Thank you Derek for an INCREDIBLE game!

Guest bodycode

Guest bodycode

I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. It's a perfect game. I'm totally addicted to it. It's one of those games that's a family wrecker, that is, the husbands don't hang out with their wives and all they do, all day and night, is play BCM!

Incredible, awesome, I love it!

Thanks again...

Hehe be nice now Soback. They're newbies like me.

Anyway I'd better ask you guys before Nova gets here. Would you like to be assassins? You don't have to follow orders from anybody, nobody would look down on you if murder someone and best of all you get to earn more than these military guys. If you guys are interested just pop in in the misc. fleet forums.

Oh yeah I do advise you guys to fix your sigs. Just follow the link provided by Soback.

First - before anyone jumps - I have no sig as yet because I'm having a major upgrade done in a few days to replace radeon and other non BCM friendly hardware.

Second - and i'm not usually one to gush - but I have to say that even with the radeon inspired texture problems that my upgrade will fix, BCM is the finest space sim I have ever played. The way those planets LOOM as you pass them! The depth and wealth of options! It's just great to see someone realise their vision like this and of course, great to benefit.

quote:

Originally posted by SteveM:

First - before anyone jumps - I have no sig as yet because I'm having a major upgrade done in a few days to replace radeon and other non BCM friendly hardware.

uhm...and how does that prevent you from registering and adding the profile to your sig? All that data is stored on my servers and you can go back and update your registration profile when you upgrade.

So, please go and do it. Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

uhm...and how does that prevent you from registering and adding the profile to your sig? All that data is stored on my servers and you can go back and update your registration profile when you upgrade.

So, please go and do it. Thanks

Have registered. No point posting spec as my game pc is now in the shop, posting here from work. When its back I'll know what to put in the profile.

Guest Grayfox

All i can say about this game is wow... i remember reading a nice article on it in CGCDmag, and gettin the demo disc from them about a month later, and i was hooked. I honestly had never heard of BC3k or any other works by Derek Smart. So, i looked up the webpage, and found out about BC3k and some more info on BCM. I was really interested in seeing what BC3k was like, but nowhere out here (Las Vegas) carried it, and i dont have a credit card so i cant buy online, so i waited and it came out for free as a d/l... even as dated as BC3k was, it was fantastic... i love the whole go wherever do whatever premise. I kept checking the 3000ad website often to see when BCM would be released. When it did come out in Nov, i didnt have the cash for it, so i had to wait... i just bought the game this past sunday lol. Although there was an issue w/ my vid card, the troubleshooting file helped solve that, and now im just tearin thru space as a cop, bustin terran insurgent heads. Mr. Smart (dont know ya well enough to call you Derek) thanks for making such a great game. I have told my friends about it, and told them to check out BC3k and about 90% of them loved it and are going to buy BCM. and hopefully i did the link to my system info in my sig right... Cheers for now

quote:

Originally posted by SteveM:

Have registered. No point posting spec as my game pc is now in the shop, posting here from work. When its back I'll know what to put in the profile.

heh, OK.

btw, the reason you are asked for your forum handle in the reg form is for exactly this reason. I can do a quick DB search by the handle and know if you registered or not.

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

All i can say about this game is wow... i remember reading a nice article on it in CGCDmag, and gettin the demo disc from them about a month later, and i was hooked. I honestly had never heard of BC3k or any other works by Derek Smart. So, i looked up the webpage, and found out about BC3k and some more info on BCM. I was really interested in seeing what BC3k was like, but nowhere out here (Las Vegas) carried it, and i dont have a credit card so i cant buy online, so i waited and it came out for free as a d/l... even as dated as BC3k was, it was fantastic... i love the whole go wherever do whatever premise. I kept checking the 3000ad website often to see when BCM would be released. When it did come out in Nov, i didnt have the cash for it, so i had to wait... i just bought the game this past sunday lol. Although there was an issue w/ my vid card, the troubleshooting file helped solve that, and now im just tearin thru space as a cop, bustin terran insurgent heads. Mr. Smart (dont know ya well enough to call you Derek) thanks for making such a great game. I have told my friends about it, and told them to check out BC3k and about 90% of them loved it and are going to buy BCM. and hopefully i did the link to my system info in my sig right... Cheers for now

Thanks for the support!! And don't forget to tell your friends about the Christmas special offer. Check the announcements thread for more info!

This game is rocking! Great game Mr.Smart!

For a newbie like me its overwhelming to start playing, because there┬┤s so much you can do. Still over my head in the manual? I guess I┬┤ll be in training for the next year or so. And the support on this forum is awesome. Just finished download patch 1.0.02 on my 56K (20min), and you release another one. It┬┤s hard to keep up with you . Anyway thanks for a great game.

• 1 year later...

Hello Everyone,

I am a long time watcher, first time buyer. I just picked up BattleCruiser Millenium Gold yesterday at Software ETC for a very reasonable price.

I was absolutely stunned when I opened the box--whats this? A manual? A real, printed manual by someone who cares about the product they are producing? I could have sworn it was against the law to include a 'Functioning Document Insert' with a software product. I am happy to be wrong!! And the command/map card is darn near perfect. I would have preferred a slightly larger map, but I have not been through the entire CD documention and one may be there, so please be patient with me:)

To make a long story short--I love the manual!!

Hats off to the Supreme Commander--thank you for the excellent manual, you did a beautiful job on it.

It quickly became obvious to me that this is a very very deep and detailed multi genre simulator, and I need at least two more weeks just to read the manual.

That is just fine with me, I have been craving a detailed simulator like this for quite some time. The scope 'feels' immense.

I love the mouse control!! I am glad you put that option in, Supreme Commander, it is a welcome sight:)

I will sign off now, I know the rules around here are pretty strict, and rightly so, I hope I have not broken any rules with this post, but I just had to give a few initial impressions on this Magnum Opus.

Smokin Bob

[ 04-15-2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: rvs ]