North America release

b_nemeth

quote:

Originally posted by SmileyMan:

BMT sent me a mail that they received the units this morning and are processing orders at the moment

How long will it take to get across the pond? Argh! I can't wait!

They lied. The received the units yesterday and confirmed it with me on the phone (after I confirmed with the shipper by checking the tracking info).

quote:

Originally posted by Luc:

well, I hope that won't be the case with my copy SC.

I hope you haven't forgotten about me.

Luc, your complimentary copy was sent via DHL last Thurs I think. Directly from the fullfilment center.

Joel's complimentary copy was sent via 2-day FEDEX as well.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Yes.

1. They're not supposed to do that. Those units are for marketing purposes only and I gave them to EB at cost. All 800 of them. If every manager gave away their free copy, those are copies I could've sold. I NEVER wanted to even do that because I suspected that (a) it was just money WASTED since EB managers don't ****ing play

games, as far as I know - especially not BCM (
B)
I didn't see the merits in doing it. But, my EB partners insisted, citing all manner of marketing rhetoric. So, I conceded and had 800 extra units shipped to them specifically for the stores. Now this. *sigh* Do you know how much money 800 unit is? Sure, its a marketing expense, but (a) thats not my responsiblity (
B)
its not like I can afford to lose a *single* dime on the product.

2. That copy will probably not authenticate on mp servers. In fact, I'd be very surprised if you can patch it at all (I'm not stupid) since I know the entire range of serial numbers on those units (for tracking purposes).

I suggest that you get your butt back over there, give him his copy back, tell him thank you and buy your own.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Ok I will pick up a copy of my own next time I am at the mall, I didn't mean to cause any problems.

A note: I the game did kick me out to the windows desktop 3times last night during 4hours of game play.

My system:

Athlon 600

256meg ram

Windows 2000 (with current service pack)

sound blaster live

PNY geforce mx400 64meg

On crashing I did have a dialog box saying "BCM.exe cause an error". Just an FYI

Mine gave me no problems at all except graphical glitches. Of course, I'm at MINIMUM specs, so I expected it to have some quirks.

I have to say the music is beautiful. I really liked it.

The major problem I had was that I am a TOTAL newbie to BC and just SUCKED at it. It was like Gilligan trying to take over for Picard.

quote:

Originally posted by Death:

Ok I will pick up a copy of my own next time I am at the mall, I didn't mean to cause any problems.

A note: I the game did kick me out to the windows desktop 3times last night during 4hours of game play.

My system:

Athlon 600

256meg ram

Windows 2000 (with current service pack)

sound blaster live

PNY geforce mx400 64meg

On crashing I did have a dialog box saying "BCM.exe cause an error". Just an FYI

You didn't cause any problems. So, no worries

As for your problem. Dunno. Go post in the tech support forum once you've bought your own copy and registered it. But just looking at your setup, it could be anything from hardware right down to drivers.

quote:

Originally posted by Star99:

First time newbie post here (many time lurker). Fedex just dropped off a beautiful package containing BCM. Boy does it look great !

Now I have to wait for tonight to give it a try.

Ed

(Thanks SC for all your hard work!)

If you open the box, you should see the quality of the materials and why I was so vehement in my soapbox article about production delays. For example, just think, that color map you see on the keyboard sheet, would've been in Grey scale at the center of the manual etc.

quote:

Seems EB over-nighted mine at no extra cost

ME TOOO!!!!

Actually, this is the second thing I've ordered standard shipping on, that they've overnighted. Receipt even shows that I only paid standard.

Welp...have to say, you all aren't going to see me much for a while (till that MP patch is ready)...I'll be taking over the SP galaxy...

Got mine,

I have to say Derek, it all paid off, everything looks very sleek and just plain awesome, especially the keyboard sheet, the color map takes the cake! (and the bonus map is hella cool too) The waiting was worth it, thanks for bringing the gamers a great game.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Korono Lakeela ]

quote:

Originally posted by Korono Lakeela:

Got mine,

I have to say Derek, it all paid off, everything looks very sleek and just plain awesome, especially the keyboard sheet, the color map takes the cake! (and the bonus map is hella cool too) The waiting was worth it, thanks for bringing the gamers a great game.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Korono Lakeela ]

No problem. uhm, can you post this in the impressions thread I just created please?