I must be mad, MAD I TELL YOU!!!

StarShadow

I buy a fantastic simulator for 49.95 then I go out and buy a new system to run it! Something tells me I'm doing it backwards. With:

XP 1900 CPU

Windows XP Pro

256 pc2100 DDR ram

Sound Blaster Live Dolby

Gforce 3 64meg Video

MSI K7T266 Pro 2 Motherboard

Fast cable connection

You all just better watch out or I'll be going so fast past you and smack into a planet because I'm not used to such speed!

quote:

Originally posted by StarShadow:

Stuck with the sound card, will get more RAM

Just grab another 256mb and you'll be set (which reminds me... I need to stop by CompUSA and do the same for this computer ). As for the sound card, it's no big deal. When you have $100 lying around buy an Audigy Gamer. That's what I use in my other computer and it's good enough that I'm thinking about moving it to this one.

EDIT: You'll also want to register your copy of BCM if you haven't already. And get a system profile link in your sig. Check out this post for some more information.

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Simparadox ]

quote:

Originally posted by Gallion:

More RAM and get a different sound card. SBLive is a PoS in my experience.

TTFN

I agree. I picked up a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card last week to replace my SB Live and have been totally impressed with it. I used to buy Creative products since they seemed to be the industry standard, however I have learned through experience that their drivers are about as flaky as ATI's and updated as frequently. The Santa Cruz performs better, and sounds a hell of a lot better. (ughh, can't spell tonight edit number 4)

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: Mythandril ]

Delete the extra edited by messages. No one wants to know you edited the post four times.

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

Yeah, I'm never buying another CL card if my life depended on it. In fact, they sent me some Audigy samples and I have them on a shelf collecting dust.

I have several SBlive versions here and a three Santa Cruz cards. When in doubt, go with the SC card.

quote:

Originally posted by XenoZohar:

The SC recommends SC cards...

Are the Santa Cruz cards generally cheaper than Creative cards? I'm slowly purchasing parts for my new custom job and would love to shave off a few bucks without a drop in sound quality...

aw, that was too easy you cheat.

Yeah, the Santa Cruz cards a fairly cheap. In fact, the Audigy Gamer is priced to compete with it, at about $100. Go with the Santa Cruz unless you have a death wish.

So you think you are mad huh?

I can relate, as my wife thought I lost it loooong ago. Must have something to do with the BC Syndrome.

And yes, I to got a new system that I had to pull teeth to get.

Enjoy that box, and must say myself, computing with 512mb of ram is a dream.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Yeah, I'm never buying another CL card if my life depended on it. In fact, they sent me some Audigy samples and I have them on a shelf collecting dust.

I have several SBlive versions here and a three Santa Cruz cards. When in doubt, go with the SC card.

Well, I've never actually owned a Santa Cruz card, although a few friends of mine do and they swear by them. But still, you might want to at least give one of the Audigy cards a shot. The sound quality is great and miles above the Live! cards. I have an Audigy Gamer in my "work" machine and I need to upgrade the sound card in this one... it's definetly good enough that I figured I'd buy another Audigy without giving it a second thought.

Your not the only one that feels a little mad my friend I just did the same thing. My home system was going on 5 years, I'm not sure it would even play pong anymore !! Anyway I bought BCM and fired it on my wifes machine (laptop) and immediately got addicted. I think she then got worried about my new propensity for late night profanity and was afraid i'd heave her laptop out the window if BCM kicked me out of anymore games as a result of a sub par video setup.

As of yesterday I just ordered a new system from Dell.. (business expense of course.. ahem). So your not the only member of this club. Here's hoping it arrives before xmas:

P4 1.7 GHZ

512 MB PC800 RDRAM

G3 Ti 200

19" Monitor

TB SC sound card etc..etc.

Hey SC are you getting some kind of kickback from all these hardware guys? BCM seems to inspire upgrades galore. Hell, They should at least send you some Christmas cards??

Hi, I'm mad

Here it has been St.Nicholas day, basically like christmas without the tree, but loads of presents, christmas is coming up, my birthday is coming up, 3 days after that (the 28th hehe) and I got BCM. But, my computer is getting old, and since I have no friends(in real life) and family, no job (can't have one, government declared me unfit to work since birth for life) which means I won't get any big systems this year. So, I'm mad at you all for buying these systems

My point? Don't know, but one day I'll play BCM like it's meant to be, it's what I live for

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag