Galaxians - The Thirteenth Race

Kalshion

SC I have a bit of a question concerning the Galaxians.

In BCG will the Galaxians make a come back? and if so what role would they play?

Im unsure if this was asked before but if so then sorry.

btw for those of you know don't read the appendix here is the little insert about them

quote:

Absolutely NOTHING is known about this elusive group of aliens now known as The Thirteenth Race. In fact, the Galaxian name of this race comes from ancient scriptures found amongst the relics of an ancient Droidan civilization. It is speculated that they are the originators of this galaxy and are responsible for bringing the very first species to it.

There is talk of a crashed probe located on a planet deep within a Supernova in the Vega Eridani system. Nothing else is known - and so far, all monitoring of this probe have revealed NO further clues as to the existence and/or whereabouts of this race.

Crashed Probe?? you would think we would've found it oh well thats what im going to look for tomorrow =)

[ 01-04-2003, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

"rumors" says they are made of 100% energy that they could be the source of life in the galaxy, and that they will be something regular to kill in BCO.

of course .. rumors ... are rumors

the plotline should talk a little more about galaxians in BCG. to what extent? unknown so far.

I figure'd you couldn't sense you can't even find them ingame..

And I know you can't be them cause there not listed in the Race menu..

However what baffles me is that I spent 4 hours in Vega Eridani and didn't find the probe..

I know im overlooking something

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

I spent 4 hours in Vega Eridani and didn't find the probe..

Sorry but, right now, I can't figure out a better way to say it but...

4 HOURS???

What happened out there?

Anyway, I guess anyone can have eventually a blackout...

By the way, have you read the Supernova 02 topic? Me and others have a few posts about that probe and... more...

In fact, the Galaxian name of this race comes from ancient scriptures found amongst the relics of an ancient Droidan civilization

if the ancient Droidans knew about this Galaxian race then the present time Droidans should know something about the Galaxians noone else knows.

if that rumor about the ancient Droidans is correct then the Droidans are hiding SOMETHING.

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

I figure'd you couldn't sense you can't even find them ingame..

And I know you can't be them cause there not listed in the Race menu..

However what baffles me is that I spent 4 hours in Vega Eridani and didn't find the probe..

I know im overlooking something

Fluxfields, boys. Use them fluxfields.

What you search for is the planet Obsidia In the Vega Eridani system. (Remember? Planetary systems? It is in Vega Eridani, but that's just the name of the general area.) There is a specific region (the only one marked on the map), and a probe will lie there. Beyond Obsidia is a wormhole to a rather interesting supernova in the region, which appears to contain a planet, StarGazer. There also appears to be a planet region there, under the "Gal/Exp" listing, but is empty.

The probe is real. The truth is out there.

The mystery surrounding all of this is the fact that there's a planet out there, with only fluxfields as a way in. (Alteris.) If you observe the Galaxy Map Links map from your Appendix (Nav Chart Page), fluxfields appear to have been placed "strategically" to make the galaxy "smaller".

According to Appendix Data, the Droidans and Syrions both keep the region extremely restricted.

The appendix states that "[syrions] refuse to be referred to as cyborgs and think of themselves as organisms that have descended from a higher intelligence," which would hint at the actual existance of the Thirteenth Race themselves. And the fact that there are rumors surrounding the origins of fluxfields coming from Syrions and Droidans also increases the assumption that the Galaxians were, in fact, a "super-species" of sorts.

Anyway, I'm out for now. Exploring the galaxy and speculating about stuff is how most of current information was uncovered. (Lol, and I remember being the first one to post about the probe.) I think I hold the most conclusive (not really, though) speculation and information regarding the Galaxians, Droidans, and Syrions at the moment, besides SC's own information. Still, there's nothing more powerful than the truth.

Maybe Galaxians are the solution to permanent death. If they are the originators of life in the universe, perhaps they have some control over it. . . and they capture your spirit energy or something and spit you back out on the nearest planet.

Just a thought. I don't think that death in BCO has ever been discussed thouroughly besides that it is "permanent," but that might have changed too. I believe that an RPG in which you are constantly starting over with new characters might become a little tedious, IMHO. This is just a thought, not a request, not a fact, etc as to what the Galaxians might be.

I have to agree with Cmdr Nova's conclusion. The best explanation is that Droidans and Syrions have a very close relationship with the Galaxians, although they try to cover it very, very well. Otherwise, why would they spend so much Iridium to maintain an entire starstation in Obsidia cloaked? If there isn't a starstation out there, would someone explain to me how could Droidan and Syrion cruisers appear out of nowhere at a certain orbital position, very close to the planet itself? As we know, a cruiser can not cloak, so... what else could it be?

I've investigated this area of space myself and was similarly foiled (as everyone else) by the planet and the probe. I did notice the cloak interference but I assumed one of my thousands of enemies had followed me. Anyway, some questions for you guys:

1) Has anyone tried to RANDOM Obsidia and see if it can be made tolerable to ships/organics?

2) Has anyone tried to figure out where this station is - based on where these ships are coming out of - and, perhaps, hailling, or just shooting blindly? Anyone with the front mounted laser weapon should have a field day with this.

The appendix didn't say they created life in the universe, but only seeded the galaxy with it's first lifeforms. It's only speculation, as well.

quote:

Originally posted by APOLLO:

I have to agree with Cmdr Nova's conclusion. The best explanation is that Droidans and Syrions have a very close relationship with the Galaxians, although they try to cover it very, very well. Otherwise, why would they spend so much Iridium to maintain an entire starstation in Obsidia cloaked? If there isn't a starstation out there, would someone explain to me how could Droidan and Syrion cruisers appear out of nowhere at a certain orbital position, very close to the planet itself? As we know, a cruiser can not cloak, so... what else could it be?

There isn't any station out there. I've checked the game's data files.

There are, in fact, cloaked carriers that prowl the region, and several other regions (supernovae) in space. Cruisers cannot cloak, but carriers can, and since there aren't any other cloakable objects at the moment, by deduction it has to be carriers. Besides, SC said several times that high-intelligence AI ships do, in fact, roam around certain parts of space while cloaked.

quote:

Originally posted by Gryphon:

Anyway, some questions for you guys:

1) Has anyone tried to RANDOM Obsidia and see if it can be made tolerable to ships/organics?

Used playmod to do this. No apparant effect, as if bombarding a gas planet.

Note:

You can get planetside on Obsidia safely. (If this is what you mean by "making it tolerable".) Put your AE in a shuttle. Launch the shuttle and go for it. There really isn't much of interest down there, from my explorations.

quote:

Originally posted by Gryphon:

2) Has anyone tried to figure out where this station is - based on where these ships are coming out of - and, perhaps, hailling, or just shooting blindly? Anyone with the front mounted laser weapon should have a field day with this.

There is no station, by my understanding. Ships do spawn out of nowhere, on a regular basis.

Some ships are cloaked carriers, which'll launch some fighters, which adds to the illusion of a station being around.

There seems to be alot of traffic in that system as well so something is going on there.

Anyone used the trans matrix device to see if there IS anything cloaked in that system?

I wonder if it is possible someway if it does exist, to dock with it or capture it?

9 of the 10 supernovas help you move around the galaxy much quicker. You can reach Darain in the Trenis system by flux 01 in Jupiter using supernova 03. I've only found 2 other supernovas so far plus there's one Apollo found so that makes 3. Anyone find anymore?

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

I think I hold the most conclusive (not really, though) speculation and information regarding the Galaxians, Droidans, and Syrions at the moment

....or something like that

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

Some ships are cloaked carriers, which'll launch some fighters, which adds to the illusion of a station being around.

There is no station there. Any capital that warps in, is either using an HSD or is auto-generated.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

There is no station there. Any capital that warps in, is either using an HSD or is auto-generated.

I guess I misjudged the tactical situation while I was in Obsidia region. The fact that made the cloaked station possibility stronger to me was that, many transports were indicated to "FLEE", having designated Obsidia as destination target. Obsidia's atmosphere has a really bad effect on any ship's hull and subsystems and I assumed every Cmdr (even AI) should be aware of it and under no circumstances go in there. So, the following question came up to me:

"If not the planet... where else? Why not a station with the planet's name on it?"

It is possible to take support craft down to the planet's surface without taking damage. The shuttles seem to be more resistant to extreme environments than the CC for they can enter a gas giant.

Second note,

If a random has no effect on the planet, and you cannot walk on a seemingly earth like environment, perhaps the planet is not truly there as we see it. Perhaps it is a hologram. This would explain why the probe cannot be removed.