Everything you always wanted to ask...

Papi

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

If I launched the R.A.N.D.O.M. weapon at a planet, then transported myself there, could I get a cool view of armageddon?

You could achieve the same thing by watching from the safety of your trusty TacOps computer.

But then I wouldn't get as good a view... haven't your parents ever told you that t.v. was no replacement for real life?

I think it would be cool to send everybody to a gas planet and hear them screaming over the comm channels...

Me:How do you boys like it down there?

Crew:For the love of God! Help US!

Me:I might push it... reaches towards the transporter control... lifts hand back up and I might not!

Crew:Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! *ZAP*

Me:Hehe... now how do I run this damn thing...

quote:

Originally posted by Badgerius:

So we can blockade incoming ships now? If we send all of our ships to Jupiter and Pluto, we shouldn't have enemy ships appearing at Mars without them travelling past us?

It depends on if they have HSD tech or not

quote:

Originally posted by Urza:

You could achieve the same thing by watching from the safety of your trusty TacOps computer.

Untrue.

In BCM, once you launch any OTS missile, you are auto-switch to the spectator view on the planet just as soon as the missile is about to detonate. This way, you can survey the damage from ground-zero, before going back to Tacops.

Thanks to everyone for the answers about the AI. I guess I'm like a kid in a candy store who can't get the candy yet, so he just wants a detailed description on how it tastes. My questions were answered beyond what I had hoped to get and I can't wait until the game is delivered to my door.

SC wrote:

quote:

Notice the texturing, White banding etc

fp mode, crouched

fp mode, standing

fp mode, standing + firing

I didn't experience these clitches with my V3 after the latest patch.

I mean after the last beta patch (v2.3.09.09), and here's my specs:

CPU: AMD K6 2/500

RAM: 128mb

OPERATING SYSTEM win98

OS ENVIRONMENT 1024*768/16bit

BCM ENVIRONMENT 1024*768/Full-screen/16bit/16bit

VIDEO CARD INFO Voodoo3 PCI 2000/1.07

I ran bcm release with /NM /LT options in command line.

Ok, here is sort of a silly question, but something I am kinda curious about....

So, how nasty are the bases in the shipped version of BCM compared to BC3K?......And does an A.I. fleet, being unsupported or unobstructed by a player, have a chance at successfully knocking one out?

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: Korono Lakeela ]

This may have already been asked, but I'm curious, IS there a way to change your caste in-game? Like going renegade, or somehow resigning your commision to become a trader? Probably not, but I thought I'd ask

No, unless it is scripted in the mission/campaign OR you are court martialed

And also, I forgot what it was called, but I read that there's a feature in The Game which let's you recieve AND send messages to NPC ships(and PC ships after the MP patch). Has it been enabled, or is it still in testing, or just removed?

Not enabled

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

quote:

I read that there's a feature in The Game which let's you recieve AND send messages to NPC ships

yes, i have been wondering about this too....if it is in the game, will you be able to conduct one-on-one NPC deplomacy??

quote:

Originally posted by Korono Lakeela:

Ok, here is sort of a silly question, but something I am kinda curious about....

So, how nasty are the bases in the shipped version of BCM compared to BC3K?......And does an A.I. fleet, being unsupported or unobstructed by a player, have a chance at successfully knocking one out?

In my opinion (and I think it was other betatesters opinion too) starstations are nastier, I didn't try to take out starbases if you mean them though...

And I had to change the whole strategy against npc's, they are harder all around.

quote:

Originally posted by R_wilco:

This may have already been asked, but I'm curious, IS there a way to change your caste in-game? Like going renegade, or somehow resigning your commision to become a trader? Probably not, but I thought I'd ask

And also, I forgot what it was called, but I read that there's a feature in The Game which let's you recieve AND send messages to NPC ships(and PC ships after the MP patch). Has it been enabled, or is it still in testing, or just removed?

You can't change your caste in the created profile. But of course you can go and start rebelling, but you'll get those fighters on your tail that stations sends after your butt

No, there's no feature to send messages to npc's.

[ 10-13-2001: Message edited by: Papi ]

I could go for some comunications with the NPC. Like "drop your cargo or be destroyed" and the more damaged they get the more incentive they have to drop their cargo. Or something like "Please leave me alone you can have my cargo"