Radeon question

Im building a new computer and i just wanted to ask about the radeon 7000, i found a good deal on one but before i get it i would like to know if its good for bcm.

im sorry if this is the wrong forum for this but i tried to post it in the video issues forum and it wouldnt let me (i didnt think it was an "issue" anyway).

quote:

Originally posted by Comander Keeling:

Learn to shop around a little.

Cheaper

Cheaper Yet Go to the Radeon 7000 section. The URL is being redirected to the homepage.

A Radeon 7000 is just a rebadged first genereation Radeon. Me, I would go for a 8500 myself, but if I was in your shoes, I would at least try for a 7500.

Your welcome.

Thanks, but I just decided to get my new computer running with my current 32 meg radeon then see what i need to do after that. It should run bcm fine but im shooting for a machine that i dont have to upgrade when bcg (and bctc) comes out .

Guest Grayfox

i have the radeon 7000/VE

all i can say is look carefully into what youre buying. while mine was 75$ when i bought it, i think its a piece o crap. half the games i have dont work anymore when they used to with my old voodoo 5 5500, there are no drivers for the card (i kid you not) only the ones on the install CD.

i goto the ati website to d/l drivers, and when i install them (or try to) i get an error message saying drivers incompatible with display adapter. i also tried d/l the "powered by ATI" drivers and get the same thing.

again, look careful into what you buy, and make sure its compatible with your system, or its not a piece of crapola

oh, and it is the same kind as the one greg linked to... 64MB SDR and all.

[ 06-03-2002, 16:29: Message edited by: Grayfox ]

quote:

all i can say is look carefully into what youre buying. while mine was 75$ when i bought it, i think its a piece o crap. half the games i have dont work anymore when they used to with my old voodoo 5 5500, there are no drivers for the card (i kid you not) only the ones on the install CD.

The 7000/VE is NOT a piece of crap.

I got one in my system and it works just fine... better stability-wise then an 8500...

It just goes to show that you can't really tell if it will work well in your system until you test it out.

Anyone who has a radeon, take a look here since this guy tweaks drivers, and gets better performance out of em.

Edit: ATIs drivers are backwards compatable. One file runs ALL the cards under ME/9x, and another runs them under NT/2K/XP.

[ 06-04-2002, 09:30: Message edited by: Kartoffel ]

quote:

Originally posted by Kartoffel:

The 7000/VE is NOT a piece of crap.

erm, as opposed to what? Say the better and faster 7500 or the even better and even more faster 8500?

They're crap. Period.

[ 06-04-2002, 18:33: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

It may not be top-of-the-line, but it works fine for just about anything on the market, barring something like Iwar2, or Commanche 4.

Edit: I will say no more, as why start a pointless argument?

[ 06-04-2002, 20:20: Message edited by: Kartoffel ]