Everything you always wanted to ask...

Papi

JJ, If you get 200000 experience points (EP) in BC3K you get Supreme Commander rank and it gives you Fleet C&C. I never managed it, but I know that in theory it's possible.

In BCM if you gather 50000 EP's you get a rank of Strategic Commander and Fleet C&C.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urza:

Q: Is the territory each race/caste controls dynamic? Meaning, could a coordonated Gammulan assault push the Terrans back a system or two? Without being directly involved yourself?

A: Gotta leave this one to SC to answer

Q: For a marine carreer, is it possible to move to another planet, or are you stuck where you first start?

A: You're stuck in the place you start from as far as I know, no hitch hiking

Q: How do finances work in the pilot and marine careers?

A: It's a little same as with me in the real life, finances don't work.

In the other words marines and pilots don't get salary and can't trade etc.

BTW Urza you'll find that old retro trick don't work so good anymore against npc's.

[ 10-04-2001: Message edited by: Papi ]

quote:

Originally posted by Urza:

I like the way the moon is in the same region as Earth. The way it was handled in BC3K was silly.k

There was nothing silly about it. In 1998 did you have a system capable of handling two such entities in the same region? Especially a region with such high activity?

quote:

Originally posted by Papi:

Urza:

Q: Is the territory each race/caste controls dynamic? Meaning, could a coordonated Gammulan assault push the Terrans back a system or two? Without being directly involved yourself?

A: Gotta leave this one to SC to answer

No. BC was never designed that way

quote:

Originally posted by Urza:

For a marine carreer, is it possible to move to another planet, or are you stuck where you first start?

In sp you are stuck at that hostile base since the DJP is not enabled in sp and marines can't fly crafts. In mp this is not a problem since DJPs are active and marines can hitch a ride on someone else's shuttle, vehicle or CC.

I've to upgrade my sistem but that won't be until December. I don't want to wait for too long to play BCM so im going to buy it before. What i want to know if the game could at least run OK in my system.

Windows Millenium

PIII 750 MHZ

128 mbram (96 not shared)

Sis 630 video card (32mb shared)... yes, i know this card sucks.

I will upgrade to the following... well say get the something because this one is for my brother.

Alienware Area 51:

Intel p4 2.0 GHZ

384MB ram

75gb Hard disk

NVIDIA GE FORCE 3

16X DVD rom drive

Windows XP

It's US$2395.00 but i can umm... my father can afford it.

So will it run on my system? (i'm talking about the one i currently have)

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr. P. Laracuente:

I've to upgrade my sistem but that won't be until December. I don't want to wait for too long to play BCM so im going to buy it before. What i want to know if the game could at least run OK in my system.

Windows Millenium

PIII 750 MHZ

128 mbram (96 not shared)

Sis 630 video card (32mb shared)... yes, i know this card sucks.

BCM system requirements

We all know the requirments!

What we all want to know is... will I want to upgrade my CPU the moment I start playing, or will I even forget what CPU I have, lost in the world of BCM. And the difficulty in answering that question is that the jugdment really is quite subjective. I may not have a problem with the occasinal stutter on a P3 500, whereas, someone else may not be satisfied unless they're running on a 2ghz with 256 meg of Rambus RAM. I don't think Derek can tell what your personal tastes are, but...

My guess is that with a P3 750 (and this is a guess) you'll be fine. My P3 500 / Voodoo 3 combo however...

Good answers, thanks.

Now about ships, as you progress in rank I know you can't but it would be good if you could get a carrier if say you started with a ... warmonger. Something like a Space Station menu for ship access.

don't kill me I was just throwing that up in the air...

And as far as MP, what will the marine see if picked up on a shuttle? And can he exit at will?

Also, who on your ship is eligible to go to shuttle bay and fly a shuttle? I used to use marines but they weren't very good pilots...

I know the AE, and your pilots and copilots...

just wondering.

I asked someone before... Rtoolooze if there was a water planet... that was just wondering.

Um, but as to things in it now, what does the surface of say... mercury look like and are there ill effects by going somewhere that hot?

I'm big for details... good thing I'm not your publisher SC, I wouldn't rush you to finish it to meet some date, I wouldn't let you finish it and make you keep adding things...

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Good answers, thanks.

Now about ships, as you progress in rank I know you can't but it would be good if you could get a carrier if say you started with a ... warmonger. Something like a Space Station menu for ship access.

don't kill me I was just throwing that up in the air...

Yon airlock looms.

And as far as MP, what will the marine see if picked up on a shuttle? And can he exit at will?

Also, who on your ship is eligible to go to shuttle bay and fly a shuttle? I used to use marines but they weren't very good pilots...

Marines-Pilots-Flight Engineers. Maybe all of your NPC personnel. I never tried it.

I know the AE, and your pilots and copilots...

just wondering.

I asked someone before... Rtoolooze if there was a water planet... that was just wondering.

Um, but as to things in it now, what does the surface of say... mercury look like and are there ill effects by going somewhere that hot?

Flying a ship into a hostile atmosphere will keep your system engineers very busy. That is if you make it back into space.
:o

When you attack a SS, does it relay on it's own goods to repair itself, or it just "regenerate" (thus not affecting items onboard the station)

It regenerates automatically without affecting any items on the station. Its not a craft. To handle stations like that would mean that a station would take weeks, if not months to go back online after being destroyed. The code has been there since BC3K v1.0 and is still disabled. Only its engineers are used for when you dock. They don't anything else.

Can you siege a station by killing anyone trying to get supplies to it?

Yes. Its in the VCF. Try reading it.

Does the station depend on traders and commercial for the supply of some items? (MN station depending on traders for AD items)

Yes. Its in the VCF. Try reading it.

[ 10-06-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Actually Epsilon 5 I remember reading about those tactics in the original bc3k manual. It takes a long ass time from what I heard. Gave tactics on how to mine jumpgates, interdict traders and eventually the station would start to break down.

I hope it still applies, and will be easier thanks to the new jump rules.

I've tried it, but I've never managed to see an effect. The SC told me its there, so I have no doubt it is. No doubt I ran out of fuel, and as soon as I left, 16 LRT-10s showed up with the beer and pretzels.

How the the AI work for the other races, in terms of deciding what to do strategically? Let me clarify. If you are playing Earth, does the AI for the other races have any grand stratgies depending on what is going on in the universe? Can the Gammulan high command decide to launch an all out assault on Earth in order to defeat or severely cripple the humans? If this is possible, can the AI for Earth react with a preemptive strike on the nearest Gammulan base if the human player discovers that the Gammulans are preparing to launch this major attack? (Or if an AI Earth vessel discovers it for that matter.)

No

If the above does not happen, then in general, how does the AI work? Do enemy ships just appear randomly in areas?

Yes and No.

Finally, is there some type of news system to let the player know what is going on in the universe. Things such as who is now at war with who, where the latest battles were, etc?

Not unless it has been scripted.

(Btw, I did dabble with the original Battlecruiser, when it first came out and after it was patched, and I just never understood how things in the universe were working. I have ordered BCM and plan to sit down with it and really learn how it plays, I just wanted to know how far the AI really goes in this game. If my questions are confusing let me know and I will try to rephrase them. Thanks for any help.)

TTFN

[ 10-05-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]