Mercy in Multiplayer

IceCold

Guest krelian

i'm not sure, but when your ship gets beaten enough, doesn't it automatically send an SOS signal? i think you can see it on the TACOPS. i'm not sure about multiplayer though, i imagine it would be like requesting a tow (CTRL + T).

And in MP why would you wanna send SOS,

and what enemy whould leave you SOSing in space waiting for you to repair?

hm... unless u want some one to see your SOS and come for a closer look hehe.

ahh so many choises

Guest Remo Williams

I would think the result of putting out and sos will depend on your race/caste and what quadrant/system you are located in when doing so.

If your a Terran emitting an sos in the Gammulan quadrant. I wouldn't expect any mercy when your sos is discovered.

On the other hand if your a Terran Trader emitting an sos in the Terran quadrant. It will depend on who finds you first as to the results. If it is a Raider good luck. LOL!

[ 06-18-2002, 13:55: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

quote:

Originally posted by krelian:

i'm not sure, but when your ship gets beaten enough, doesn't it automatically send an SOS signal? i think you can see it on the TACOPS. i'm not sure about multiplayer though, i imagine it would be like requesting a tow (CTRL + T).

Correct

In mp your ship will auto-emit an SOS (naturally, if you are in hostile territory, your ass is a gonner) just like NPC ships do (in fact, it should in sp. If not, I'd have to implement that).

And requesting a tow in mp will be supported as it is in sp - although you won't be warped to a station. The tow ship will be dispatched from the station to your destination and will then have to travel back to your home base. Of course, there is a good chance that you won't make it. Get ready to spawn.

I don't think any experienced cmdr will be requesting a tow in mp. Especially since you can just ask one of your friends to tow you outta there. It is a lot quicker - and probably safer - than waiting for an NPC tow which would most likely get destroyed en-route to you on the return trip to the station.

[ 06-18-2002, 14:12: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Locutus:

As for SOS, it has another usefull function: it shows up on the radar which of your ships are still healthy...

i.e. if your buddies are turning grey fast, it might be time to lock tractors on the survivors and jump out...

Hmmm, Tractor Beam = No Shields

Bet I can kill two birds with one missile.