Count-Down to Release!!!

Dunedan

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Maybe what the SC said a while back is right (he was kidding)

When everybody was guessing on the release date of BCM Tac showed up and said that his birthday was on December so why not release it on December

Then the SC said: ok it's going out in December then.

Maybe i'm right.

noooooooo!!!!!!

Today, I was told by one of the Managers of EB that BCM would probably not be out until the holidays!?!?! Now mind you, he could be blowing smoke...But then again, he quit smoking a few years back. We'll see I guess...

Ok, I think we all want to know what's going on... We went from "it will ship this week" to EB reporting, essentially, that they've no idea what's going on. The speculation is going nuts... Maybe the SC, who is the only one who knows what's going on, could shed some light...

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Come on people, have patience. You have pre-ordered, the game is gold, out of production, just strap in and wait.

Yup couldn't have said it better myself. Antyhing can happen on the way. There's always the delays caused by transport that is not within SC's control.

Besides don't you think SC wants to get this game out to the market more than we want to play it? He spent tons of cash and his time making the game. So just be like me and relax.

Well, here my 0.02 worth! Went ot local EB yesterday, picked up CIV III, (not much sleep last night), and asked the manager about BCM.

He wasn't too busy, so he said wait a few minutes, looked at his computer console and made a telephone call.

Came back a few minutes later and said, " EB was expecting BCM to be in stores, Thursday, Nov 15th."

That was the new date he got from his computer console and phone call. Now, he said in stores, so if that is the next target date, so be it.

Then he went on to explain the process of why it was taking so long and I am paraphrasing him:

Well, you know Derek Smart is an independent developer, 0jstuart)(yes I know that), so he doesn't have the big bucks and extensive workforce. (jstuart)Yup, I know that. Mr. Smart is proably putting together all the final product in his home with his family members as the workforce. That's why its taking a little extra time.

I thought a decent enough explanation.

Or just a interesting story.

But, thats a interesting way of keeping costs down SC, make the family do the work!

Then again, maybe the guy didn't have a clue of what he was talking about or did he!

Just a story to pass along.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: jstuart ]

quote:

Originally posted by jstuart:

Well, you know Derek Smart is an independent developer, 0jstuart)(yes I know that), so he doesn't have the big bucks and extensive workforce. (jstuart)Yup, I know that. Mr. Smart is proably putting together all the final product in his home with his family members as the workforce. That's why its taking a little extra time.

He got most of it right, except for the workforce part. The fact is, I'm not handling production. There are THREE companies involved and thats one aspect of the delays.

Anyway, I'm releasing a press statement tomorrow, along with other titbits of info related to this.

Guest dnoyeB!

quote:

Originally posted by jstuart:

But, thats a interesting way of keeping costs down SC, make the family do the work!

Hehe, sweat shop software

I'm sure there is a much better explanation since its already Gold and he can't add anything to the code.

Now I remember my q3 was late and I ended up canceling and getting it from the store because the company doing their manuals was late.

Maybe the box art is late?

Maybe the bonus Derek Smart action figure for the first 50 orders is late

Maybe "inspector 13" is on vacation, hehe.

quote:

Maybe the bonus Derek Smart action figure for the first 50 orders is late

Wow, cool a action figure! It programs code,walks, and even say a few words!

I'll pay extra for that, no matter what the cost!

quote:

Originally posted by warreng:

i got a email form ebgames today and is said that i would not get bmc until as early as 11/17/01 and they still might pull the date back further.

I suspect it has been held back in order to be used in a major Ramadan offensive...

Guest dnoyeB!

quote:

Originally posted by MrkGrismer:

I suspect it has been held back in order to be used in a major Ramadan offensive...

Hehe. Its so close to Christmas, they might as well hold it a few weeks more...

quote:

Heh, is it just me, or are people posting less around here? It's all quiet on the Battlecrusier front. It's probably just me.

I agree, the buzz I first felt around prime fleet has disappeared!! But it's probably just that all the BC fans are camping outside there local EB store!! LOL......I can vividly imagine this!!

[rp]*EB manager opens door to a new day*...In unison several BC freaks voice "Is it her yet???" "Sorry guyÔÇÖs, it ainÔÇÖt in" *bc fans retreat once again to there tents* "tell me that story again about that time you blew up galcom hq.....[/rp] LOL

quote:

"tell me that story again about that time you blew up galcom hq.....

It's funny that you bring that up, This was one of my first bug reports for BCM, WAY back.

Yes, I launched from Galcom, then turned around and attacked it!! just kept firing away at it until it went BOOM!!! IT STAYED blue!! And didn't fire back at me. Made the report and SC fixed it. Next time I did it, Galcom toasted me!!! LOL

Sorry, kind of bored tonight!!

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

quote:

Originally posted by Robbie:

Mine was listed the same as of yesterday!!! I was tempted to say something yesterday, but I figured I would wait to see how many more people noticed it Now the question is.. how long does it take to go from processing to shipping???

Its just a matter of days. I would say that, depending on where you are, you should get your copy in less than a week from ebgames.com and the stores should get it by the weekend.