Everything you always wanted to ask...

Papi

quote:

Originally posted by Roberto:

I also have another question, which I was tempted to put in the tech support, but I figured I would ask here first just incase this isnt really a design issue.

If your marines are transported to a planet, and they have more than one weapon, should they swap weapons when one of them has run out of ammo?? (fires rocket launcher untill empty, then just sits there although he has a ZS10 rifle too!)

Yes they will depending on the target. Also, just because he has a ZS10, doesn't mean he has ammo for it.

In the future, we will have them swapping weapons (and modes) based on different criteria. And teach them how to use supply stations (they don't use them atm).

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive a question for you SC, regarding the deployment of marines via a shuttle. What AI level do you need to be to do this with out killing them all?? I just tried a pilot with a AI of 25, and it still killed them all. Also did the same for deploying a OC (Ai of 24) and also just set way points with the last one set to HALT (AI 24 also) and it didnt halt (waypoints were long way apart.. 2 way points) and also tried to same with the last waypoint being Wait for orders, which acording to the manual is the same as Halt.

Just curious to the levels needed for these to work correctly (tried them all on a flat piece of land)

quote:

Originally posted by Roberto:

Ive a question for you SC, regarding the deployment of marines via a shuttle. What AI level do you need to be to do this with out killing them all?? I just tried a pilot with a AI of 25, and it still killed them all. Also did the same for deploying a OC (Ai of 24) and also just set way points with the last one set to HALT (AI 24 also) and it didnt halt (waypoints were long way apart.. 2 way points) and also tried to same with the last waypoint being Wait for orders, which acording to the manual is the same as Halt.

Just curious to the levels needed for these to work correctly (tried them all on a flat piece of land)

Thats odd. Lemme run some tests and get back to you. Normally, 25+ and higher should be fine.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

No. Why would you want to do that?

A lot of people find it easier to play from a first person perspective with an inverted mouse (it's a common option in most shooters). Personally, I find it kind of odd too... but I guess whatever someone is more used to is easier for them.

Ummm where can I see the amount of damage?? Looked in the appendix and it just lists how many each ship has.

For that matter is the damage for primary weapons the same ship to ship?? Does primary Weapons on a Storm Carrier do more damage than those on a MK3 or Garid??

Just thought this type of info is good to know when deciding what type of ship to use. Not THE deciding factor but one of them.

quote:

Originally posted by Skeletun:

Ummm where can I see the amount of damage?? Looked in the appendix and it just lists how many each ship has.

They're not in the appendix because its not relevant and its not something a layman can calculate easily.

One minor annoyance I've had all the way through the beta is the damage ratio with main cannons, especially those on fighters. Fighters can put out an insane amout of firepower for their size and one can decimate a carrier or crusier in a single pass. It really doesn't seem like a massive and heavily defended station or carrier when a little fighter can shred it in seconds.

Was there any reaon why the damage for those cannons are so high or the rate of fire is so high?

Here's a question. What does the symbology for the weather forcasts mean.

It'll say something like:

Weather: Normal (This I understand)

Forecast: Hot 13M (This I don't)

At first I thought it was "Hot in 13M" but the number never changed, and the weather never got "Hot" I left it running for several hours.

Anyone know what it means?

Darn, I was hoping I'd be able to go to HJ to the outer reaches of a sector and have a space party

I was hoping I could, becuase I'm trying to figure a way around the planetfall problem when I jump to a target on the other side of the planet.

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: Fractux ]