SC -- A sincere thank you

rjy01

Supreme Commander:

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for making my life a bit more endurable this week.

Monday morning, I woke with a very painful, very swollen right side of my face. I looked similar to Tim Roth in Planet of the Apes. I figured it was a bad allergy attack or reaction, so I went to work and called the doctor to see if he had any cancellations that morning. He scheduled me for 10:45am. I figured I would get a quick prescription and go back to work. I even left my computer on at the office.

Well, the doctor took one look at me and immediately admitted me to the hospital. He said that I had a severe infection and he was worried it could possibly spread to my brain since it had appeared so quickly! Sure enough, the remainder of my face soon swelled and the pain kept getting worse -- it felt as if someone had stuck barbed crayons up my nostrils.

So I was stuck in the hospital. But I quickly discovered all was not so low and depressing. My loving wife brought me my laptap on which I had downloaded the free version of BC3K some time ago. A newbie to Battlecruiser galaxy, I had yet to even install it since spare time has not been plentiful for me lately. (Nevertheless, the promise of BC3K had picqued my interest enough to make me preorder BCM last month.) After some false starts which I fixed by reading the troubleshooting FAQs and browsing the forum, I got the game running and haven't stopped playing except for when the doctor and nurses have made me. Bloodwork, tests, IV, repeat.

Well, 3 days later, 7 IVs of antibiotics, and many, many pain pills (Vicodin -- injected morphine didn't even touch the pain!) and many hours of BC3K, my swelling is finally going down and I MAY be going home tomorrow. The doctor still has to check my white cell count in the morning.

SC, delving into the BC3K universe this week made the pain and discomfort bearable for me, and I wanted to sincerely thank you for creating such a great game. If BC3K is any indication, I think BCM is going to spectacular! Take care!

Good to hear that BC3000 made your hospital stay bearable, lord knows how I hate it when I even have to get a physical!!

Good Luck to you and so glad that you enjoyed bc3k, now, on BCM, that's another story all together. you thought BC3K was good!!!

Well, when you get into it, consider joining prime, specifically Delta wing!! We'd be glad to have you!!

Get well and take care!!

Regards,

I went to the doctors recently

Never got my laptop though

Piece of glass cut through the back of my neck all the way down to the spine (no permanent injuries except a scar....) I'm a lucky man.

Thanx for the game SC

Dunno what i'd have choosen for a career with out it.

I'm going to be a programer

Welcome aboard Masefield. If you've got any questions about the extensive universe of BC, ask me. And please check my (WIP) Newbie Info Page, if you need any info on the Fleet system and whatnot. That is, if you're going to get BCM and play on Multiplayer.... Or at least RP a bit.

Like I said, if you've got any questions, contact me. [email protected]

Get well soon, and get playing BCM!

I'll see you later.

Many thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I was discharged this morning!

I almost threw up in the car on the way home (I think my equilibrium is screwed up from the swelling), but I made it. I collapsed into a deep sleep for a few hours after hitting the bed (why aren't you actually allowed to rest at a hospital?), but I'm up and around now.

My wife is out getting my prescriptions filled. More Vicodin & antibiotics. Subsequently, the doctor substantially limited my activities for the next few days, but he said I can still play BC3K to my heart's content. No driving cars for a few days, but I guess it's okay to command a BC under the influence! Just watch the planetfalls, right?