Using MS Strategic Commander with BCM?

St0nkingByte

Anyone out there using Microsoft's Strategic Commander with BCM? I picked it up yesterday at Big Lots for $5.99(!).

I'm attempting to cook up a useful profile for BCM, especially for use in TacOps. One thing that's irritating is I can't figure out how to get it to handle panning since it requires a Left-Click+Drag.

This thing seems pretty cool and potentially useful. Of course if I don't get the hang of it I'm only out $6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, it's been a while. Took me a good long time to figure BCM out but now it's achieved Daggerfall status (I'll play it a couple times a month for the rest of my natural life). 5.99 for the MS Game Commander is a total waste of money. That thing is really just a glorified microphone, trust me. If you want a voice regonition and control system that works, go here: http://www.gamecommander.com/products/gc2.html.. They were the first and still the best. As for nifty gaming gadgets, check out the P5 Glove from Essential Reality. I can't wait to get my hands in this one, it's supposed to arrive at my store on the 21st - it's pricey but the gradual pre-order payoff eases the pain... especially since I'll be forking out big bucks to smuggle myself some Ferrets into Calif on Sunday.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think he said "Strategic Commander" not game commander. They are two very different things.

Anyway, the Stategic Commander is really intended for 2-dimensional games I think. The TacOps is very mouse oriented and the Stategic Commander is really intended to replace keyboard functions (I think). If you make up a good profile for it, I'd like to try it (if you don't mind of course).

Actually, while it seems extremely useful, it honestly isn't. The only game that it ever helped a lot in was Black & White, because of the unusual way the controls are set up in that game, it works almost perfectly, but besides that it's really just an extra piece of hardware, since you generally still need to use both the keyboard and mouse and you have only 2, not 3 hands.

[ 11-27-2002, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: T-WOPR ]