Improving the Marine Campaign

Hunted

It seems to me the only way that if you wanna lead your Ground troops into battle is by doign a cmdr career and beaming down with them. Now an idea, (not for the next patch is to give the Marine Career a Planetary C&C type deal

THIS IS NOT TO BECOME A WISHLSIT THREAD BUT TO SIMPLY DISCUSS THE WAYS TO IMRPOVE THE MARINE CAMPAIGN

love to sc's thoughts on this

quote:

Originally posted by JJ:

It seems to me the only way that if you wanna lead your Ground troops into battle is by doign a cmdr career and beaming down with them. Now an idea, (not for the next patch is to give the Marine Career a Planetary C&C type deal

THIS IS NOT TO BECOME A WISHLSIT THREAD BUT TO SIMPLY DISCUSS THE WAYS TO IMRPOVE THE MARINE CAMPAIGN

love to sc's thoughts on this

I'm not really sure about this. It seems to me that the purpose of playing a marine is to play as a foot soldier. Cannon fodder. The guy on the ground charging the enemy base. My main problem is that it can sometimes be hard to find any kind of coordinated strike to join in on. Then again, I'm guessing it'll be better once GBS-II is released and we can have actual scenarios focusing on the marine caste.

Yeah, once GBS-II is out, I'm planning to put together training scenarios along with Papi. They will include ground operations, no worries.

In the mean time, Simparadox, you should check in at the RollCall thread in Gamma Wing's area of Prime's private forum. Go to www.primefleet.com and click COM NET to get there. You'll have to sign up, but it doesn't cost anything.

quote:

Originally posted by Badgerius:

In the mean time, Simparadox, you should check in at the RollCall thread in Gamma Wing's area of Prime's private forum. Go to
and click COM NET to get there. You'll have to sign up, but it doesn't cost anything.

Er, I did . At least I thought I did, I'll double check...

EDIT: Yep, it's there. Third post down in the roll call thread.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Simparadox ]

The marine and pilot careers are primarily geared toward multiplayer.

Sure, with clever scripting and intelligent NPCs, you can do anything in single-player. Count me out of that loop. It was a ***** doing those scripts (yes, I scripted and tested each one, MYSELF) and I ain't touching them again.

From here on, apart from critical issues, the mp patch is the focus.