Music Suggestions

Vandal

Well this is my first post to this board so I'd thought I make a nice...safe statement, like Music, nothing controversial there right? Anyway, my actual suggestion for Music in BCM if you do get tired of the 4 songs (hope there's more in the full thing!), would be to stick some Robert Miles trance mp3s in the music folder and let the sweet sounds carry you out into space. Basically you can't go wrong with Trance and epic space sims, at least that's my point of view. Kudos to the SC for allowing people to customize their music selection so easily.

Cheers,

Vandal

Welcome Vandal, you have now entered the mystical world of BC forum! I'm no classical punk, but when it comes to BC and music, I'll have to disagree(with trance)!! In the first demo, I threw on some Dvorak, Motzart and Beethoven.......IT BLEW ME AWAY!! I 100% recommend every one into BC to try this out!!

EDIT: BTW, been a muso and all, the music in BC doesnÔÇÖt impress me very much! Actually I hate it, so I turn it of and listen to 'Janes Addiction'

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: Rosko ]

Hmm this is strange? Where's Cmdr Nova?

I would rather have music from the Vietnam War (like Paint it black from Rolling Stone) and other war music from that era. Why you may ask? I don't know but probably because I grew up watching NAM Tour of Duties, Hamburger Hill etc.

*Edit because Fendi was an idiot who did not comprehended the post

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: Fendi ]

Put in the Mozart Piano Concerto Techno Remix from Kazaa, that gets you moving.

My fav's so far are Gigi D Austino - I'll Fly Away, Incubus - Stellar, Steppenwolf -Magic Carpet Ride, and several techno songs.

Uh oh, better bring out the newbie welcome wagon...

EDIT: Oh, and this is my 300th post! W00t!

Yes, tis true I have traversed 300 posts on this notable discussion board.

FYI, I think my tradition is to say that only on a milestone post and nowhere else.

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: Urza ]

The full version has some KILLER music in it, if I remember correctly there are around 10 in the rotation. There are 4 or 5 that I REALLY like, they really feel good in the game!!

Hi Vandal,

First off welcome! As Cmdr. Jamont has stated there are more songs than have been released in the demo,all of them are excellent. If you have not read the FAQ please do so as you will find a section on adding MP3'S to the BCM sound folders. There is a free download that you can use to convert audio CD's to MP3's that I found quite useful for this purpose. You can find this download at MusicMatch Jukebox

All of the music in BCM is good IMO.

If ye doesn't like it, then put your own mp3 music score in the (BCM install directory)soundfxmusic folder and enjoy DeD implementation to your fav jams

I used a combination of Pink Floyd, Metallica, AC/DC, and other jammin' jams to enhance my BCM enjoyment

TTFN

Hey, for the ultimate in space epic, we could get the soundtrack from Kubrick's 2001... we could all shut off the soundeffects too...

That would be funny.

Then we could get some huge space baby image to replace a planet.

quote:

Hey, for the ultimate in space epic, we could get the soundtrack from Kubrick's 2001... we could all shut off the soundeffects too...

That would be funny.

Then we could get some huge space baby image to replace a planet.

You read my mind.....lol........watch out for stray monoliths though!! hehe

BTW, I put on some 'weather report' the other day......that went hand in hand with BC:M(demo 1)

quote:

Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries"!

Actually I forgot about that one, I think that's the only one of Wagner's songs that I have on my hard drive too, although I am loaded with Mozart, Bach, and Beethoven.

heh I loaded up with some of my fav songs:

Techno:

Astral Projection- Ambient Galaxy, Trance Dance,

Tryptomine Dream

Dune- Million Miles From Home, Lost In Space

Anime:

Any Trigun trak

Noir OST- Trak 4- Canta Per Me, Trak 11- Melodie

FFVII- One Winged Angel(Septhiroth, final battle)

Other:

Powerman 5000- When Worlds Collide (pull up this for RANDOM launches. )

Ramstien- Engel

Enigma- Gravity of Love

I used this bunch basicly for all my FPSs (And a odd bunch it is.. hehhe )

Heh. Oh yes, the Newbie Welcome Wagon's here. Took long enough.

I have a life, you know... Really!

quote:

Well this is my first post to this board so I'd thought I make a nice...safe statement, like Music, nothing controversial there right?

NO! You deserved to be banned for this! Just kidding!

Welcome aboard. E-Mail Me, if you've got any questions on the game's universe and our Online community. Also, please see my Newbie Info Page, if you need some reference on Fleets and stuff. I've also got a few downloads there. Be sure to check that out.

Anyway..... Techno? Heh. I've been listening to Rock and other stuff. (I'm an american teen, what did you expect?)

I've had some MP3's already in the BCM E2 Demo. Let's see... Limp Bizkit (Mission Impossible 2 Theme), some Linkin Park tracks (Crawling, Forgotten, In The End), Creed, Metallica, Nelly, P. Diddy, and the Japanese Outlaw Star theme.

A nice hard guitar-based song pumps me up during a battle.

Easy on the color Nova

TTFN

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

Hello. Sorry I haven't been around in a while, but I've been kind of busy lately

I had an idea for music. Does anyone remember the LucasArts space combat games, or origin's Wing Commander? In those, the music changed to match the scenario.

For example, you could play a variation of the "galcom" anthem (or whatever) in your friendly space, fast-paced battle music in a battle, and creepy "searching" music while behind enemy lines. And have "bad" battle music if your ship is heavily damaged in a battle. I wish I could give an example of these...

I understand that The Game's code is not designed for this sort of thing, but it sounded like a good idea when I thought of it.

quote:

I understand that The Game's code is not designed for this sort of thing, but it sounded like a good idea when I thought of it.

A good idea but will not happen so dont hold your breath. But then again, ye never know ...

TTFN

One thing that i would think would be a good addition/patch is more in-game control for the music.

not just the Prev. Next trak buttons.

custom playlists for example. you could have all your fav BCM traks in on list and your other favs in another.

I mean a State-Of-The-Art Battlecruiser should have a hot stereo.

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: Jigoku San ]