Got some Question in the Game

Ferigad

Hmm, hi, hope somebody remember still to me? 1 month ago that i post something ^_^

I would like to ask abaout....something allround, bugs screenshot┬┤s etc...

First i saw the Screenshot┬┤s, though hey, cool game...later screenshorts got show of Vegetations, Wood┬┤s, Craters at detonationpoints of OTS weapons etc....i have just later hear from some peoples that things like wood or else will be never, or it could be possible that it will not be released sutch things like craters or Wood in the BCM, will be related in the other Product┬┤s of the BCM Serie...BCMX and else...all this thinks...not sure if it┬┤s true or not...a problem is at the screenshorts stands not "It is a part of game, it is not a part of game" i still found no wood on Earth or other planets But it is without wood a great Game, too .

Other thing was will be the AI get better? I make a test, i land my Ship on Botton, get out and run away, the fighters still attacked the Ship and the best was, 3 of 6 Fighters FLY with 2000 direct into the ground and detonate....can only say lol...but in the air they are very dangoures..

Mhm, and sometimes when i run around with my EF Pilot on a Planet or shorter time the EF pilot┬┤s animations are Failing...the Soldier just "Slide" over the Planet and when you use a weapon he can not take them in front of you where you COULD target..the wepaon poitns to bottom and there lands the shoot┬┤s of the weapon..i just see that at EF pilot, i find EF pilot and Marines mutch more intressting than a Commander of a Cruiser..hehe...

i know, some things of the text should be in the Bug Forum, some things in other Forums, but some beta tester still try to exploded the bug and i am sure when they know more abaout, if Marines has this bug too etc...etc...they will inform the Peoples....or they see it here and i get some bad words why i didnt post it in Bug Forum

ANother thing was are there no Animations for OTS Weapons, or will there be ever Animations?. This Exploding Animation of a Ship for a OTS weapon at the Detonate Point wopuld be Show great... a Firewall runs over the Buildings and get larger in a Circel...hehe...

Mhm..i think i finished...oh and yeah, this grenaded...that┬┤s grenade are Great.. Space marine duty is very Funny....

Want Killing Space Station? No Prob, fly with a Jet near to the station, get out, place 10 or 15 Explode grenades direct at hull and the station will be so badly damaged or Complete destroyed after detonate..for a Soldier it is no prob to take out enemy Buildings with his grenade...hehe...Sabotage is coooool

And a Great Game, a really Better Game than the BC 3000AD, but this was and is good too .)

But not so funny like BCM

I think i forgot something...mhm...will think about later...

Thats all, Happy X Mas to you Guy┬┤s.

---------------------

Lt. John Ferigad

Elite Force Pilot

Mars Defense, GalCom

---------------------

I remember you Ferigad.

#1 I'm sure the terrain will become better over time.

#2 The AI is fine. You get some great guys (well, relatively at 19%) and you get some guys dumb as Resnig. But every one will learn over time.

You wouldn't want everyone to be as smart as they can be. Especially if it was an intruder or an enemy fighter like you are talking about.

Yeh, i know, i know...but....but....i cant understand that...i think every Pilot in his Academy Years will learn how to Fly a Fighter, and he will learn that he didnt need to Fly his FIghter into the Deep ground...i think this is a more a bug than a AI Prob, think abaout it, when there is a Fleet from 10 Enemy FIghters with AI stupid and you are only 2, just landing, run away and wait that over the half of the fleet runs into teh ground, or it need just only 1 to land, the other can go into the space and wait unti there are only 2 or 1 Fighter is Left after this Red Baron Kamikaze Manouver... I think Stupid ok...but fly into the ground and be a Qulified Pilot for a Super Fighter? Sounds......a little bit....confusing?

quote:

Originally posted by Ferigad:

Yeh, i know, i know...but....but....i cant understand that...i think every Pilot in his Academy Years will learn how to Fly a Fighter, and he will learn that he didnt need to Fly his FIghter into the Deep ground...

I suppose even in modern day all those pilots who crash their crafts were just too stupid at the Academy? *sheesh*

Even an NPC pilot with an AI of 1, knows how to fly. And skill is cumulative with AI.

Besides, there are a LOT of factors which have nothing to do with skill, which affect an aircraft. Have you ever see an NPC pilot stall a craft? No? Didn't think so. Next time you are on a planet (e.g. try one of the IA scenarios), find a fighter and observe it from an F10 view. If you look long enough, you will see a fighter get stalled (pitch straight up and fall straight down) even at high altitudes. And if the pilot is not skilled enough, the craft will crash to the ground before he can recover.

There are craters in the game. Go use an OTS weapon on planets with certain topology.

Terrain vegetation is disabled. It was a feature I didn't finish in time (it requires a massively complex DB system), so I canned it. It will appear in the XP1 add-on.

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

and you get some guys dumb as Resnig

In one of my games Resnig had an AI of 22 or 23 . I thought i was very lucky to get an intelligent CO but i noticed that most of my marines were dumb. Their AI were between 5-12.

quote:

Terrain vegetation is disabled. It was a feature I didn't finish in time (it requires a massively complex DB system), so I canned it. It will appear in the XP1 add-on.

Great!!! That will add more fun to the game. I can't wait to hide behind bushes and start shooting stupid b*stards.

Thx SC for the Info..hmm, will try it with this OTS dig a Hole tactic

Ok, you are right SC, i test it with the Pilot, most of them makes this "Manouver" of quick fall dawn and give the full speed with Afterbunner....but try out to stand 0.10 from fighter away and watch the attacking Fitghters, they will not attack you, they will still attack the Fighter with Laser and "Air to Air Missiles" (Lol, Air to air and a Plain that is landed...i know, this Missile system has something to do with "Attackable" and "Not Attackable" but i think this is Funny ) and when they have Bad Luck most of them will Dig a Hole Through the Planet

Before i Forget, Marines must be Stupid, if a Marine could be Flying a Shuttle or could be use a Toaster there would be not Stupid enough to be Cannon Fodder rofl

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Ferigad ]

This is what the appendix says about Resnig:

quote:

The Combat Officer, CO, has the following tasks, which he performs automatically during the normal operation of the ship.

TASKS/ AI

Marines take 15-30 minutes longer to prepare for deployment if not on-station

Fighters take 10-20 minutes longer to reach ready status if not on-station

Assignment of Flight Engineers to evaluate and prep docked crafts for launch

/50

Assignment of Combat Pilots to ready craft with vacant operator

/35

Auto prepping of Marines for combat 35

Assignment of Marines to search for escaped prisoners

/75

Auto loading of missiles, mines & probes once bay is empty /75

This answers your question, E5

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr. P. Laracuente ]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grayfox

I use resnig as cannon fodder... i have him lead those brave marines when my ship gets boarded... and if he happens to get whacked whilst doing so... *oops*

*Keenan's hand moves slowly towards his SCAT1 pistol*

[RP]

Keenan: "Jerold Keenan is that you?"

Keenan: "Yep!"

Keenan: "Huh?"

Keenan: "Who?"

Keenan: "What?"

Keenan: "When?"

Keenan: "Where?"

[/RP]

The real Keenan blows the fakes face off...

I have absolutely no idea what I was on about up there...