Got Mine!

Gallion

And another beginner found his way to the forum. Hi all.

Finally, my copy of BCMG arrived, after two long weeks of waiting and dreaming of BCMG.

Got some problems concerning the stability but hopefully we'll get them fixed.

Anyway I can only support ChuckK's opinion about this game. Simply amazing.

And sorry for my bad english, it's somewhat rusty but perhaps the dictionary is going to be my rescuer.

[ 04-26-2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Praetorian ]

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for making the effort to get me oriented to the board, Tyrn. I think I'm set.

Now, if I could only decide which captial ship I like best (carrier v. crusier, etc.) may be I could make some progress beyond mission four of the commander's campaign.

[ 04-28-2003, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: ChuckK ]

Mine's waiting for me at my parents house (I'm off to visit them for two weeks tomorrow, and decided to have my copy sent there rather than here since shipping to England is a whole lot less than to where I am, sneaky, huh? )

"Mum, dad, great to see you, now gimme my game!"

see ya all out there,

Hello all....I just got BCMG the other day....this is the first BattleCruiser game i have ever seen...it looked real good, so i bought it. So far, it is really cool...just alot to learn

Well, I am in the learning process...but i don't see any real issues with me figuring it out...was playing some dogfights last nite...didn't do too bad....

Well, will talk to everyone later...

• 4 weeks later...

I got it last weekend from my local EB.

Will the extra Gamestop campaign ever be released for people who don't have access to a gamestop? The closest gamestop to me is 3 hours away.

I went to a gamestop after travelling for 2.5 hours and they didn't have it (nor did they really have any games at all, unless you count crapsole games), so I went ahead and got mine at a compusa in that same city, so you all can't say I didn't try. (no, I can't get it online, no CC and not going to get one either)

I just picked up BCMG earlier this week. I've been playing around with it for a few days now and it's great. I was a huge fan of BCM and BC3k and was around on these forums (as simparadox then, I think) back when BCM was first released. Thanks to a lot of family problems I haven't had much over the past year or so to play many games, but it looks like BCMG is going to change all of that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got mine Had to order from the net to get it, as I've yet to find anywhere that stocks in the uk. Gamestation had it on its release list, all the way up to release date, then nothing. Guys said they probably weren't stocking

Cant wait to get into it, been a long running fan. Even have the original silver box one that started it all

quote:

Originally posted by Dunk:

I got mine Had to order from the net to get it, as I've yet to find anywhere that stocks in the uk. Gamestation had it on its release list, all the way up to release date, then nothing. Guys said they probably weren't stocking

Cant wait to get into it, been a long running fan. Even have the original silver box one that started it all

IIRC, Dreamcatcher's European release should've hit the streets since last week. Are you sure its not out in the UK yet?

whoa!! you got the original Silver box release? You geek!! Wrap that baby in protective covering, its a classic collectors item!!

At last, my (preordered) copy arrived yesterday morning.

I ordered at amazon.de. It has a German translated manual inside, and the map is on the inside of the DVD like cover.

Btw., I like those new, "small" boxes. They are easy to pack, and this particular one makes a very professional impression. They, Dreamcather, did a nice job here IMHO...

Best regards

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

The full 150 page
printed
manual?

The small one, around 52 pages, including front and back covers. Last two pages are the two Game Commands pages.

Best regards

quote:

Originally posted by Gudihl:

quote:

The full 150 page
printed
manual?

The small one, around 52 pages, including front and back covers. Last two pages are the two Game Commands pages.

Best regards

I have NO idea what that means. I didn't do a 52 page manual and I certainly don't see how they could shrink the manual from 150 pages down to 52 and have all the information in there. I did include the PDF version of the full manual on the CD. And this is because, due to the smaller DVD-style packaging, there is no way they could fit the US version of the 150 page manual in it.

God only knows whats in that 52 page manual. I haven't even seen the English version of it.

quote:

IIRC, Dreamcatcher's European release should've hit the streets since last week. Are you sure its not out in the UK yet?

I checked all the stores again while I was on lunch today (Game, HMV and Gamestation), and couldn't find it in the stores. Game say they aren't stocking (Game also took over EB when they closed in the UK), and gamestation, although having it on their release lists say they probably arent stocking (at least according to the guys in the shop, this was a real disappointment, as I chased them for weeks before I ordered from the net). If anyone else in the UK has seen it stocked in a shop, please let me know, as I have a few friends who are interested in getting BCM:G

quote:

I have NO idea what that means. I didn't do a 52 page manual and I certainly don't see how they could shrink the manual from 150 pages down to 52 and have all the information in there. I did include the PDF version of the full manual on the CD. And this is because, due to the smaller DVD-style packaging, there is no way they could fit the US version of the 150 page manual in it.

God only knows whats in that 52 page manual. I haven't even seen the English version of it.

Here is the index (on pages 3, 4):

1: Getting Started (5)

1.1 Installation (5)

1.2 Main Menu (5)

2: Starting A Career (6)

2.1 Career Profile Creation (6)

2.1.1 Name/Sex/Race/Caste/Career (6)

2.1.2 Caste/Career Choice Combinations (7)

2.2 The Commander Carreer (7)

2.2.1 Overview (7)

2.2.2 First things first (8)

2.2.3 Exiting your command craft (8)

2.2.4 Support craft control (9)

2.2.5 Flight Crew (9)

2.2.6 Support Crafts (10)

2.3 The Pilot Career (10)

2.3.1 Fighter Crafts (11)

2.3.2 Shuttle Crafts (12)

2.3.3 Other Crafts (13)

2.4 The First Person Careers (14)

2.4.1 Overview (14)

2.4.2 Movement Control (15)

2.4.3 Weapons & Items (17)

3: Interfaces (19)

3.1 Bridge Viewer (20)

3.1.1 ssd (21)

3.1.2 asd (21)

3.1.3 tlm (22)

3.1.4 tdd (24)

3.2 Primary Systems (27)

3.2.1 nid (27)

3.2.2 tacscan (29)

3.2.3 cvd (32)

3.2.4 commlink (34)

3.3 Primary Subsystems (34)

3.3.1 PerScan Computer (34)

3.3.2 TacOps Computer (35)

3.4 Secondary Systems (37)

3.4.1 logistix (37)

3.4.2 tactical (38)

3.4.3 navitron (39)

4: Multiplayer (39)

4.1 Multiplayer modes (39)

4.2 Join a multiplayer server (40)

4.3 Set up a multiplayer server (41)

4.4 Server statistics (41)

4.5 Chatting on a multiplayer server (42)

4.6 Trading on a multiplayer server (42)

4.7 Playing on a fleet server (42)

5: Tutorials (43)

5.1 Instant Action Manual #1 (43)

5.2 Instant Action Manual #2 (45)

5.3 Instant Action Manual #3 (46)

5.4 Instant Action Manual #4 (47)

The Game Commands are listed on pages 49,50.

Now you know, too.

Best regards