Power level in Fighter Craft...

Fractux

I'm roaming around in a L-FIGHTER, and one thing that bugs me is that I can't check what my charge level is, except when docking with a station.

Now is there a way to check this in flight that I'm not aware of?

Also, someimtes it seems the station [friendly] recharges my craft after 5minutes, and sometimes my craft doesn't seem to get recharged. What's up with that?

Cheers!

Fractux wrote:

quote:

Also, someimtes it seems the station [friendly] recharges my craft after 5minutes, and sometimes my craft doesn't seem to get recharged. What's up with that?

Not sure if stations work the same way as the CC, but a number of things can affect whether a returning FC is re-armed and recharged after docking. Assuming there is no damage to the FC (which is dealt with the the Systems Engineers first), the Flight Officer must be on-station for Flight Engineers to be automatically assigned to ready the FC. Also, the necessary charging system must be on line, etc. If the FO is not on-station (or maybe too stupid to do his job yet), then you can manually assign up to two Flight Engineers per craft through the Tactical computer.

Hope this helps...

I think you may have misunderstood the context I'm speaking about.

I'm talking about a carrer as a fighter pilot, not as a BC commander flying a fighter.

So I can only dock at stations, since I'm not affiliated with any BC. In station, I have to reload my missiles manually.

But there is no place to say "charge my craft" or assign anyone to it since there is no other crew but myself and no way to assign anyone to anything.

Cheers!

I understand, but since I haven't tried a pilot career yet I was now sure whether you had access to the Logistics computer while docked at a station. On the commander career you can access the logistics operations, and use the station's parts, etc. (at least, if you and the station are both GALCOM), while docked.

Could teh delay you're experiencing have to do with re-arming or repairing the craft? What about the health/status of the station?

As far as my damage goes, so far I've come out of all my engagements without a scratch. The only damage I have is my TAC comp because i hit the A key by accident while on planet I smaked into the ground. I'll go an repair that and see what the readouts are.

For stations, they were all at 100% operation, no damage.

I think it may even be a visual bug, actually. Because if i launch at 70%power [according to the station] and dock right away, my power is back up to 100%.

Now, what I can't say for sure is if I'm getting charged up right away the second time I dock, or before I left the first time.... I guess the SC would have to answer this one, but I think it's logical to assume I'm getting charged up when I leave.

Anywho, it'd still be nice to be able to see pwr levels in flight.

Cheers!

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Fractux ]

quote:

Originally posted by Fractux:

I think you may have misunderstood the context I'm speaking about.

I'm talking about a carrer as a fighter pilot, not as a BC commander flying a fighter.

So I can only dock at stations, since I'm not affiliated with any BC. In station, I have to reload my missiles manually.

But there is no place to say "charge my craft" or assign anyone to it since there is no other crew but myself and no way to assign anyone to anything.

Cheers!

Hitting the repair button from the Logistix screen will re-power your craft and repair it.