 didn't solve it. But then I found this in the RAR FAQ from www.rarsoft.com:

code:

Q: When I download a RAR archive using Netscape Navigator or communicator,

the file is corrupt, what's wrong?

A: Apache HTTP server erroneously reports the RAR archive type as

text/plain and as a result, Netscape Navigator/Communicator treats

the file as plain text. To prevent this happening, those webmasters,

who use Apache, should create .htaccess file in each directory which

has RAR archives and add the following string to it:

AddType application/x-rar-compressed rar

If .htaccess already exists, this string should be added to the

already existing file.

IExplorer had no problem. 5 tga's, right?

Do you know where I can get one of those viewers? Oh, and a quick unrelated question that isn't worth a whole new topic: What does FTP stand for? Thanks in advance.

FTP= File Transfer Protocol, a way of transfering files(duh) invented in the days of Unix.

Btw, you mentioned a CGW article...well, I have a collectors item. It's an April 1994 issue of CGW, and on the cover, in big bold letters, it says

code:

In this issue: Set a course for Battlecruiser: 3000ad!

Also reviewed:

Frontier: Elite 2

Nomad

Arctic Baron...

In the actual article, it talks a little about the game, and various things in it. The reviewer made a mistake, confusing flux fields with wormholes. It also shows some screenshots,which depict BC3K, made for a 486/DX. I was 9 years old, but when I saw those screenies, and read what the game was like(despite many references to "StarFlight"), I thought,"OMG!! I have to own this game! It's awesome!!"

I REALLY want that proof-of-product demo, but as SC's already told me...

quote:

It's in my personal collection and not for download. You can get version 1.07 at

Oh well, doesn't matter to me much since I'll get BCM in the mail in a few weeks

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: R_wilco ]

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: R_wilco ]

Love the box, shame I won't be getting one. Don't want to flatten one out and send it do you SC? . I mean with all those overseas orders, you must have a few thousand spare boxes knocking around eh?

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: Paddy Gregory ]

Paddy, if you checked the BMT link, you will see that you can get a boxed unit. Its $5 more. If you have already placed your order, just sent them email at [email protected] and tell them. They'll just bill you the additional charge. The units aren't shipping yet, so its not late. I had them sent shrink wrapped and some boxed units.

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Rico Jansen:

Urza: There's a tga picture in it. You'll have to find a viewer for it. As it's not a very commonly used format.

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

You must be kidding. TGA is the most widely used graphics format. You must mean that its not widely used in browsers, unlike GIF and JPG.

Anyway, I have converted the files to JPEG and uploaded it as a 800K zip file. Of course, due to compression schemes, the JPEG files will be blurry - which is why I used TGA files to begin with.

I read the article just a few seconds ago. It's a good read but you're right the image (words) is a bit blurry but it's still readable. By the way I like the colour of your SL500.

Oh yeah......who's the cute chick in the picture?

quote:

Originally posted by rhett:

Do US orders come in a box?

No, why would I want to use a box when I can just use tin cans?

btw, Paddy, I've instructed BMT to create a separate option for the boxed version, just to avoid confusion. Since nobody has been billed, if you have already ordered and you want the boxed version, just send them email with your details and they will bill you at ship time. If you have already pre-ordered, Do NOT re-order or you will be billed for TWO full orders.

My dad's been subscribing to CGW almost as long as they've been around, and he hasn't gotten rid of a single issue yet. (boxes in the attic) Next time I'm home, I'll have to dig up the April '94 issue and see the real thing.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

btw, Paddy, I've instructed BMT to create a separate option for the boxed version, just to avoid confusion. Since nobody has been billed, if you have already ordered and you want the boxed version, just send them email with your details and they will bill you at ship time. If you have already pre-ordered, Do NOT re-order or you will be billed for TWO full orders.

Thanks SC, I already emailed them to upgrade my order, just gave them my shipping address.

Not even I'm stupid enough to order again