BCM Review @Multiplayer iT

Supreme Cmdr

Its supposed to be a kick-ass review....but its in Italian*.

Stefano has translated it into English. Here is my conversion to HTML and with some spellchecking etc.

*I first said Dutch. Ignorant developer that I am.

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

OK, very positive Review here. It's a little critical with the sound and graphic part of the game, but it says that BCM could be considered the Game of the Century for its playability, gaming depth and interaction (page 2, bottom).

The guy who did the review looks like one who red the forum threads. I think that after such a review many Italian Player will order BCM!!

SC, I confirm it's a very positive review!!

P.S. If any of you guy want a translation I could post it in this thread by tomorrow! Let me know!

See you in space!

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Stephanos ]

quote:

Originally posted by Stephanos:

Ok, done! Translation complete!

I added two comment in (* *) brackets.

Maybe there are some spelling errors, sorry for those.

Oh cool!!! I'm gonna convert it to HTML

OK, reward time.

You already have a copy of BCM, but what about the galaxy wall map? (the large one)

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Good review but he forgot to mention that over a certain length of time the AI gets smarter and thus more annoying to as it hampers my ambition of capturing all the stations available and keeping them intact.

Overall the reviewer basically summed the game up well.

quote:

Originally posted by Papi:

Great job Stephanos, you ought to be a translator!

Thanks, but no, I am not a translator. I lived in the US for sometime (I graduated at an US high school too), and now work in a "quite big" US firm. So I often have to speak, read or write in english.

See you in space

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Papi:

Welcome Vanethian, more reviewers dropping in,.... hmmm, is that good or bad?

hehe, he actually reviewed it, then contacted me about doing the music track for XP1 (thats how much he liked the game). So, I figured, why not? In fact, he has already done two music tracks in the past two weeks. Man, they are *incredible*. I just finished listening to the second one he sent yesterday. He is going to be doing a whole CD worth of music tracks for XP1.

Even the GameSpy reviewer (Craig) also a writer, is also going to be authoring the BCM strat guide I mentioned in my latest GNN brief. He did all the manuals etc for Railroad Tycoon II etc.

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

hehe, he actually reviewed it, then contacted me about doing the music track for XP1 (thats how much he liked the game). So, I figured, why not? In fact, he has already done two music tracks in the past two weeks. Man, they are *incredible*.

Well... what can i say? Thanks, SC!

Uhmmm.. i think we can say the tracks are orchestral, right? only this... and... well boys... you'll have to buy XP1 to listen to this amazing soundtrack! It is not available at my website, of course, so don't search for it!

XP1 will be an incredible addon... and the soundtrack will be of the same incredible quality level of all the other game aspects... so spread the word... we want to conquer the space sim gaming industry!

Wasn't Aramike also a reviewer in the past before becoming a 3000ad moderator? I seem to remember this when I was clicking on the gaming links on my AOL account (a long long time ago so don't make fun of me).