Count-Down to Release!!!

Dunedan

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the product ships on the 15th, you should have it by the 17th.

If the product is suppose to be in stores on the 15th, then it should ship on the 11th or 12th(15th being a monday, it would a extra day since there is a sunday involved).

Hey, few days left!

I would suppose only the SC knows when production stops and shipping begins

And to my knowledge, BMT Micro and EbGames or Electronics Boutique, are 2 different companies. The only reason I say that is I used to be a manager of a EB store a few years ago.

Best video card? I think GF3. But in my case, I just formated my hd today, reinstalled everything, updated all the drivers and programs that I need. Computer runs very smooooooooth. Now I am just waiting.

quote:

I'm confused. Wouldn't BCM make you sleep less if you had it?

Umm..... maybe you're right but i think i would feel better if i had the Shiny Box in my hands. And you Menchise, wouldn't you feel better if you had it right now?

Just spoke to the production company.

- box is out of production

- manual is out of production

- keyboard template* is out of production

- macrovision duplication finished

- packaging should start week of 10/15

*In a sheer brainstorm, I asked them to move the nav map which used to be in the manual (and was barely readable) to the back of the keyboard sheet. The keyboard commands are printed on one side and the nav chart on the other side of the single 8›x11› sheet - which folds into three parts to fit inside the manual. So, the map is now larger and easier to read than if it was in the manual. The manual came out at 74 pages (QuarkXpress Mac format). The extra page contains the names of the Beta testers who survived to the end

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I was searching the EB website and I found a EB store near where I live.

(ahh the link doesn't work, removed) This WAS a picture of where it is, it WAS the number 1.

However, using my means of transporation (bicycle), it's quite far (It's 15km from my home, probably 20 with the real travel (something like a 30-45 mins ride).... and i don't know how it will cost me...

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

Ah, I love my car. Except I can't park on campus, so it's sitting in front of my house.

EDIT: At least it wasn't thrown around in the tornado, like all the cars in a half-mile radius of my dorm.

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: Urza ]

btw, there are THREE separate companies involved in the production, which is why all three have to send in their materials (box, printed manual+keyboard, SafeDisc CDROM) to the fullfillment center, before all materials can be put together. Thats where everything gets packaged, shrinkwrapped, put on palettes and shipped to me, EB and BMT - all on the same day. Two days later, EB and BMT should start fullfiling orders. So, this still puts all this on the week of 10/15.

The guy in the EB store in my local mall already knows I wont let his sister go until he gets me a copy.

Which makes it hard, she's hot.. but so is BC:M... dammit SC, you've gotten me into my first midlife crisis!

quote:

The guy in the EB store in my local mall already knows I wont let his sister go until he gets me a copy.

Which makes it hard, she's hot.. but so is BC:M... dammit SC, you've gotten me into my first midlife crisis!

Don't worry Tac. As soon as she sees your BCM she won't want to leave.

If your talking about EB fulfillment center(the main one), last time I remember it was in or around West Chester, PA. That used to be there there main shipping and distribution center, but that was a few years ago. I don't know if taht is still main center.

Now, the fulfillment center that SC is talking about, I don't know

Your guess is as good as mine!

quote:

Originally posted by jstuart:

If your talking about EB fulfillment center(the main one), last time I remember it was in or around West Chester, PA. That used to be there there main shipping and distribution center, but that was a few years ago. I don't know if taht is still main center.

Now, the fulfillment center that SC is talking about, I don't know

Your guess is as good as mine!

EB doesn't handle my production. I do. So, their fulfillment center has nothing to do with my production. My fulfillment center ships their units to their central warehouse. From there is goes to the various stores.

EBgames shipping date has been moved back to 10/29/01...

Guess production is getting held up by something or they are stocking their shelves before shipping to us preorder people...