Is it just me?

Guest dwilson32

Guest dwilson32

Is it just me or is this game a little boring? It is very detailed and has a lot of features. However the graphics aren't that good and the first person just basicly sucks. I love the concept and would love to play but I can't seem to get interested (first time I can't get interested in a space simulation). Youalmost have to go to school to learn the interface and there is no real tutorial (the Tutorial is a roam mode with no enemies and nothing more). I sure hate it when a game isn't near what it is advertized as being.

The game is definately not for everyone. It's a niche game. It will take some time to learn like any other game, however this one is a bit more involved. If you don't like it..return it and get something you do like.

I have been an avid follower of the series since the "Free CD" that was put out in the gaming magazines. (I held out on joining the forum till BCMG.... hehe i'm a lurker)

I don't know what you mean by the game not being as advertised..... there isn't ANY game out there that lets you do half the things you can in this game. Other than having frustrations keeping money flowing to keep the reactors full..... I hate trading I have had nothing but fun times.

Give it a try .... or don't. Not gonna change the die-hard community.

This is a game that is indeed work to learn. First time I ever played it I felt like giving up multiple times. But this is a game that once you learn it...it will be the standard of freedom that you judge every other game out there that attempts to call itself freeform.(cough*freelancer*cough)

Dont expect scripted battles or storyline unless you are playing the campaign and even then you are still left to your own devices and judgement. You can always go awol and the game wont make you do one thing or another. Depending on what kind of gameplay you are looking for you might want to consider what ship you wanna fly. I dont suggest flying the firestorm, aestrom or stormcruiser unless you are comfortable sitting back and commanding the battle from afar under cloak. If you want quick fast battles where you get in down and dirty...fly a sunflash or warmonger. Or if fighter piloting is your cup o tea then start a fighter scenario or park that fat carrier and take one of its fighters for a spin. Pretty much all I did yesterday was run trader runs in a shuttle and fly a fighter around whackin whatever baddies were dumb enough to pop into my system. This game is the pinnacle of freedom and it scares people that arent used to it. Of course its not flashy compared to today's standards but what do you expect...this isnt BCG . This is the gold version of an already super game. As far as im concerned the gold version is icing on the cake as far as BCM is concerned. Now the next couple pages in BC history are gonna rock the gaming community more than they would care to know hehehe.

Yeah, everyone has their own tastes an opinions, personally, I was getting fed up with some of my other games. I've heard of the battlecruiser games in the past and I decided to download the BCM demo just to test it out and I was hooked, I bought BCM gold and now I'm having a blast with it. Yes, to the person used to normal mainstream games, BCM probably seems boring or bland, but if you feel the need, it's a really challenging game that not only requires intelligence and planning, but also your imagination, which some of these extremely graphicly intense yet poor in gameplay titles just don't seem to offer...

Dwilson32, when I first tried BC3K I was overwhelmed. In fact I shelved the game for a few months before coming back to it.

After getting used to it however I don't think the learning curve is that hard, once you learn the basics you can be flying around the galaxy fairly quick, the more advanced features take a bit more time. Every game has its way of doing things the BC series is just more involved than others (and ultimatly more rewarding)

My advice is to start small - somthing like a fighter pilot or a marine(which will both be definatly given a new lease of live with MP) then once your confident with these move up to something bigger.

These people will never learn, will they?

Here is an email he sent to CAT and which I just got forwarded to me.

NOBODY removed him. So I have NO idea what he's talking about. As you folks know, if someone is removed, his profile reads that it is unregistered.

Given the email below, NOW he has been removed and his profile deleted and added to the ban list.

This is the kind of crap we have to put up with and people call me harsh.

quote:

To:

Subject: You removed me?

Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 18:40:32 -0500

X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106

I express an opinion and you remove me from the forum? What the hell? I guess you yahoos are feeling guilty about releasing a crap game huh? My forum post was not offensive or vulgar in any way and now you remove me so that I can post and reply. Wow. I thought this was America. Well that's ok because I have other means of exposing you yahoo's as rip offs.