Ship Names

IceCold

The Star Wars Timothy Zahn books.... Name of Grand Admiral Thrawn's ship... also the name of a mythical creature.

I chose Oni for the name of my ship. Just because it means "Demon" in Japanese. I also named my fighter that... (I'm the only fighter pilot in the ISS)

[ 12-11-2002, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: CedricB ]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, your way into Tolkien. Can you actually speak Elvish? I have a friend who can...scary.

To stay on topic, I used the ship name GCV-Defiant for my CC. The only other name I'd ever use, when I was playing a different race/caste/career is Orcus Aquinus. It means "Bringer of Death" in Latin.

Quite simply MozartÔÇÖs greatest piece of music....GCV - Requiem II

The "II" is there because the first one blew up in a freak accident.... read about it at the alpha wing "Commanders logs" at the prime fleet forum!

My good old ship is the Infinity's Abyss, I don't really remember where or how I though it up, just that it had a nice feel to it. Used it for a long time, since the second time I got my hands on the free version of BC3K 1.x.

Sometimes though I like to use its sister ship, the Eternity's Well.

I have two ships, one of them is a Battle Cruiser MKII named Soulblade which is the last name of man who took Serondal in as a Child and became his father. He's named his ship the Soulblade for the purpose of remembering him.

The second ship belongs to my other AE Charles Bradley (My name, woah ;P) And it is named GVC Louisville which is where I obviously live. I've always liked ships named after Cities and States. That ship is a Nightstar and hasn't at much success. I can't even seem to destroy an enemy figter with it!

Any whoo, those are my current ship's names.

[ 12-20-2002, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: Serondal ]

Hello,

quote:

Originally posted by IceCold:

My vessel is the

I always use Dragon as a name, because I'm an Ultima dragon, or Red Dwarf, when I'm going anywhere and have no idea what I'm doing or where I'm going

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag

I always call my main AE Psirat, so I always make a play on this in the asset name. I just moved up to an Aestrom (much different from a MkIII), and moved up to the name PsiLance. Lance 'cause we're playing calvary, focusing on ground ops, and also it's a pun on Silence - which I hope to do to my enemies.

So far, I've been the one silenced. We decloaked under a raider station, hoping we were in a blind spot. We were disabled in under a second. Ooops. (Restore)

Ground ops have been a little more successful.

Hail Fellow Warriors..

I too have glanced through all the Interesting

names for our Beloved Command Crafts..

I myself have researched the Linage of Greek/ Roman mythology, and Liken to a few other Commanders have Choosen the Greko/Roman Mythology,

Name sake and have christen my CC

GCV Ulysses

I started by using a number of traditional RN ship names, mostly but not exclusively WWI & WWII battlecruisers, carriers, and cruisers (seemed somehow appropriate!). These included Repulse, Renown, Courageous, Glorious, Invincible (didn't last long!), Intrepid, Indefatigable, and Fearless. My current ship is the Firestorm class GCV Valeria Victrix, named for the Roman XX Legion.

If I am to say anything, I've named my ship (GCV-Rickenbacker) after a dropship that originated in 2nd part of the System Shock game. My first ships, however, were named after RN ships, but not from WW2 - GCV-Leander, GCV-Trafalgar etc.

Now my ship's got this name. And I'm proud of it.

quote:

Originally posted by IceCold:

The Executor is the name for the super star destroyer that crashes into the death star in Return of the Jedi. It is Darth Vader's command ship.

or rather in this case WAS

Home One is the name of the Rebl Alliance capital ship in that same movie. another name from Star Wars is the Medical Frigate Redemption which i learned from the Rgoue Squadron games.

god i'm such a geek!

the entreprise (heavy cruiser) is so small, a ISD is bigger, and carries a bunch of fighters and other misc. vessels

the imperator is 1 mile (1.65km) in lenght almost precisely, and the executor is around 18 miles (30km) ... and boasts a HUGE support fleet ...

exactly (from the data I got) :

57 TIE Squadrons(684) of varying types

15 TIE Interceptor Squadrons(240)

5 TIE Bomber squadrons(60)

5 TIE Avanced squadrons(60)

1 Skipray Blastboat Squadrons(12)

4 Assault Gunboat Squadrons(48)

6 X-14 Missleboats

50 Lambda-Class Shuttles

20 Gamma-Class Shuttles

300 Sentinel-Class Landing Craft

100 Delta-Class Transports

100 AT-AT Walkers

200 AT-ST Walkers

100 LAV Chariots

450 CAV's

250 HAV's

15 Mobile Command Bases

the entreprise is a peanut compared ...

[ 12-23-2002, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

the imperator is 1 mile (1.65km) in lenght almost precisely, and the executor is around 18 miles (30km) ... and boasts a HUGE support
fleet

exactly (from the data I got) :

57 TIE Squadrons(684) of varying types

15 TIE Interceptor Squadrons(240)

5 TIE Bomber squadrons(60)

5 TIE Avanced squadrons(60)

1 Skipray Blastboat Squadrons(12)

4 Assault Gunboat Squadrons(48)

6 X-14 Missleboats

50 Lambda-Class Shuttles

20 Gamma-Class Shuttles

300 Sentinel-Class Landing Craft

100 Delta-Class Transports

100 AT-AT Walkers

200 AT-ST Walkers

100 LAV Chariots

450 CAV's

250 HAV's

15 Mobile Command Bases

the entreprise is a peanut compared ...

SC, would you please, please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE add this ship to BCG? Thanks in advance....