I saw a vision!

uss7voyager

(forgive spelling mistakes in advance if any)

Lady's and Gentlemen; I have had a vision. A vision in which I nearly jumped out of my seat in excitement. I was readng a few post about traders ect.. being attacked nd what not, and one person said "In MP why not hire somebody to protect you?" and then after that there was a whole bunch of offers ect...and talk about police keeping the space lanes free ect.....

Well what my point is, and which Im sure most of you already know this.. Multiplay is going to be awesome!!! I mean think about it, hyperspaceing in to the earth system with 70-80 ships going about there business, or wanting to mine from Mars, you jump in and there is a whole war going on, your at the front lines..police ships jumping in from all sectors, super cruiser after super crusier comeing in as you take your trade ship dogging on comming fire, lasers whisping towars you...it all reminds me of Star Trek and Babylon 5 ect.......

My bottom point is THIS IS GONNA BE SWEET...

like I said most of you guys already know that..but it just hit me and I had to write this down...

Not to kill your fun guys, but for some reason I am not very extatic about BCM multiplayer. What I really am waiting for is BCO. Now THAT, will rule, I am even thinking of getting cable when it comes out.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

When MP cometh, the Redshirts will goeth.

They will goeth...
DeD

I wonder how many people will cringe when they hear... "There's something out there."

Yeah, also, when you play SP and hear that then you know it's usually one, maybe two ships. In MP, it might be a huge fleet going to attack some system.

oh no, red shirts (newbies) goin down? I dont think so, I been train hard and I think I am gonna do pertty goo--*Sees fleet comming into range* "Helm set course for earth maximum speeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!" multiplayer; exposing what the universe will really be like in a 1000 years or so...

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

When MP cometh, the Redshirts will goeth.

They will goeth...
DeD

I wonder how many people will cringe when they hear... "There's something out there."

What ever happened to Galcom being the relative good guys?

Oh yes, I can see BCM multiplayer, but I don't like what I see . . .

Wolferz, you are MY redshirt.

In Prime, we call them Expendable Tactical Assets.

Oh I'll do my best to bring you home in one piece, but if Beta's 1st Squadron is all that stands between Galcom HQ and the Gammulan Diplomatic fleet, I will not hesitate to order you between a rock and a hard place.

For the record. Prime is committed to keeping the spacelanes clear of scum and villainy. We will assist police and local militaries where appropriate to save the bacon of the LRT-10 just doing a days work. Be warned though. If we find contraband on that LRT-10, you'll be thrown in jail faster than you can say "but officer!"

Any indie's wishing to use Prime fleet stations (That's GalcomHQ, Genesis, Starpath, and Velari)as launch points in Multiplayer on a full time bases (ie make it your home port) can send me an e-mail [email protected] and I'll send you a ship registration form. Also, Prime is putting together several storefront sections on our website. Anyone interested in renting an office (it'll be a link to your site) send Remo Williams an email [email protected] The offices are open to law-abiding individuals and corporations and are opening soon.

Here are screenshots of the office complexes. Right now they are bmp, so they're big, but once they're in flash, they should drop to less than 100k.

Genesis Water-Garden office complex

Starpath "Starlight Tower" Office Complex

Velari "Crystalview Walk" Office Complex

Note: Images may differ slightly from final flashed image, as I'm still tweaking them. Galcom HQ's office complex is under construction and should be ready some time in the new year.

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: Badgerius ]

Ok all sounds truly wonderful, myself I prefer single player. Us 8am to 5pm workers are too knackered to have enough time for online playing never mind single.

But what with the extensive universe as it is, and the shear horse power it needs to run it in its present state, how on earth will it cope with all these ships flirting about everywhere. What’s going to be cut, surely something has to give for MP to work.

But what ?

quote:

Originally posted by ooJAYoo:

Ok all sounds truly wonderful, myself I prefer single player. Us 8am to 5pm workers are too knackered to have enough time for online playing never mind single.

But what with the extensive universe as it is, and the shear horse power it needs to run it in its present state, how on earth will it cope with all these ships flirting about everywhere. What’s going to be cut, surely something has to give for MP to work.

But what ?

much of the AI will be handled by the server. The rest will be handled by psychotic players all over the world bent on your destruction. Thus feeing up resources on your system for rendering.

quote:

Originally posted by Schmendrick:

much of the AI will be handled by the server. The rest will be handled by psychotic players all over the world bent on your destruction. Thus feeing up resources on your system for rendering.

Hmmm, once people online start playing Droidans, you'll have the possibly unique experience of playing against human beings pretending to be AI lifeforms.......