Exploding Earth ScreenShot???

alanspeckman

This one 'blew me away', pun intended.

http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/dci/battl...nium/index.html

Look at the center screen shot, upper right corner. It looks like earth is exploding. Is that possible? If not, how the heck, what the heck is going on is that screenshot??

Al.

Guest Remo Williams

Thats the earth jumping into a new system using some sort of new hyperdrive system can't remember the exact name for it right off hand. SC was experimenting with it quite awhile back and used the earth as a joke I believe.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

Thats the earth jumping into a new system using some sort of new hyperdrive system can't remember the exact name for it right off hand. SC was experimenting with it quite awhile back and used the earth as a joke I believe.

Oh Jeez, that is the funniest thing I have seen all day, the earth coming out of hyperspace. LOL.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

It was a concept shot for a RANDOM weapon or such, where the effect would completely destroy the planet, removing it from space, but since this was too complex to do with the database it was dropped.

You sure about that E5? Maybe you better look at the shot again. I may be wrong but I don't remember the nebula being that color in earth's region. Plus that is HJ FX around the earth not an explosion.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

It was a concept shot for a RANDOM weapon or such, where the effect would completely destroy the planet, removing it from space, but since this was too complex to do with the database it was dropped.

You sure about that E5? Maybe you better look at the shot again. I may be wrong but I don't remember the nebula being that color in earth's region. Plus that is HJ FX around the earth not an explosion.

I'm saying what Derek said. let me dig up the original post.

I wasn't going to post again at this time, but a great idea came up to me, just right now. I will create a new profile, use playmod and RANDOM Earth to see if some of the fireworks are in the current BCM, too (since I haven't used RANDOM before, still newbie)

quote:

Originally posted by APOLLO:

I think I saw another just-like-Earth planet somewhere else in BCM Galaxy. Maybe that's why the Nebula is different, as I've noticed, too. I will search a little and I'll come back.

that would be the planet Majoris

That image is from the time I was experimenting with the removal of a planet post-RANDOM. The effect was that after RANDOM detonated, about five minutes later the planet would be destroyed too.

I decided against it because then the planet/moon would be forever removed from the game since it won't be able to rebuild.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

That image is from the time I was experimenting with the removal of a planet post-RANDOM. The effect was that after RANDOM detonated, about five minutes later the planet would be destroyed too.

I decided against it because then the planet/moon would be forever removed from the game since it won't be able to rebuild.

DOH! Had me fooled. I must have been absent that day.