Is my Ship name taken?

Guest [PCA]Pheonix

Actually, I believe it is xCV, which would stand for

(GalCom/Insurgent/EarthCom/Undesignated) Command Vessel

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Phantom:

My ship is the UCV-Enterprise. Stormcarrier class. Will my ship be added to that big list?

First off, an Indie (UCV guy) can't have a Stormcarrier. Only the Gammulan Military is allowed that. You're limited to cruisers (or less); see the asset choices page for help and info on what classes you can select. It all depends on your caste. (i.e. Mercenary, Assassin, Trader, etc.)

Finally, there already is a ship named the Enterprise. (See here.)

Once you register in the Fleet DB, your name is instantly put on the list. That's how the list became in the first place; another great job of Tin.

And if you're registering as an Indie, then head to the Indie Forum (Misc. Race/Caste Forum) at the bottom of the list, and post in the thread about the registration. On registration, you cannot select your ship type. You'll have to post it on that forum in that thread, to have an admin make the selection for you.

Choose wisely.

Oh crap...

Um, I have to ask, is a Warmonger a good ship for a Merc? I haven't tried it out in the game yet (finals week and all), and won't until tomorrow night or Saturday... I hope I'm not stuck with that one. "Stuck" as in I forgot to include the ship I wanted when I posted in the Indie forum registration post.

Thanks and sorry if this is too off topic...

Edit: What the heck? I can't even call up my profile anymore...someone working on the Fleet DB or something?

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: XenoZohar ]

quote:

Originally posted by XenoZohar:

[QB]Oh crap...

Um, I have to ask, is a Warmonger a good ship for a Merc? I haven't tried it out in the game yet (finals week and all), and won't until tomorrow night or Saturday... I hope I'm not stuck with that one. "Stuck" as in I forgot to include the ship I wanted when I posted in the Indie forum registration post.

Thanks and sorry if this is too off topic...

Edit: What the heck? I can't even call up my profile anymore...someone working on the Fleet DB or something?
[QB]

Your ship assignment can be changed but until MP starts up it's rather moot either way. As to your profile being missing, look here. The SC has removed all UCV registrations as the database is restructured.

The immortal words from Ursa Minor Beta DON'T PANIC seem appropriate.

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

The immortal words from Ursa Minor Beta
DON'T PANIC
seem appropriate.

Heh, I'm in High School, and I don't have finals until 2nd week of January!!! So pbbttttt, to you!

j/k!

Good luck there, XenoZohar. You just might need it.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]