GG threads

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Oh NO, if you say his name (or Battlecruiser) 3 times, HE will appear .

Thats hilarious. Barely started readin and I couldnt resist but comment on that one haha

and This one too was so perfect timing.

quote:

Countdown to DS appearing and berating you for being stupid...3..2...1..

Just finished reading. Quite a nice positive set of threads. Nice to see a forum converstation without the inevitable jack-in-the-box troll.

[ 04-24-2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Forever Light ]

quote:

There is a defense against them

1. Cloaking system

2. EMD system

3. Hyperspace

4. Team of marines

Plus, the game does not allow them to transport anything other than humans on to your ship. So that thing about transporting bombs to your ship, is moot.

If I disabled the ability to transport with the shields up, then, considering how cheap shield minerals are, you'd never get boarded and several features which were implemented for the sheer fun factor (e.g. panicking when you hear of intruders and you subsequently stare at the Perscan screen as your hapless marines file their nails) would never be experienced.

I mean, the sheer hilarity of staring at the Perscan screen and knowing that some pointy eared wanker has somehow lifted an entire reactor block from your cargo bay, has it on his shoulder and is, right about now, running down AFT Corridor 1 to a shuttle bay, is just something you rarely get to experience in a game.

Or, knowing that the pair of intruders fiddling around in the Launch Bay, are about to kill your two best fighter pilots, scramble the launch codes for your fighter and steal it.

Or, knowing that the four bastards milling about in the Launch Bay, have, between them, half your fortune shoved into a shuttle and just waiting for an AI tick to occur so they can take off.

....is not something you can ignore.

For me, during design, development and testing, I can stare at Perscan for long periods, just thinking up all manner of funny things that I can imagine going on with those pesky intruders.

.....which is what got me thinking ....what if you could do that in full 3D? I mean, look at Perscan, see two intruders strolling down AFT Corridor 1 as if they owned the damn ship. Then you hit a button, enter the ship in 3D, grab a weapon and go after the barstards. Thats how I came up with the idea for the first person in ship module (BCTC) I dreamt up several years ago and which I hope to implement in BCO or the XBox game based on the BC universe.

You just have to use your imagination. Everything feature in this game, was carefully thought out. I didn't just sit down one morning and figured that I would allow transporting through shields, just because. I had a reason for doing that. The same reasons which drive the games in this long running series. While not logical to you, they are logical to me. Hence me being the designer of the game that I envisioned. See what I mean? Why ask why?

im sorry SC, but that was just to funny. the whole time i was reading it, i could picture it happening. especially the part about an intruder taking a reactor block on his shoulder and taking it though the ship to the shuttle bay.

Must resist urge to tell kidnapping stories...mmmuuusssttt find neeewww and exciting things about the AI.

Intruders are a riot and a major PITA, they make me want to flog Resnig everytime they appear. Sure it's not his fault they beamed aboard, but sending a handful of marines in their underwear to deal with a slew of GAM/CRI intruders? ROAST HIM!

OTOH, I love to watch PERSCAN when the bridge crew is off duty, better than any soap or sitcom could hope to be:

Why are Tommy and Sandy always heading off to the galley together? Better yet, exactly why were Medic 1 and Marine 15 in Shuttle 2 when it was launched on a cargo run? Right, searching for injured and intruders. Sure, right, that would explain why they were both in Shuttle 4 yesterday when the shuttle launched to help capture that disabled TER/INS Infiltrator near Polaris-1.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! Wonder why Resnig was on the transoporter just before Ii accedentaly hit the button to send him beaming down to Venus. OOPS, ohh well I'll come back for him later. HE HE HE

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

hehe, thats nothing. Have you heard the one about intruders kidnapping crew? No? search for the word kidnap or kidnapping on the forum and you'll find the thread. Pretty funny one, that.

Oh I remember that!

• 4 months later...

New thread up on the GG boards. Once again, the thread only lasted about 3 posts before the get-a-lifers showed up to offer their articulate, insightful comments.

I hope to survive long enough to witness a UC/BC thread outside the 3000AD domain, which remains 100% game related. Do I have too much faith in humanity?