Funny thing about Kendrick (CE)

weegee_101

Ok, I've been boarded a couple times and had a few officers die. It seems whenever I'm boarded and have an officer or officers die Kendrick is the first. If you ask me Kendrick is the sole most important thing on my ship, I always manage to get myself a little damaged. Another thing, is the SC going with a popular movie theme? The black guy always dies first, or is this just freaky coincidence. (NOTE: This is in no way anti-racial or anything) Why can't Resnig die, he's the most annoying, he's the one who forgets to tell me that I've got intruders on board in the first place. If it is going with that movie theme then its kinda funny, I had wondered when a game would have this kind of theme that's just stupid. Is anyone else having this wierd incident?

EDIT: P.S. I wasn't sure whether to put this post in BCM Fun stuff, or General Discussion, so if an Admin feels it belongs in Fun Stuff feel free to move it.

[ 02-10-2002, 16:17: Message edited by: Cmdr. WeeGee ]

yes resnig should die whenever the intruders get to the bridge since he loves you so much he should thro himself in front of the bullets, btw how would the intruders get into the bridge every movie i seen the bridge allways has a huge steal door which closes to prevent that from happening

engineering is usely secure to ever watch startrek voyager had a blast door which could close, maybe kendrick is to stupid to use his pistol? i have evidence of this i beamd my officers down to a planet, i told them to search and destroy they moved around a little half of them got mowd down, and resnig got about two shots off before he died your medics and pilots are equaly as stupid, if you ever beam down the intrudors there like marine they carry shotguns etc

quote:

Originally posted by xierxior:

yes resnig should die whenever the intruders get to the bridge since he loves you so much he should thro himself in front of the bullets, btw how would the intruders get into the bridge every movie i seen the bridge allways has a huge steal door which closes to prevent that from happening

Resnig is in operations.

I've been thinking about the blast door thing too. Most ships in most sci-fi movies/series can "secure" areas, either because of intrusion, or because of a serious hull breach (to prevent deck-wide vacuum)... just watch star wars ... why doesn't BCM have some of those?

ops i never actually looked to see where they all were, i asumed they were on the bridge, well anyways that coms officer should thro herself infront of the bullets then and i think someone mentiond something about just applying force fields inside the ship, and sc said something like it wouldnt be fun.. it still would suck if your ae got killed by a indtrudor

quote:

Originally posted by xierxior:

engineering is usely secure to ever watch startrek voyager had a blast door which could close, maybe kendrick is to stupid to use his pistol?

Doubt it, he's my smartest guy (until I have to clone him of course). The blast door thing, I would think that intruders would carry explosives on them to breach doors like that(sort of like the modern C2 breaching charge, able to blast through just about any wooden door, strong enough to take down a small metal door with ease.)

My AE almost has 100 AI. He can dodge bullets.

(does the Matrix move of running on the walls of his bridge and kicks the intruder in the face as the intruder shoots out all of the bridge systems trying to hit him)

Me: "Oh shoot, he got the engine controls"

COMPUTER: "Planetary impact in 10 seconds"

Me: Damn intruders.

*BOOM*

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

I've been thinking about the blast door thing too. Most ships in most sci-fi movies/series can "secure" areas, either because of intrusion, or because of a serious hull breach (to prevent deck-wide vacuum)... just watch star wars ... why doesn't BCM have some of those?

Maybe it does... Just that the AI isn't smart enough to use it yet.

Guest Grayfox

hehehe. take out the steel door with a plate charge

ive never had kendrick hurt or killed. all the times ive been boarded theyve stormed the bridge and shot me up pretty good, along with the comm officer, and the NO. why cant they storm operations??? lol

i can see it now.

[rp]

resnig hears a knock on the operations door...

CO:who is it?

intruder1: ummm engineers

CO:what do you want?

intruder2: we're here to fix the door

CO:oh... ok

*BOOM* as the door explodes inward taking out 3 marines and nearly taking off resnigs head...

CO:what the...

intruder2: my bad

intruder1:i told you not too much!

intruder2:dude its comp-c how much am i supposed to use? the door is gone isnt it?

CO:ummm youre not engineers are you?

intruder1:hold on fancy pants we'll get to you in a second... dude if you READ the damn 5-28 you would know how to properly make a plate charge to take down a 12'x6'x8" steel door!

intruder2: oh dont start with that reading the manual stuff again, look the doors down, we secured operations and...

CO:ummm excuse me???

[/rp]

ROFL!!!! Thats great Grayfox.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

Maybe it does... Just that the AI isn't smart enough to use it yet.

In that case I need to send a ship-wide message to RTFM. If you're so stupid as to not press a button when intruders are on board you shouldn't be on a starship.

[ 02-11-2002, 07:12: Message edited by: Cmdr. WeeGee ]

Guest Grayfox

hehehe ya ill notice ive got intruders usually before resnig does. ill be cruisin along, then ill see the SAS indicator start blinking yellow, and im like oh boy... intruders... then a few seconds later resnig will say "priority one alert. we have intruders on board"

*fox shakes his head*

LMAO !! Heheh, this thread is great! I sympathise with all the comments, 'cuz it seems we all suffered the same sort a thing in one form or another - 'tis what makes BCM Great!

quote:

he's the one who forgets to tell me that I've got intruders on board in the first place

LOL ! Hey, he didn't forget to tell you that you had intruders on board, no, he forgot to tell you he was feeling a bit tired and was naffing off for a sit down and a sandwich!! Mind you, they all do that, but they make sure they tell you when they're back, LOL!!

Disclaimer

First person that shouts "wish list" at me, can have my size nine's in return!

• 3 weeks later...

Man....Resnig sure is a problem for me. He's definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer! He won't ready my FC's. Everytime they dock, I'll wait and wait, head off to the galley for a McNutripak. When I come back, I have to order the FC's readied for the next tour myself. I think I'd like to fly to the nearest black hole, load him into a shuttle, and see how close to the event horizon he can get!!!!! Argh.....

How he ever made it out of the Academy I'll never know!!!

Gary

BC:M's universe is different. The intruders can beam through shields.

They can't do that in the Trek universe.

A freakin door is not going to stop any intruder that can beam through shields and lug FC to shuttles. LOL

quote:

Originally posted by Gary:

Man....Resnig sure is a problem for me. He's definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer! He won't ready my FC's. Everytime they dock, I'll wait and wait, head off to the galley for a McNutripak. When I come back, I have to order the FC's readied for the next tour myself. I think I'd like to fly to the nearest black hole, load him into a shuttle, and see how close to the event horizon he can get!!!!! Argh.....

How he ever made it out of the Academy I'll never know!!!

Gary

I read somewhere that his AI has to be at a certain level before he will automatically order Flight Engineers to ready fighter craft. Didn't you see this?

Where did I see this?! (Hints: Manual, Appendix)

LOL! I made this post a month ago. Its still getting hits. Sorry everyone who doesn't understand (which is probably most here), I'm just getting a kick out of this since most posts I make on other boards are forgotten in like a day.

I figured Resnig's AI would eventually goes up. I guess the only thing I can say til then is "Paul Resnig, you ARE the weakest link...good-bye"

This really does add to the depth of the game!

Cheers!