Blooper on the front of the BCM box

R_wilco

I noticed something odd...looking at my BCM game box, it shows not only Galcom HQ,but also Earth AND Earth's moon! And where is the battle with the fighters and that BCMk1 taking place? A REALLY big asteroid?!

I want these issues addressed immediatly!!

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: R_wilco ]

quote:

Originally posted by Urza:

A distinct possibility. Heh, I'm usually the one who notices things like that.

heh, that scene is Jason's rendition (based on my choreography of what I wanted the scene to look like and what elements to use etc) which merges all elements of the game. Right down to that raving lunatic (read: AE) you see perched on the ledge and waving a ZS10 (probably outta ammo).

And yes, that is a large asteroid. In fact, I think he used the high-res New America station for that shot.

Actually, I found ANOTHER error on the box. An ADVERTISING error. Or maybe it's an error with The Game.

See, on the box, big as life, it says, "A DEREK SMART SIMULATION".

I'm standing in the store, thinking, "Gee... It would be REALLY cool to be Derek Smart! I've always wanted to be an independent game developer -- or EVEN BETTER -- play a simulation of an independent game developer! And here is a simulation that allows me to do just that!"

So, I plunked down my money and bought the game. I expected to be able to boot into the Derek Smart Simulation and experience life through Derek's eyes (as rendered by my GeForce ULTRA) -- see him getting up in the morning, showering, shaving, eating breakfast, maybe reading the newspaper, writing code, debugging, planning enhancements, taking a drive in the Florida sunshine, and just generally running his empire.

However, as I play this Derek Smart simulation, I can't find ANYTHING in the on-screen display that indicates that I am, in fact (well, in VIRTUAL fact) Derek Smart.

False advertising? I think SO!

(Just in case you don't already know -- I'M KIDDING!)

quote:

Originally posted by vogelap:

I'm standing in the store, thinking, "Gee... It would be REALLY cool to be Derek Smart! I've always wanted to be an independent game developer -- or EVEN BETTER -- play a simulation of an independent game developer! And here is a simulation that allows me to do just that!"

LMAO!!!

We've been debating that one back here for awhile. At one point I opted for "A simulation by Derek Smart" but didn't sound right; and besides, it means the same thing if you think about it.

I mean, think about it, when you go see a movie or see an ad for it, you see something like "A Ridley Scott film" (or something equally dense, like that).

Guest Grayfox

i can just see a new upgrade for the Sims... "The Sims: Derek Smart Expansion pack" lol play the role as indie developer derek smart in this new "twist" on the Sims universe...

I think a really cool game would be Derek Nukem 3D.

Give him a great big shotgun and move him around Florida shooting detractors armed with big mouths. And what's a Nukem game without catchy one-liners?

"Prepare to be banned!"

"It's ready and you're dead!"

"Hail to the Supreme Commander, baby!"

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Menchise:

Give him a great big shotgun and move him around Florida shooting detractors armed with big mouths. And what's a Nukem game without catchy one-liners?

"Prepare to be banned!"

"It's ready and you're dead!"

"Hail to the Supreme Commander, baby!"

LOL! Where can I preorder?

Guest Grayfox

oh yeah... angst ridden, trash talkin, you HAVE been warned gameplay... i love it. but its got to have the Q3 engine or else itll be flamed by the rest of the "community" lol

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

oh yeah... angst ridden, trash talkin, you HAVE been warned gameplay... i love it. but its got to have the Q3 engine or else itll be flamed by the rest of the "community" lol

Nah, I'm thinking the Unreal2 engine.

Guest Grayfox

LOL! i can see it now... itll just be like the Angry Chris set of games... for those of you unfamiliar with the angry chris series, its about this guy chris who snaps from the stranglehold influence media and marketing have on our society, and he just goes on a mad angst spree. I can see SC doin that ala Duke Nukem or Judge Dredd

A few questions:

Where can I pre-order?

What kind of system requirements will it have?

Will it have bullet-time?

Will there be a PS2 port? (They did it to Max Payne and Half-Life....)

And where can I pre-order?

---Man, if there ever was a game like that, I'd probably go so off the wall with laughter, that I'd be locked up for life.

quote:

Hm... I couldn't find my PC version of the game, but I did find that old 64 copy. Scanned it in, too!

You asked for it:

Can someone say:

"All your Shirley are belong to us!!!"

(This crack/medpack induced moment has been brought to you by Nova. Have a nice day.)

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]