Are enemy ships stealing my supplies?

ParadoxX013X

I, for one,would like to initiate a few new SOP's on board my ship.

Ter/Ins Marine running through the corridor towards the shuttlebay duffelbag thrown over his shoulder,rounds the corner and-------

(COMPUTER VOICE)

YOU ARE NOW ENTERING THE SHUTTLEBAY PLEASE PLACE ALL WEAPONS,MINERALS,METALLIC OBJECTS,AND ALIEN ARTIFACTS IN THE PLASTIC TRAY AND STEP THROUGH THE DETECTOR !!

GALCOM MARINE CORPORAL: Place your duffelbag on the conveyer any other contraband in the tray and step through the detector !

TER/INS MARINE: HEY! What is this?I come this way ALL THE TIME and this was never here!

GALCOM MARINE CORPORAL: New orders.just do what I told ya!....oh yeah..has anybody but you had access to your bag today,sir?

TER/INS MARINE: uhhhh..... No

GALCOM MARINE CORPORAL: Well,Then let's take a look at that bag(zip..zip)Well now, what have we here, a PAD device?....Sir I'm gonna have to ask you to step outta that line and answer a few questions....Have you got a reciept for this device?

TER/INS Marine: HEY!!(starts backing up) That ain't mine...I don't know where that came from.I didn't put that in there.

GALCOM MARINE CORPORAL:HEY BOY!! are you trying to get smart with me....HUH!!!...WHAT"S YER AI BOY?

TER/INS MARINE:..uhhhh...uhhhhh....19.

GALCOM MARINE CORPORAL:19 !!!!.....19 !!!!......really?

The GALCOM MARINE CORPORAL looks over at RESNIG's blank face.....back at the bunny marine....RESNIGS blank face...bunny marine.

GALCOM MARINE CORPORAL:WANNA JOB?

Hehe... One particular time, they decided to kill some of my officers. My jarhead marines actually took two of them prisoner. I decided it was time to show those little freaks what happens when you board my ship....

So I loaded them on a shuttle and assgined myself as the pilot. I went to the bridge view, and then I saw the shuttle was ready to be launched. Well, that works, kinda fast but it works and I launched it, expecting to see the veiw change as I switched to SC controls. Nothing... I watched the shuttle fly off and away, WITH THE PRINSONER AT THE CONTROLS!!!! Oddly enough, I ordered him to return the shuttle to the docking bay... AND HE DID!!! I guess he saw what was coming and decided to try and get on my good side. Well, my good side is like the far side of the moon. You don't see it.

So I get my bum down there and start flying to the nearest planet. Land, boot his bum out on to the surface, AND HE HAS A COMBAT KIT COMPLETE WITH WEAPONS?! What is a prisoner doing with a kit and weaps?! No matter, small price to pay. I whip out my Rifle and read the charges... "You are guilty of crimes agains Galcom and Galcom personel. You have been sentenced to die on this rock, alone, and with no one around to hear you scream... which is just the way I like it. Any last words? Keep em to yourself." BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM... I sat there until his body dissapeared.... satisfied, I got in the shuttle and returned to my ship. I turned in the other bastard to Galcom.... lucky him.

So SC? How come the prisoner is treated just like other personel and can fly shuttles and stuff and not escape? Oh well... maybe I'm just on crack but he was the only one in the shuttle... no marines no nothing. Go fig......

But tell that to the sands of mars. hehehe.

Eihort

quote:

Originally posted by Thermidor:

This will probably indicate my "newbieness"..but who's Resnig? From the commentary here he's beginning to sound a lot like Arnold Rimmer from Red Dwarf.

Crank open your BCM manual to page 54. See the mugshots? Look at the top third mugshot from the left, that's Resnig. Lean, Mean, butt of all jokes machine.

quote:

Originally posted by Thermidor:

This will probably indicate my "newbieness"..but who's Resnig? From the commentary here he's beginning to sound a lot like Arnold Rimmer from Red Dwarf.

LOL!! You have no idea. Just do a search on the site for that name and you'll be laughing for hours.

Stop an imagine if the interior of all ships were fully rendered and you could walk and turboshaft your way throughout the ship. Then imagine you are on search duty for intruders when you observe four of the little bastards hauling off your equipment and trying to place it inside a shuttle. Just then you yell for them to halt and they drop everything and reach for the sky. You then start to approach and the other four you don't see jump out from cover and open fire.

You're caught in the middle of a firefight because you weren't smart enough to ask the CO how many guys you were looking for in the first place. Man that would be the life. Yes it's true that death would probably come rather quickly afterwards, but it would be a kewl mistake to fall into nonetheless. HA HA HA HA HA!

"Paradox"

Now that I think about it who in there right mind would want the job or creating and rendering the interior of an of those large ships in the sim? Oh and forget about an ornital or planetary starbase. How or better yet where in the world would you start, at the turbolifts? It created a nightmare just thinking about it.

Supposedly they did it whith that Voyager game that was created but I seriously doubt they were able to model the whole ship or even half of it for that matter. Does anyone know otherwise?

Nick "Paradox" Parker

quote:

Originally posted by ParadoxX013X:

Now that I think about it who in there right mind would want the job or creating and rendering the interior of an of those large ships in the sim? Oh and forget about an ornital or planetary starbase. How or better yet where in the world would you start, at the turbolifts? It created a nightmare just thinking about it.

Nick "Paradox" Parker

I dunno..level design is loved by many and just look at the many games out there that have tons of well defined maps. Tribes and Tribes 2 come to mind at this point specifically because of it's sci-fi concept and because the interiors of its bases would work great for BCM. You may be bored designing craft and base interiors, but I doubt many would be. And just think of what it would add to the game..

Yes it would be a dream come true. But creating levels to construct a whole starship? That's alot of work no matter what size the ship is. It would be awesome though. Especially walking throughout the ship and seeing the medics and marines searching the ships areas.

Picture walking around just as your ship takes damage, and then seeing the systems engineers running toward the problem area. The whole ship could be alive with activity. Man dare to dream eh? Oh but you wouldn't want to be there when there's a hull breach in a certain area. Then you'd have to model people being sucked out into space.

"Paradox"

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully the bridges will be rendered in BCTC...

as well as the bridge crew...

I can see it now...

AE: Resnig!

CO: Sir!

AE: You just let those Insurgent bastages walk away with -my- RANDOM!

CO: Sorry sir, wont happen again.

AE pulls out side-arm: Damn right it wont, you're fired...

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Salnas ]

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Salnas ]

Guest Grayfox

maybe we can just shackle resnig's legs together and keel haul the fool... just a thought... i remember my valorous marines took a prisoner once when my ship was boarded... i had 4, count them 4, marines in the detention hold with the prisoner... somehow by divine intervention, this clown escapes from the detention hold, kills 2 marines (he had no weapons so it must have been hand to hand kills lol), makes it to my shuttle bay before getting wasted by the 6 marines i had posted there... i was mad... this guy was a straight bad a$$ and they killed him!!! i was wanting to recruit him to replace resnig

Guest Grayfox

I might have to take that last statement back... I started a new game and decided to check resnigs AI value. It was... get this... a whopping 28%. Could good ole "the wheel's turning but the hamsters dead" Resnig finally have a brain??? I also checked my marines AI stats, and i only had 1 at 9% (must be a rookie) the rest were at 16-18% i shall save often to preserve this fine crew i have serving under me lol.