Are enemy ships stealing my supplies?

ParadoxX013X

Okay here's the situation. I'm in ROAM mode and I purchase items I believe i'm going to need when my research engineer's AI levels are finally high enough to come into play.

An enemy Battlecruiser enters the area and engages me and then beams intruders aboard which of course sends my marines into action. Just the my RE's AI hits 50 and I wait for the call that she's going to start configuring the Celestrial Orb. There is no such call. As I check my cargo I see that I'm left with only two special items and I freak. "Where the frick are my goods damnit!"

As my temp rises my shields drop into the red and I suddenly remember I have to deal with that cruiser. So I engage and destroy the pest who drops his cargo pod. As I have a shuttle pick up the pod guess what I find in the pod? The 3 or 4 special items I was missing as well as a number of spare parts that I'm sure were taken from my ship as well.

Talk about scandalous! So like I didn't see anything like this in the manual so I have to ask. Were my items beamed off my ship and if so can I do that to the enemy as well? Oh and before you ask I had power to the launch bay and the transporters cut off so I know it wasn't an inside job.

Anyone care to enlighten me on just what happened and how I was bamboozeled? I mean like seriously. Outside of my initial annoyed tone I thought it was kinda kewl.

Nick "Paradox" Parker

quote:

The 3 or 4 special items I was missing as well as a number of spare parts that I'm sure were taken from my ship as well.

Are you sure? Maybe it just took a while for your crew to bring the missing items back from the shuttle's cargo hold. The shuttle that the intruders tried to take, that is.

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: Cur ]

quote:

ParadoxX013X posted on 12-14-2001

Oh and before you ask I had power to the launch bay and the transporters cut off so I know it wasn't an inside job.

If that's the case, they could have stolen your goods before you cut power to the launch bay or transporter?

quote:

Originally posted by ParadoxX013X:

Talk about scandalous! So like I didn't see anything like this in the manual so I have to ask. Were my items beamed off my ship and if so can I do that to the enemy as well? Oh and before you ask I had power to the launch bay and the transporters cut off so I know it wasn't an inside job.

If I had to explain in the manual everything that the AI did, it would be 10x its size.

Okay I understand about the shuttle situation but I always make it a point to shut down the flight deck and transporters when they aren't in use and I'm quite sure that power was disabled before that cruiser jumped in system.

Yes it's possible that they jumped in cloaked and beamed the stuff off before my TO was able to detect their presense But I juat have to know what happened. There's nothing more embarrassing than coming back to port and hearing over the PA,

"And pulling into port behind our heros is Cmdr. Nick "Paradox" Parker and crew back from their most embarrassing mission yet. As you recall Cmdr Parker had 75% of his ship's support items stolen while he and his crew were in a heightened state of alert. If you look very closely along the hull you can even see where each of the raiders signed their names in very large and bright hot pink colored letters!"

Oh and SC, I understand what you're saying about having to write out all the information on the AIs abilites. But what am I to do the next time when I get back to my dorm room and both my systems and my DVD player are gone and I'm left with nothing but my bed, TV, and a note from the Terran Insurgents that reads,

"Hey Dox, thanks for the systems and DVD player. We left the TV as a Christmas gift so you didn't think we were too heartless. Oh and speaking of hearts we have your girlfriend too. If you happen to get a new one let us know, you've got great taste! Merry Christmas and hope you have a better New Year!

Signed,

The Bad Guys

p.s. Don't look under the bed. Whatever you have living under there doesn't like guests."

Surely you see the potential for serious problems here right? Then again I could always remember to shut off the game when I leave and tell the GF not to hangout in my room until I get back. But that would take alot of effort and I'm one career slacker when the winter months come around. HA HA HA HA HA!

Nick "Paradox" Parker

Hey SC, just off the top of your head what would you say is the average AI level of the NPC commanders and core crews aboard ships? I remember reading somewhere that the ships that jump in system while cloaked are supposed to be pretty high but just how high are we talking here?

Nick "Paradox" Parker

To be honest it sounds like you had intruders on board and they loaded up one of your shuttles but obviously didn't get to launch it. You then later launched a shuttle to capture the cargo pods and when you looked at it's inventory you saw the artifacts which had previously been loaded into the shuttles by the intruders. Anytime there are intruders on board, even if they can't launch, you have to check your shuttles cargo for items they might have loaded on board.

I think All of us here have duplicated it.....It really ticked me off when I went to attack a station...was boarded...tried to fire my PAD at the station....and guess what...it's a no go....my bridge crew is looking around like the half wits they are and then all eyes turn to Resnig...who has become rather red-faced and behind him on the vid are two big ugly guys carrying the darn PAD into the shuttlebay........meanwhile we're having a new a$$ ripped in the ship because the station has decided that they really don't care for us being around anymore.....yeah we've been through it.

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Stormshadow ]

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Stormshadow ]

quote:

Originally posted by Stormshadow:

I think All of us here have duplicated it.....It really ticked me off when I went to attack a station...was boarded...tried to fire my PAD at the station....and guess what...it's a no go....my bridge crew is looking around like the half wits they are and then all eyes turn to Resnig...who has become rather red-faced and behind him on the vid are two big ugly guys carrying the darn PAD into the shuttlebay........meanwhile we're having a new a$$ ripped in the ship because the station has decided that they really don't care for us being around anymore.....yeah we've been through it.

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Stormshadow ]

LOL!!!

It actually gets so bad you get super paraniod.

I had set a destination in my navitron and when the damn thing all of a sudden started flying in the wrong direction towards not so friendly territory in my little sunflash , not once, but twice in a row, until I landed in a raider/merc (somewhewre in Lennen I think) zone. I was convinced my bridge had been captured by intruders and franticlly went looking for the sob's. As it turned out my navigation officer was just a moron and I died right along with him shortly after.

Those little buggers will take anything, come to think of it, where the hell are my car keys...

Cheers

quote:

Originally posted by Badgerius:

I read in another post that they can even steal your crew. At least they could in Beta. Someone was telling me that one set of intruders grabbed the AE off of the bridge and stuffed him into a shuttle!

Yep. They were taking hostages. And they did that of their own will without having been programmed to do that.

I may allow them to resume doing that in BCM XP1. Should be interesting if they started taking hostages.

But then marines would have to be trained to not just shoot everything that moves when they enter a contained area - otherwise a lot of hostages are going to get killed. heh

Just think : in BCTC, you'd be able to do just that with your marines and in fp mode inside the ship. Can you imagine trying to get your NO taken hostage from a room full of Gammulan intruders? OK, so maybe we'll beg them to take Resnig

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Oh yes.. I can picture it!

Marine:

"Cmdr, they got Resnig hostage in Guest Quarters #2!"

Cmdr:

*faking concern*

"Oh my, how horrible!"

Marine:

"We think we can lower the O2 content in the room and make them all pass out, or lower the heating or fill the room with sleeping gas.. what should we do?"

Cmdr:

"Umm.."

Marine:

"Sir?"

Cmdr

"We got to send them a message not to mess with resnig!"

*grabs grenade off marine, pulls pin and lobs it inside the small room*

"Next time kidnap someone I care about!!! MWahahahaha"

*POW*

SC,

Letting intruders take crew members hostage is like way too kewl. You've got to keep it in the game. Hell I don't know of another game that has such a feature.

In fact it would be kewl if we could have our own Marines do the same. Say our guys should beam over to an enemy cruiser and snatch up their TO, Commander or Other thus causing the performance of that ship or even Starbase to drop considerably. Even better would be to make it possible to beam to specific sections of the ship to carry out hit and run attacks or to take crew members hostage.

"Paradox"