The official your favorite things thread!

Hunted

Spacestar

Stormcarrier

Galaxian (The As of Yet, Secret One)

Mercenary

In BC:TE, I liked the Assult Rifle thing (with the Laser Targeting thing)

ORION!!!

Raven

In respective order.... (too bad if you don't know the order by memory)

I might try to put a poll up on my site so peeps can vote on certain things (different thing each week). I'd love to see it that way. Percentages and statistics and crap like that. What ya want first?

My favorite ships come in order of what class:

OC: Humvee! I always wanted one in real life

FC: The P-21 Vandal was my favorite fighter, even from BC3K

CC: I like the Questar for it's look, the Warmonger for it's power(despite that it looks like a duck's beak), the BC Mk3, and the Firestorm carrier.

My favorite races are Terran, Vesperon, Droidion(and Syrion), and Gammulan. Terran for obvious reasons, Vesperon becuase they remind me of the Klingons, Droidion and Syrion because they(vaguely) remind me of the borg, and Gammulan becuase the represent the official "enemy" of the BC series.

[ 10-05-2001: Message edited by: R_wilco ]

REAL Humvee's SUCK!

I also Like the Questar... Not only for it's look... 10 PTA Turrets!

Fighter - P-21 Vandal(Always wanted one in real life)

Carriers??? Well honestly in BC3k I got so upset with my pilots always getting Killed so early or easily that I never bothered to use them much....

quote:

REAL Humvee's SUCK!

I disagree Melcar. I've been driving real Humvees (HMMWV M1035) for the past 12 years. Them puppies will go anywhere and damn near through any obstacle.

But my fav BCM GV is the ATV

TTFN

[ 10-06-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

Well Gallion, I only drove them for about 3 years... But my experience is they SUCK... Uncomfortable seats, NOISY, Drafty(Was stationed in Alaska), and they LEAK(3 months in Korea... During Monsoon season).

Oh... And unless you put Approx 400lbs in the Rear end they do not handle Icy roads well.

[ 10-07-2001: Message edited by: Melcar ]

It's difficult to say, since I've never been a race/caste other than Terran/Military. Oh, by the time I finally get BCM, I'll be so torn apart by the long wait that I'll need a doctor to sew me back together. And on my budget, I'd probably have to sell my computer to be able to afford that kind of operation. So you can see the jam I'm in.

Lets see difficult choice

Fav race Terran because other races are slightly underdevoloped(mainly because could not play other races in BC3K)

Favourite ship: Nightstar carrier (nice ship and good firepower)

Haven't really played FP yet (old vid card) so as regards equip and stuff no decision yet let you know when I upgrade my vid card and get playing FP

My fav thing is to OTS one area of a site to soften it up. Then beam down a bunch of marines with varying firepower. Then go down there myself with a sniper rifle and start taking pot shots at everyone who doesn't look like my Dad.

Man, that sniper rifle is cool - if I may say so myself.

• 2 years later...

I love the Questar. Yeah, it's not much when compared to stronger, bigger, better (cloak-able) ships but it's fast and deadly if handled correctly

Ever seen a player capture another ship, tractor it, wait for it's shields to regenerate, then try to back up on a starbase keeping the tractored ship between them and the base's big main guns? Well, if you fly a Questar, you know what I'm talking about. Don't laugh, I've actually tried that... (Seriously though, thank goodness for firing arcs

It seems to me that the PTA "Sweet Spot" on most other ships is some miniscule area near the front of the ship and you have to move your ship this way and that to get a target into it blah blah. Not so with the Questar

And the most wonderful thing about the Questar is...

PTA Sweet Spot = Front of Ship

Fly at fighters in a very drunk manner, that's not a prob for the Questar. She shoots even more at targets located on the top 50% of the screen so... just fly upside down and poof, no ground targets for your main guns

Officialy my favourite thing: The girl sitting next to me.... For pics PM me

No, just joking...my favourite ship would be the BC Mark 3

My favourite thing to do?

Sending ships harrasing Gammulan Transports

Favourite Race: Humans (why, because I would love to do all these things humans can do in 3010 right now)

Favourite Caste: Military, hey I just love waging wars....

Favourite weapon: OTS Missiles....BOMB em AWAY!!!!

Dark Greetz

VampireLord

quote:

Originally posted by q_dragon:

I bet once 3 days pass and my officer's AI are at 100%, the RANDOM will be my best friend...I can even afford one now! (if you could buy them yet)

You'll be lucky if your officers AI's are in 40% in three days. It takes much, much longer to reach 100% (if ever )