Count-Down to Release!!!

Dunedan

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$iLk holds breath and beats on the outside of the hull plating...

*thwump* *thwump*

$iLk, before he implodes raises his hand and extends his middle digit for all to see!

quote:

$iLk, before he implodes raises his hand and extends his middle digit for all to see!

Don't want to burse your buble (haha I made a funny) but due to the pressure being less outside your body, you will actually explode.

Implosion is like for example when you smash a vaccum tube. The shattered glass will actually past through each other.

Ah don't mind me I'm just having bad day in real life.

Sorry you are having a bad day man, anyway I was reading some article the other day that basically was talking about, so long as the pressure was equalized, i.e. you weren't holding your breath and just stayed normal or exhaling, you could last up to 10 seconds or so in vaccum before you started to feel the effects. Also major sunburns would be caused by being exposed to vaccum and space rays, but the gist of the whole thing was that.. for a shot period you could actually survive in space unprotected... just wouldn't feel too hot afterwards.

They also made some points about Underwater pressure and how the same rules apply in a way...

Thought provoking, but then again we have yet to ram someone in an airlock for real...

quote:

Thought provoking, but then again we have yet to ram someone in an airlock for real...

You forgot to mention about curling up into a ball. If you want to see what happens when you ram someone into an airlock just watch 'Event Horizon'. Even when you are equalized (unlikely) your blood will begin to boil and evapourate.

By the way if you cut someones head off, they are also still concious for a few seconds.

quote:

Sorry you are having a bad day man

Don't be....I broke the first rule of marriage....

"The woman is allways right"

Yeah me and my wife are trading fire too...

Every time I try for a truce I get an emotional wailing about how everything in her life even before I met her is my fault, and when I prove her wrong it isn't the last word... just the first word in a new argument...

Ah well, I'll try and do some reading and see if I can't find that article somewhere...

quote:

Every time I try for a truce I get an emotional wailing about how everything in her life even before I met her is my fault, and when I prove her wrong it isn't the last word... just the first word in a new argument...

I guess thats what women are like all over the world. No matter what race they are (mine's English btw) they are all alike.

Sigh......

SC's PC was hacked, we got a partial "dump" of data, here's what we got:

19 Wishlist Items (as requested from an NPC with advanced AI):

Supreme Being, he who codes the all-around & that gorgeous science officers (and other cool things); the following list of needed items I found to be needed at each step of my research in the holodeck:

#1: TOILETS in ships, stations and other assets.

*System creates Toilet // Toilet used by NPC*

*groan*

#2: Toilet PAPER! (Airlock Decompression & Suction system we have now is causing severe casualties, specially amongst the marines).

*paper introduced*

#3: Where's the flush lever? Some future this is.. not even an IR sensor... pass the pump..

*blink*

#4: A Pump

*oh cripes*

#5: WATER

#6: hmm..this should be at the top of the list : Specialized rooms for these new items. I believe our long-dead ancestors called them "Bathrooms". The Bridge became inhabitable after the shakedown cruise.

#7: Stalls inside the bathrooms. Although its nice to have eye to eye contact with your neighboring toilet user, some things are just NOT meant to be used for social bonding. Resnig is spending too much time in there. I dont know if the Chief Engineer's request for something called "superglue" has something to do with it. He does walk funny lately.

#8 More Beer (sorry chief, the Marines said they'd kill me if I didnt put this in!)

#9 More Women (The marines have a point here chief)

#10 Mirrors in the bathrooms. Id like to thank the Tactical Officer for pointing this out. I never wouldve thought of it.

#11 The Medical staff strongly suggests the addition of "hand dryers" or towels. Too many engineers have been coming to sick bay with electric shock injuries. The Commander was also reported to have had a similar experience while plugging his coffee machine.

#12 Showers. Marine #10 commented that they should be communal to save space & weight in the ship's design. When the XO pointed out the gender & privacy issues Marine #10 ended the argument with "Its the third millenium! We're adults, we're in the military! Take your childish taboos back to Earthcom!"

#13 Marine #10 later suggested that toilets also be added in the brig. I think he just solved why the Insurgency was calling our brigs "the finest torture ever created by human hands".

Thats what we got out. Makes you wonder what 14 to 19 were. For what its worth, thats a damn wise AI.

VOTE: Is this a New Countdown? Y/N?

(gawd im bored.. need BCM... now...)

ROFL, Tac! But wait...I think I found #14!

#14 The medical staff also strongly suggests having a plumber's friend in each bathroom area. They deem plunging the commode with our hands to be unsanitary. It also explains why the food from the galley's been making a lot of us sick.

(Half serious here - one of my friends had to perform the above maneuver once. )

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: Joel Schultz ]

further decryptions have been pieced together from the dump...

#15 Janatorial Fleet will become a reality. Notes from SC exclaim, "With all the crap that's been happening lately(shirley aka fabio aka whatever causing problems, fleet reorganisation, newbies having less of a clue) I need an elite fighting force to clean up the universe!

#16 xlsfkfksfpofs; s;f./..sfsf'fs'

#17 e-rmggk3ylfg3[tfg]tpjsfsffsd

#18 epweropw90mvmnb'ghl!100**%4>>

Decryption program seems to be malfunctioning, I thought you fixed computer ensign, its not the computer Sir, its the software, something calledWindows 95,

hold on give it a 3 finger salute, yes sir, I said hit the ctrl-alt-del at once, don't stand back and salute the PC!

There we go, PC back online, what does the final one say ensign

#19 Anymore coutdowns to whatever, started by anybody, will drive me insane and force me to do whatever, something!

PC is craping out again Sir, to bad we didn't have the Linux PC!

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

LOL Tac!

Argh! Only just got my Voodoo
in December gone, so that I'd be ready take a look at the first BCM demo . Still, quite frankly, the rendering glitches were probably staring me in my face during gameplay and I didn't notice them or they didn't bother me, so I won't be changing anything here anyhows.

Same here (V5). Glitches what glitches?

'We don't need no steenking glitches!'

Man, what film was that from? Three Amigos?

#20 Systems Engineers will also have to perform routine maintenece on the fecile matter waste disposal units. Otherwise we end up with a ship-wide contamination worse than a radine leak.

EDIT: You don't want to know how true this is...

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Urza ]

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Did people from the EB actually called you guys? If so then I am getting worried as nobody called me yet.

Well, one person said that they "let him know", maybe he went down there and asked? I asked them too, they said the 15th. And the person just before said BMT Micro emailed them.

BMT Micro and EB Games are unrelated, right?