which patch first?

seabee461

I just purchased the game and went to the official website and found the v1.0.04 patch.I have the retail version. I also saw a reference to 'rc' something and do not know what that means either. I downloaded the above patch,have yet to install it.Just wanted to make sure that is the correct thing to do. any help here and I will appreciate it much.

seabee461

If you have the retail version, just download the full 1.0.04 one.

1.0.03/1.0.04 RC1 -> 1.0.04 patch is an incremental one. Like the ones they have for Tribes 2, where you have to download one, to download another. The latest FULL version contains all files in previous versions, and updates for the current version; this means that it's just a 1-patch thing.

Seabee,

RC stands for "Release Candidate" It's an incremental test-version of a patch that is released internally for the Beta-Testers to test drive before the final patch is released to the public.

You'll have to forgive Nova there....It's hard for him to slow down enough for us commoners to understand him......It's the medpacks, you see....he just keeps going and going and going.