supernova 2

Cruis.In

I did a search of the forum for supernova...and I saw no mention of the supernova 2 region. I was exploring the Gammulan quadrant....jumping through flux fields...On my third attempt to pass through the F10 field at Otura-6 I ended up in a region designated Supernova 2. It was totally empty...no planets ships...nothing to scan. It's worth a second check though. If anything is cloaked...well I don't know how to uncloak something cloaked.

Next thing will be to travel through all the flux fields multiple times. Different attempts as you know lead different places. Going through it again while in the Spnv 2 region put me in the Syrion quadrant.

Supernovas are like "in-between" zones where fluxfields and such take you, before the destination. Sort of like a mid-flight fueling stop or something. IIRC, the Appendix has information and map data that includes this. I'm damn sure that the BC3000ad Manual or Appendix had one, because I remember reading through it at one point. Look around, and you might find your answers. ^_^

Oh, and be warned: some fluxfields have exits that lead to black holes. The one at Mars is one such fluxfield.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

That kinda sounds like null space.

Wrong!

A supernova is not null space

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

Supernovas are like "in-between" zones where fluxfields and such take you, before the destination. Sort of like a mid-flight fueling stop or something.

Wrong!

A supernova is its own region, just like any normal space region or blackhole. The difference being that they are usually empty but mostly inhabited by high AI entities with the ability to remain cloaked.

The reason you don't see them on a map is because only a flux field can get you to a supernova.

There are 10 of them in the current galaxy

[ 08-17-2002, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

thanks for that information there SC.

Soback when you initially said they were Nullspace..I was "huh" to myself. But really I couldn't argue because after all I am a newbie to "BCM"

so there are 10...supernova 2 is empty...to the naked eye. Supernova has planet Stargazer with also a landing zone marked "gal/exp"

the probe at Obsida says..."beware stargazer we are coming." Someone said earlier they destroyed the probe when the message came through because they don't like being threatened. (think it was a gammulan) But I don't believe the probe was refering to you or anything you know of.

Just my observations now that I've explored the region.

Oh another note...i left my SC1 in the Obsidia region...and the poor shuttle appears not to be able to fly to and exit at the Flux15 field to get back to Altris. I'll have to go back for it with my CC.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

thanks for that information there SC.

Soback when you initially said they were Nullspace..I was "huh" to myself. But really I couldn't argue because after all I
am
a newbie to "BCM"

Null space is where you end up if you happen to fly off the edge of any space region. Rather than have limiting walls like most games, I have a recursive self-generating code which creates the null space region to infinity. In other words, you will always be in a valid region of the game space, of which null space is one.

quote:

But I don't believe the probe was refering to you or anything you know of.

You're right, its not. Its part of the overall BC franchise storyline which spans several games

quote:

Oh another note...i left my SC1 in the Obsidia region...and the poor shuttle appears not to be able to fly to and exit at the Flux15 field to get back to Altris. I'll have to go back for it with my CC.

You should know better than that. NPCs cannot use fluxfields. Period.

I should but I have a good excuse. I read about Nullspace before I got bc3k. In my bc3k games...I never once entered a flux-field. After hearing of all the black hole encounters.

Now the only other part to this is to explore and find all relating matters to this probe. Or other similar unknowns.

Exactly, Probes can't enter flux fields either. SC told me that one(I think). Sooo....instead of sending Resnig or a probe to search a flux feild, you end up having to do it yourself, thus, risking losing your CC and all. Or uh...something like that.

That's kind of a cheesy way of doing it. Surely there is a less riskier way that early space pioneers used. That assumes that these pioneers wanted to explore them (after discovering the risk initally) in the first place.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

I see on the map that S10 is the flux leading "from" Obsidia...which might mean S for Stargazer...or Supernova. Whatever it is it leads to Stargazer planet.

S10 is Supernova #10 and is the only one listed on the map. This signifies importance, since the other nine are not listed on the map.

If you know how to read the map, you'll notice that this means you can get to S10 from Obsidia. The same way that you see that fluxfield F15 links Alteris and Obsidia.

• 4 months later...

Intel Reports an artifact in Vega Eridani...

I guess I was lucky. The Diplomat had eventually docked on MAJORIS, so I went after the artifact, leaving my FC's in Majoris patrol the region. I passed through the Fluxfields without any problems! Arriving on Obsidia, there it was! Launched a Shuttle and retrieved from the patroling Nightstar my HSD. Scanned Obsidia, and the crashed Galaxian Probe was down there, half buried. Kept Shots of that historical moment (at least for me). But there was a something strange out there. All sorts of crafts were going and coming from Obsidia, with no visible star station or starbase in the area. My CO kept saying "there's something out there". what? Maybe it was a cloaked star station, i didn't stay to futher investigate. At least for the time... I jumped through the SNOVA Wormhole, and there was Stargazer, the Uncharted One. Left a probe in the region, and returned to Obsidia, where I had this marvelous idea of retrieving the Galaxian Probe. what happened? The probe seemed to be unmovable and my ship got all sort of damage by Obsidia's atmosphere. The final clue? Don't try this at home! I think it would be much interesting, being able to actually retrieve the probe and have it examined by the RE...