Everything you always wanted to ask...

Papi

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

No, you can't take weapons from killed enemies, all of them are vaporized after killing and disappear with their gear.

I apologize if I sound redundant here, but you can't even pick up ammo? And that brings me to another question. In the marine career, how do you get equipment? Is it just given to you at the start of your career? If so, how do you replenish your ammo supply?

And you can't drop weapons in single player either. Due to the numerous amount of options, it needs special handling. e.g. if an EFM drops a ZS10, a pilot can't pick it up because that character is not allowed that weapon etc.

So, by the time the mp patch is out, special handling will be implemented for it in mp but not sp.

In sp, you can't drop your weapons/ammo/items, nor pickup any. If you want to heal injury, infection or radiation or you want to repair your combat armor or just get more clips for the weapons you are carrying, you have to locate a supply station. There are several at all bases.

The supply station has a med, repair and weapon station all in one. In sp, you or NPCs can use it. In mp, up to three people can use it at the same time.

The soundfx for the medical station are hilarious. Wait'll you'll hear it for the first time - you'll piss yourself laughing at the noise your AE makes when he is being fixed. I'll probably enable this in the E3 demo. Or maybe not. Can't give everything away. Go buy the damn game.

As I was typing this, I captured some shots showing me using a supply station and then later jetpacking to the top of a solar plant....and camping the station, waiting for some hapless NPC to come use it. In mp, I'm sure you'd be doing the same thing. Especially since they can be destroyed and take 15 mins to rebuild.

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I usually don't like playing multiplayer game, people usually cheat and I think back when I tried playing Diablo on the net it just turned me away from multi forever, but that right there makes me want to go kick some butt. You won't be able to cheat in BCM multi will you?

quote:

You won't be able to cheat in BCM multi will you?

The SC can give you a more detailed answer but i think that cheating won't be allowed and if somebody gets you then you'll be kicked out of the server. You know that everything can happen, there do exist trainers, cracks and so.

SC, Just wondering if their could ever possible be a patch that lets you take other NPC's weapons, armor, etc from them after you kill them.

I am just saying this because, i think it would be really fun to be a fugitive and run around killing people, and taking and living off of their stuff. (just an idea)

And I realize that a Pilot won't necessarily know how to use a Marines weapon, but I am just saying...it's an idea.

(also have fingers crossed for "mature" patch, in the far future.)

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian Dune:

SC, Just wondering if their could ever possible be a patch that lets you take other NPC's weapons, armor, etc from them after you kill them.

I am just saying this because, i think it would be really fun to be a fugitive and run around killing people, and taking and living off of their stuff. (just an idea)

And I realize that a Pilot won't necessarily know how to use a Marines weapon, but I am just saying...it's an idea.

(also have fingers crossed for "mature" patch, in the far future.)

Probably not.

I thought of these questions looking at the screenshots you posted earlier.

1. Was there a specific reason why the planetary teleporter thing (I forget what it's called) isn't enabled in single player? It seems a little limiting in what you can do with the marine career.

2. If you start in a hostile base as a marine, how do you get more ammo and equipment, assuming you can't use their supply station? (if you can, just say so)

3. In general, how much does your armor help you? In other words, how many shots can you take on average, with an average gun and average armor before croaking? (sorry if I'm being too general here, but are we talking Counterstrike(head shots are lethal) or Duke Nukem(not even God can take that much damage and still be alive))

4. How many marines can you expect to find in an average base? Do they respawn?

5. If you can't see anything at night, aren't these bases lit up?

These questions ought to hold me for a few days.

quote:

Originally posted by Urza:

I thought of these questions looking at the screenshots you posted earlier.

1. Was there a specific reason why the planetary teleporter thing (I forget what it's called) isn't enabled in single player? It seems a little limiting in what you can do with the marine career.

2. If you start in a hostile base as a marine, how do you get more ammo and equipment, assuming you can't use their supply station? (if you can, just say so)

3. In general, how much does your armor help you? In other words, how many shots can you take on average, with an average gun and average armor before croaking? (sorry if I'm being too general here, but are we talking Counterstrike(head shots are lethal) or Duke Nukem(not even God can take that much damage and still be alive))

4. How many marines can you expect to find in an average base? Do they respawn?

5. If you can't see anything at night, aren't these bases lit up?

These questions ought to hold me for a few days.

1. The DJP is enabled in sp but it has minimal functionality i.e restricted to the current planet only; only transports personnel and not vehicles etc

2. In sp there is no restriction on supply station use. If think you're going to make a beeline for a hostile station with NPCs in pursuit, then you should think twice about that because you'll probably get killed while using it.

3. I don't answer silly questions. Wait for the game.

4. It depends on the base. No, there is no such thing as re-spawning in BCM. Never was. If a base has 50 marines, then all 50 will be sent out in teams. Kill em all and it will take awhile for new ones to come along.

5. Goto Q3

Understood. Also, I was reading the first person items in the appendix when I saw this in the explanation of armor.

quote:

PROVIDES PROTECTION FROM WEAPONS FIRE BUT NOT FROM HEAD SHOTS OR FALL INDUCED INJURIES.

Earlier, I asked (about a month ago) if there was hit detection in BCM, and you said no, but this quote seems to disagree. Did hit detection get back in or is this quote from the appendix inacurate?

(sorry for asking the same question twice)

My system is:

IBM Netvista

766 celeron

190mb ram

nVidia riva m64 tnt-2 32mb

soundmax inigrated digital soundcard

Can anyone tell me if they think it will be up to snuff for BCM?

Cheers

J

quote:

Originally posted by Josh:

My system is:

IBM Netvista

766 celeron

190mb ram

nVidia riva m64 tnt-2 32mb

soundmax inigrated digital soundcard

Can anyone tell me if they think it will be up to snuff for BCM?

Cheers

J

These are the kind of posts that get deleted on sight. Whats the matter with you? Don't you know where the products page with the system requirements is?

[ 10-21-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

the requirement page doesnt give you a clue... I recently tried demo 2, and I thought these graphics isnt that demanding hehe. well they are, refeering to the bloke who asked that question how it would run on his system compared to mine i got

athlon 750mhz

256 mb RAM

geforce 2 MX 32mb

im not the typical gamer freak that buys every new card that comes out so dont bother writing i should buy a new graphic card hehe

anyway i tried to play it in 960*7xx something and the usual 1024*768 everything 16 bit

40-50 fps in space flight which I think drops to 25 bps or less when action ...

then I tried planetary thing and walked around I got like 21-28bps,

and what I am curious about if you can answer which I think many others have questioned before but you dislead them so that they should buy it

if you have modified the kernel of the game so it runs faster? and have any beta testers noticed any increase in fps?

PS: negativity creates negativity= creates people like bin laden...

many thanks to hmhm for the answer.

The only reason I waste time with these kinda questions is because I have a slow connextion and it takes about 11 hours to dl the demos. I dl the episode 1, and it worked, then I upgraded my graphics card, and now it won't even start...

READ the BCM FAQ to-wit z-buffer setting for Episode1

I assume this is because it is buggy... I don't have another 11 hours to download the ep2 demo to see if it is any better. As far as I can tell from the specs posted on the web page, my system is pretty much at the "recomended" level... but then again the low grade demo won't run at all. Then there is the fact that the episode 2 demo doesn't even use the same kernal as the final release...

So I thought I'd ask the beta testers. It seemed like that was what this thread was for. I wanted to see what people with more knowledge and experience with the game than I thought about how it would perform on my system, or if I needed to make further changes to make it all worthwhile...

I'm sorry if this is offenisive to the SC in someway. If it is too much trouble to answer then don't bother answering... If it is so evil then delete it, but shut the hell up with your rude bull crap because it serves abosolutly no purpose.

I already went out an bought a new 3d accelerator just so this game, which I already paid for, will run if it ever actually gets shipped to me. So maybe you could cut some slack for a fan of the original game, in spite of its bugs and flaws, and in spite of its creators obnoxious attitude, who is trying to upgrade their system for no other reason to accomodate your game.

If anything you should be flattered by the trouble I'm going to. Maybe you should hire someone to do your pr.

Flattery will get you nowhere fast on this forum. Search the BCM Demo threads for Episode1 fixes. This forum has a powerful search engine - use it

TTFN

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]