First Sightings of BCM at EB

Jordan_UVP

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine this, I'm at EB, and I'm buying Wizardry 8. I happen to mention I can't wait until BCM comes out. The manager, a guy I see aLOT, as you gamers can imagine, mentions he got his free copy and doesn't really intend to play it and GIVES it to me for FREE.

Now, it's only one CD, so I don't know if it's even the full game or not. I installed it, but haven't played it yet, it's sort of intimidating to the uninitiated. I haven't had the time to really devote to it as my kids have been here all weekend, but I intend to fire it up tonight.

quote:

Originally posted by Lonestar:

Imagine this, I'm at EB, and I'm buying Wizardry 8. I happen to mention I can't wait until BCM comes out. The manager, a guy I see aLOT, as you gamers can imagine, mentions he got his free copy and doesn't really intend to play it and GIVES it to me for FREE.

Now, it's only one CD, so I don't know if it's even the full game or not. I installed it, but haven't played it yet, it's sort of intimidating to the uninitiated. I haven't had the time to really devote to it as my kids have been here all weekend, but I intend to fire it up tonight.

Which EB was that?

Does the CDROM have the game logo printed on it?

Did he give you the manual and keyboard sheet along with the CDROM?

Anyway just checked my tracking info, mine is on route as of 30 minutes ago, from PA. So it should arrive in Mobile in 2 hours, and at my house around lunch tommorow. If I estimate correctly.

quote:

Originally posted by JJ:

i checked my trackin bu i as confused on how to read it, could somebody please leaborate, PLEASE!

If you go onto your EB account, it should say shipped on the side and a closed box moving. Then click on your order number which is in blue. It will then give you more details. At the bottom of that screen, it should say your UPS tracking number. Click ont hat number, and you will go to the UPS page. Then it will say your tracking number and if you scroll down on that page, it will say track. Click on that, and it will give you shipping date, expected arrival time, method of shippin, etc. THere is alos a detail button taht tells you exactly where your copy is. Mine, fro example, as of 6:04 this morning, is in my mail distribution center and will laev with this morning's shippment and will be at my house by this afternoon. You can chekc and see where yours is too. Good luuck!

Hey guys haven't logged in for a long time anyway just wanted to contribute to the occurence mentioned above. The EBWorld store in Cary NC had the shrinkwrapped copy of BCM with the manual and the guy tried to give it to me free. Apparently he couldn't find BCM in the computer and then I see the instruction manual on the counter and say "Its this game, how can you NOT find it in your computer" he turns to me and says "Oh thats a free copy you want it?" After reading SC post I'm glad I said no because all it had was instruction manual and CD. I want the box and everything plus I hate to see anyone work there ass off and not get credit for it. So Im glad i made the right decision and I am excited about getting the game today.

MidnightGreen out

It was a mall in Houston, TX. It was the shrinkwrapped instruction manual along with the card and CD with the logo on it.

I guess I'll just give it back to the guy today. I hadn't planned on logging onto any mp servers, but not being able to patch it isn't an attractive prospect.

Also, I thought that EB had BOUGHT the copies for their managers as a perq. I wouldn't want to deprive you of your rightful profit.

Thanks Midnight. Good call.

Yes, the marketing units are the shrink wrapped version and don't come in a box. The serial number is also a different set. What the managers are doing is similar to giving away an instore display unit for example, an XBox.

Also, the EULA (in the inside back cover), clearly states that the license is NOT transferable unless purchased. The two people with the free copies, MUST return them to the store managers. Tell them thanks, explain the situation and buy a copy. ALL the EB stores should have the game in today.

If those two people don't return those copies (especially now that I've told EB execs about it and who are now sending out a store wide memo about it), then they are illegal copies.

Death and Lonestar, please comply with the above and when you buy your own copies, go ahead and register it so that I know you've actually bought them.

That is all.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Lonestar:

It was a mall in Houston, TX. It was the shrinkwrapped instruction manual along with the card and CD with the logo on it.

I guess I'll just give it back to the guy today. I hadn't planned on logging onto any mp servers, but not being able to patch it isn't an attractive prospect.

Also, I thought that EB had BOUGHT the copies for their managers as a perq. I wouldn't want to deprive you of your rightful profit.

They are marketing units which is why they were bought at cost. I don't make a penny on them.

Thanks for returning it.

I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!! WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My woman picked it up and is home with it I'm leaving for home right now....

Also your welcome SC couldn't screw you over man too much respect for ya. Will register to prove I got it...although I'm too anxious to do so now but it WILL be registered

See you guys later I gotta PLAY

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: MidnightGreen ]

I GOT MINE! I GOT MINE! I GOT MINE! I GOT MINE! I GOT MINE! I GOT MINE! I GOT MINE! I GOT MINE! I GOT MINE! I GOT MINE! I GOT MINE! I GOT MINE! I GOT MINE! I GOT MINE! I GOT MINE!I GOT MINE!I GOT MINE!I GOT MINE!I GOT MINE!I GOT MINE!I GOT MINE!I GOT MINE!I GOT MINE!I GOT MINE!I GOT MINE!I GOT MINE!I GOT MINE!I GOT MINE!

This is sooo unfair. I haven't received an e-mail from Jen yet. You guys in the US have all the luck. We (foreigners) have to wait for a few more days yet before our copy arrives.

Oh, oh, and see this, if you haven't already! (Found it while looking for a local EB.

Mail In-Rebate Offer

Start: June 25, 2001

End: December 30, 2001

Value: $10.00

Mail In Rebate Form

$10.00 rebate will be sent in the form of

an EB Gift Check, which may be used at

one of our local Electronic Boutique stores.

Don't know about any other limitations to this rebate, but if I can snag the game today, I'm in for it.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Sweet! Nice job, Nova; I wish I could send you some money or somet'n.

Well, that rebate brings the grand total cost to me for BCM to...$30 plus tax!

That $10 EB cash'll help defray the cost of all the higher-end games I'm gonna be buying once I get my new comp. But, I dunno...I might be too wrapped up in BCM to care.

Now I just gotta wait 'til my dad gets home so I can get a ride to EB... (Yar! Not having a car sucks! )

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

Has anybody who ordered on BMTMicro got confirmation of shipping yet?

I'm dying here is it to late to upgrade to air mail? I can't wait.

Going to send mail to BMT to request air mail back soon

They are shipping all the units to the Beta testers first. Then international. If you haven't received confirmation - they haven't got to you yet. Be patient.