Interview at Armchair Empire

Supreme Cmdr

Guest Grayfox

for some odd reason the whole "standing next to the water cooler talking shit" reference made me laugh so hard i think i pulled a muscle... hehe im easy to entertain

Great interview Derek. One question I didn't see that I would like to read the answer to is, "Is your current lifestyle everything you dreamed it would be?" (You know, making your own schedule, doing your own thing, not having to get up and shower, dress, drive to freakin work, every freakin day...)

Good write up! I, myself, like those long reads!

I hope you don't tell these interviewers too much or there will be no sense in buying a copy of "SC-The Official Biography!"

[ 03-19-2002, 17:28: Message edited by: ShoHashi ]

quote:

Originally posted by Captain X:

One question I didn't see that I would like to read the answer to is, "Is your current lifestyle everything you dreamed it would be?" (You know, making your own schedule, doing your own thing, not having to get up and shower, dress, drive to freakin work, every freakin day...)

....there's a good reason it wasn't asked. It is a silly question. Since I have the power to change my life, why I would be stuck living a lifestyle I didn't like?

Most people don't seem to realize that its not as simple as it sounds. Working the way I do, is just a very dangerous lifestyle because you spend more time working that anything else. e.g. I wake up usually around 6am, depending on what I time I went to sleep. Even if it was at 3am. If I had a lousy job to go to, you bet your ass I'd be calling in sick, or going to my grandma's funeral for the umpteenth time that year. But since everything I do is at stake, I still drag my sorry ass out of bed (or the couch) and go to my office. The result is you end up working longer and harder.

[ 03-19-2002, 18:48: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

But since everything I do is at stake, I still drag my sorry ass out of bed (or the couch) and go to my office. The result is you end up working longer and harder.

Exactly my life My friends tell me that because i'm not an employee but a contractor i'm free to choose when to work and how. This is not true. At the end, we work longer and harder, as SC perfectly said.

But i must add that i work also as supervisor for a multimedia company which is not so near to where i live (one hour and half flight) and i got to be there often to check a lot of things... and... well people... it's hard. But i like it

And about the interview... SC, a beautiful one! I liked it very much!

Jerk: "So you acknowledge you see yourself as a "Gaming God"?"

SC: "Only if you acknowledge yourself as someone who can't read and comprehend what I wrote.

I'll be waiting..."

SC, this is the best answer you could give to that jerk... damn, you are really a gentleman... i would have mass bombed his email for a month

Still reading the interview, but so far so good as far as I am concerned. Give 'em both barrels SC!! LOL

Sorry about being AWOL for the last 2 weeks, went to Seattle and did some of the most serious job hunting of my life. It was SUCCESSFUL!! Got an Inside sales manager position in the electronics industry, and gonna be starting on April fools day!! So I am back for the duration.

The stress is off of me now, I am employed and a happy camper. Being unemployed for 6 months with no income can stress you out to the max!!

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Sorry about being AWOL for the last 2 weeks, went to Seattle and did some of the most serious job hunting of my life. It was SUCCESSFUL!! Got an Inside sales manager position in the electronics industry, and gonna be starting on April fools day!! So I am back for the duration.

The stress is off of me now, I am employed and a happy camper. Being unemployed for 6 months with no income can stress you out to the max!!

Well, thats nice. But there is a forum for stuff like this. Go there and stop posting off-topic.

quote:

Well, if there was a switch that would turn it [Net] all off, IÔÇÖd be the one to flip it without so much as a second thought. They can blame it on me. Why not? I am Derek Smart - industry rebel - remember? I would gladly turn it off, man.

Don't you dare do any such thing. If you do, I might actually have to leave the house once and awhile for entertainment

Yeah Derek - you turn it off you don't get my ten bucks a month for BCO!! Thats real freakin nice...get us all hooked on BC and then dangle BCO under our brains and then threaten to shut the net down. How rude!

Guest Grayfox

hehe wow. anti "flame" retardent suits well that will teach the lil bastages to watch what they say in online forums now wont it??? or you would hope... kids are so rebellious these days

Uh oh, will Shirley sue me for the things I said to him? Oh well, not to worry, I've got two lawyers ready to defend me for free. Mom, dad, I love you.

quote:

quote:

Well, if there was a switch that would turn it [Net] all off, IÔÇÖd be the one to flip it without so much as a second thought. They can blame it on me. Why not? I am Derek Smart - industry rebel - remember? I would gladly turn it off, man.

Don't you dare do any such thing. If you do, I might actually have to leave the house once and awhile for entertainment

That was my favorite line. I've thought the same as well. Like I said some time ago, I wish it was still just nerds and AOL users online.

quote:

You all might want to read
. Those of you who know that attorney (because I mentioned it), will know why am posting the link.

Good. I like what I'm seeing. I've always loved the agrument of "rights vs. abuse of rights" with free speech. You give an inch, half the idiots in the world take a mile. I hope that's changed to an extent, to actually make the net civilized at least.

nice interview SC....so did they just email you a big list of questions they wanted answered or was it over the phone, or was it chat?

man I would sure hate to have to take down all those long answers if I was taking dictation off of the phone...yipes

quote:

Originally posted by Shadow_Wolf33:

nice interview SC....so did they just email you a big list of questions they wanted answered or was it over the phone, or was it chat?

man I would sure hate to have to take down all those long answers if I was taking dictation off of the phone...yipes

They sent me a list of questions via email sometime in January I think. I only just got around to actually doing it.

heh, some would think they got cheated out of a soapbox installment.

[ 03-21-2002, 08:01: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

They sent me a list of questions via email sometime in January I think. I only just got around to actually doing it.

Damn! There goes my scenario of the whole thing:

SC, sitting in a armchair, smoking his pipe (like Sherlock Holmes), answering in a calm manner anything thrown at him. "That┬┤s elementary dear boy, now siddown!"

quote:

You're right. Some would think that.

*long silence*

Urza quickly retreats to the soapbox archives

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Shadow_Wolf33:

they just emailed you a list of questions????

now how lazy is that!! yeesh come on...what ever happened to a traditional interview where ya go sit down and talk to em?

but then again...I suppose an email interview would be a *bit* easier to do...cause ya could just do it when you're good and ready...and you can think all ya want...and then the poor interviewer doesn't have to write down everything....would feel sorry for the poor guy that would have to take everything ya said as dictation