First Sightings of BCM at EB

Jordan_UVP

Got some cash (hopefully enough, if you count tax), ready to grab The Game. (I didn't get an answer if I could buy it off the shelf, so I'm assuming it's yes. Either way, I'm on my way out for some errands, and I'm heading over to EB as well! If it's not there, then it's not there. I'm (probably) patient enough to handle it...... Probably....)

OOooohhh! The excitement is killin' me!

And you guys are welcome about the Rebate. Spread the word!

----------

Newbie Welcome Wagon, moving to heavy assult mode...... Preparing for incoming.....

And here it comes!!.. Yes! Targets locked.

Let's rock and roll!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I got it. Here's the thing though. I open the box and out comes the manual, disk and keyboard sheet but no big map and the whole thing is not shrink wrapped. Thinking that it's some kind of mix up I go back to the store and tell them "Where is my map?, and the thing is not shrink wrapped like it's supposed to be." so we open up another box and there is no map and it's also not shrink wrapped. How's that?

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Ok, I got it. Here's the thing though. I open the box and out comes the manual, disk and keyboard sheet but no big map and the whole thing is not shrink wrapped. Thinking that it's some kind of mix up I go back to the store and tell them "Where is my map?, and the thing is not shrink wrapped like it's supposed to be." so we open up another box and there is no map and it's also not shrink wrapped. How's that?

Thats how some units are (loose) in the box. The box is wafer sealed and does not need a shrink wrap.

There is NO big map in the box. That map is given only if you had pre-ordered ONLINE and within the alloted time. SOME stores may also have the map. After ALL these months, WHICH part of this information was unclear to you? The ONLY map in the box on the back of the keyboard template.

Thanks for opening a unit that now can't be sold.

You are officially in my bad books.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Hey SC, I opened it very carefully, only the small round sticky tab on the top of the box. Nothing else was opened damaged or bend in any way shape or form. Hey, after hearing some of the newbies getting store versions I wanted to make sure that I wasn't. So I was trying to be helpfull. Sorry. Really am.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Hey SC, I opened it very carefully, only the small round sticky tab on the top of the box. Nothing else was opened damaged or bend in any way shape or form. Hey, after hearing some of the newbies getting store versions I wanted to make sure that I wasn't. So I was trying to be helpfull. Sorry. Really am.

You were trying to be helpful? By opening two units looking for a NON EXISTENT wall map?

QUIT while you're ahead. And I DO mean that.

Ok, I realize I messed up. All I can say is it was a really inocent mistake. Sorry. I am going to convince some of my friends to buy the game, hope that this will make it up somehow.

quote:

They are shipping all the units to the Beta testers first. Then international. If you haven't received confirmation - they haven't got to you yet. Be patient.

I have received an email from Jen at BMT. My copy is shipping today by airmail (yippee!).

Strange thing, though: in the email it said that the original order date was the 20th of September. I sent my mail order on the 5th of November. Should I be concerned, or was she referring to something else?

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Menchise ]

quote:

Originally posted by Menchise:

I have received an email from Jen at BMT. My copy is shipping today by airmail (yippee!).

Strange thing, though: in the email it said that the original order date was the 20th of September. I sent my mail order on the 5th of November. Should I be concerned, or was she referring to something else?

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Menchise ]

Better take it up with them real quick.

Alton, Illinois; reporting as stocked. (Alton is like 10 miles from where I'm at in Missouri.)

Got the game. They had like 5 boxes on the shelf. Heh, it was hard to find, especially when 2 whole rows of the game shelves had The Sims: Hot Date. And that X-Box demo looked pretty cool...... But I've got the game now.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

I GOT IT!!! YES!!!

I have the FULL boxed version sitting right next to me!! Hurray for my side. Was getting WAY jealous, all these newbies playing and I get to twiddle my thumbs!! ARGH!!!

But NOT ANYMORE!!!

I recieved mine today at about 10:25 am. Got home late because I hade to stop and buy a new Dolby reciever as my wife kindly blew ours up. After hours of getting all the new optical and digital coax cabling done, and configuring the reciever so it all would work, I opened the package.

Kinda funny, it was shipped UPS next day air in a FEDEX box. Opening it, I find that there were 2 pieces of bubble wrap on one side of the box, none on the other- no matter, just interesting packing. Pulled the contents out of the box: Boxed game, sealed galaxy map and reciept. Kewl. Game box is not shrink wrapped (didn't expect it to be) but there is only one wafer seal on the box- on the bottom of the box. The top flap is not sealed at all. Anyone could just open them and walk off with the contents- hope the store versions all have both seals.

Other than that, which again is no skin off my nose, the game packaging, manual, CD and MAP are all very high quality. GREAT STUFF!!

Thanks Derek for doing it the right way! You might want to have a talk with the people who assembled the packaging, though...

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGEEGEGEGGEGEGGEGEGEGEGGEE

U cannot belevie the pain i am going though

AGGARGARGARGARGAGAGR

u all getting BCM

And me haveing to imaging e2 is BCM,,,,

AGRRGAERGAERGAERGAERARGARRGAGR

AEGRGRGARGARGARGARGARGARGARGARG

AGRRGRGARGARGARGAGRGAGRGARGARGARG

*Ripping at self*

ARARGAREGAGRGAREGAEGRARGRGRARGGRAGRAG

Ps: when will online orders arrive in canada???

quote:

Better take it up with them real quick.

I just got the reply I was waiting for: everything is alright. Jen was using a canned message for the email notices. I guess typing the same thing hundreds of times a week gets annoying.

So, if all goes well, I'll have BCM in my hands within the next two days. Yippee! *insert dancing smilies here*

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Menchise ]