A little easy!!!

AllenKG2001

I've been playing BCM now for a while these last few weeks, my current game is about 16 hours into.

I have to say that I have loved every minute of it!!

I've only come across a few probs with the game which most are known and currently being sorted out so thats fine with me. All said, I still feel that there may need to be a few changes made to some areas of the game.

My current game as I said is 16 hours into and I'm already a Strategic Commander about to be a Tacops Commander( alot of this time was spent trying to work out or get working, planetry assaults which I later found out half the the things I wanted to do were known bugs, never mind I didn't really have a problem with this as we all know SC is working on it).

I just feel the game is a little to easy in some parts. Capturing a space station for example, cloak, jump to station and shoot with PA IOD till SOS and then capture. Works every time with no-one even shooting at me.

Shooting down anything is easy, be it a super carrier or a small fighter, just as soon as their in my scope, let of loads of missiles and BANG, their dead.

At this point I should say that I'm not complaining, just more pointing out things that may have been over-looked! I wonder if anyone else has noticed this? Also, I'm NOT using any cheats!

I think that the artifact upgrades should not be able to be used until the RE has analyzed them, like the TA shield and PA IOD.

Also, the PA IOD should have a shot period and then a re-charge time. By this I mean, it will shoot for a while, then you have to wait for it to re-charge. This will stop the ability to just cloak and use it on space stations.

I think also, the HSSD(Hyperion Sub Space Device) should have a re-charge for it as well, to stop jumping to a system, and if there is loads of bad guys, just jumping away again like a coward.

Lastly, I think the experience points to go up ranks should be increased to make it longer to become higher ranked.

How does anyone feel about any of the above and like I say their just ideas and NOT complaints? Does anyone else have different ideas?

Looking forward to MP and BCMG.

Well, specifically ignoring all items that may be construed as a wish list, I found much of the same to be true myself. Capturing stations is impossible easy, and blowing up bases is even easier. I have never been hit with a missile while my EMD was active no matter how many were fired at me, and the only type of space craft I have trouble with is a fighter, and thatÔÇÖs the kind of trouble where I say ÔÇ£oh bother, this isnÔÇÖt worth wasting missiles onÔÇØ and fly off. Also, you donÔÇÖt get experience for destroying a disabled craft or structure, which works fine most of the time except that it is common for a craft or structure to be disabled a moment before it is destroyed, thus depriving you of the experience. My strategy is to always make kills with my main gun set on 100%, and it even works most of the time.

Whether these are problems or features I will leave up to SC and cohorts With the exception of the experience (which may be intended to be that way, I dont know) nothing I listed really bugs me, but it does seam a little odd so Im pointing it out. Yep, pointing it out, as if everyone reading this hasnt made the same observations

quote:

I have never been hit with a missile while my EMD was active no matter how many were fired at me

Nor have I, but I couldn't help but notice this in the original post...

quote:

Shooting down anything is easy, be it a super carrier or a small fighter, just as soon as their in my scope, let of loads of missiles and BANG, their dead.

I predict loads of MP trouble in somebody's future.

BTW, O' Lady of the Giant Mythical Reptiles, check your PMs when you have a chance.

[ 10-06-2002, 03:30 AM: Message edited by: Litvyak ]

Guest Grayfox

ok remember the first time people said taking stations was easy??? anyone??? buehler? buehler??

i do... here we go again...

*gets out notepad*

time to make another kill list

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

ok remember the first time people said taking stations was easy??? anyone??? buehler? buehler??

i do... here we go again...

*gets out notepad*

time to make another kill list

ahahahaha!! yep, I remember that one

He thinks he's smart; trying to hide wish list items inside what he thinks are design issues. And Adam is correct in his assumption. They are things he wishes were different. In my book, that makes them wish list items. No?

That said...

1. The capture method will be revised in BCG. At the very least, it will include the transporting of marines to the target station and hoping they don't get killed. I discussed this once before. Their success determines whether or not you capture the station. And you can monitor their progress from Perscan (whether they are in a target station, base or capital ship). So, I'm not going to do anything to change this in BCM games.
  2. If you think its easy to shoot down anything, then you should play using your own method of difficulty: don't upgrade any of your ship systems; don't use cloak, only use wimpy missiles, don't use artifacts etc etc
  3. The last time I checked, you can't use artifacts unless they had been researched by the RE. Are you sure this is happening? If so, on which artifacts? You had better be certain of this, because if you send me on a wild goose chase - and waste my time - you're going to regret it.
  4. I can't keep making stations more and more powerful. Its just going to ruin the game for everyone. If you're good, be joyful about it. Nothing wrong with that. We've already had this debate and the result was even more powerful stations. A lot of people whined about it. I don't plan on revising it again.
  5. The way the artifacts work will not be modified. You have two choices (1) use them (2) or don't.
  6. The EP and ranking system will not be modified.

quote:

just more pointing out things that may have been over-looked!

rubbish! They're things you wish were different. Nothing wrong with that, but don't try to hide this and think we're stupid and won't notice.

[ 10-06-2002, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Crush:

just wanted to add that i have also noticed that some artifacts can be used without researching them, first thing i get is the TA shield and it works with no research.

Your RE must be a pretty smart cookie.

Since the AI of your crew is always random when starting a new game, try using the TAS when Ms Lannix has an AI of around 18. She will tell you,

"I have no idea how this thing works."

Suggestion: Check the Artifact requirements again.

quote:

I can't keep making stations more and more powerful. Its just going to ruin the game for everyone. If you're good, be joyful about it. Nothing wrong with that. We've already had this debate and the result was even more powerful stations. A lot of people whined about it. I don't plan on revising it again.

No, I wouldnÔÇÖt think that would be a solution at all. No matter how powerful a station is, it makes no difference when youÔÇÖre cloaked or hiding in one of its blind spots. IÔÇÖm assuming that everyone here knows that you can operate your cloaking device while jumping (and without expending iridium) by turning it on prior to the jump and that is how itÔÇÖs supposed to work.

quote:

Originally posted by Crush:

just wanted to add that i have also noticed that some artifacts can be used without researching them, first thing i get is the TA shield and it works with no research.

And when exactly were you ladies planning on reporting it (in the proper forum) with descriptions on how to reproduce it 100%?

I've just deleted two posts in this thread. This is not the thread of this and if I see another bug report in the wrong forum, I'm banning the person without a warning.