The FPS aspect, my experiments and other crazy stuff

R_wilco

I've been experimenting with the first-person shooter aspects of BCM(I've had nothing else to do since my saved games got erased ). I've seen some wierd things...

One odd quirk in the programming I've pointed out before from my EF Marine career is this: when you hop on a building, enemy marines tend to forget about you until you're on the ground again. In fact, they will "camp" the building you're on until you jump off.

With a commander career, I've done far too many things involving walking around on my own ship.

Sir! The commander's on the bridge again!

But he just went out the airlock!

That's what I mean...*groan*..he's "ON" the bridge...

*KTHUMP! KTHUMP! KTHUMP!*

Magnetic boots freaking r0xx0r!

I've walked around in the cargo bay of my BCM1, and in another career using a Jenstar armed transport. It was fun, until either

A) The CC entered hyperspace, leaving me behind..come back you mutineers!

B) The ship entered a planet's atmosphere. Those jerks!

Speaking of which, here's a fun thing to try:

1)SNG as any race, Commander, any caste, military preferably. Choose a relatively flat ship

2) Land on a planet(preferably one WITHOUT a hostile enviroment.

3) ALT-E exit the ship.

4) Use the jetpack to enter the CC's cargo bay, or walk on the top, etc, just stand on it.

5) Set a CC waypoint far off from your current position.(may have to re-enter the CC to do this, if so then go back to step 3)

6) While standing on it, order the CC to "Resume Waypoints".

7) Do your best

NOT to fall off.

I've found the Jenstar works best for this trick, especialy if you stand in the cargo bay.

Let me know if you've found any other wierd tricks/experiments to do.

[ 01-31-2002, 01:02: Message edited by: R_wilco ]

i tried running the marines down with a humv to bad they dont die you can alos just lob grenades off the top of the building at the poor marines, have you ever tried landing your shuttle assest on your cc, then extracting the veichle on it you can drive around on it til either you clip thro it or generaly fall off, i havent tried giveing my cc the resume command while im on it tho, get a g-supercarrier and unload your entire crew into en enamy base unload the officers and medics first as there (operation body shield) now once the enamy marines mow down your crew your marines will have no problem killing them as their all low on ammo dont worry about your crew their clone able and the rest you can buy...

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by xierxior:

i tried running the marines down with a humv to bad they dont die you can alos just lob grenades off the top of the building at the poor marines, have you ever tried landing your shuttle assest on your cc, then extracting the veichle on it you can drive around on it til either you clip thro it or generaly fall off, i havent tried giveing my cc the resume command while im on it tho, get a g-supercarrier and unload your entire crew into en enamy base unload the officers and medics first as there (operation body shield) now once the enamy marines mow down your crew your marines will have no problem killing them as their all low on ammo dont worry about your crew their clone able and the rest you can buy...

LMAO!

RP

Insurgents heres a new recruit for you!!

/RP

quote:

One odd quirk in the programming I've pointed out before from my EF Marine career is this: when you hop on a building, enemy marines tend to forget about you until you're on the ground again. In fact, they will "camp" the building you're on until you jump off.

They can't aim that high, as much as you can't aim that low. It's annoying

heh....I did beam Karl Reines into the middle of a hostile base in the one of the ACM missions. I told him not to mess up my guest quarters. But no...he just wouldnt listen.....

(ps sadly the enemy refused to believe the the leader of GALCOM was running around their base occassionally firing off a pistol round. If only I had an OTS missile in the tube at the time....)

quote:

Originally posted by R_wilco:

Its in the VCF. Try reading it.

quote:

It's in the VCF. Try reading it

I never seem to do that often enough...

Maybe I should start a game review website, all the other reviewers seem to be avoiding the VCF too

[ 01-31-2002, 14:22: Message edited by: R_wilco ]