Any way to start the game on "hard" setting?

Epsilon 5

I don't know about other people, but personally combat in BCM is very easy for me. I can kill ships and fighters in little time, and unless I screw up, I never die, or to the least, rarely suffer heavy damage.

I believe that derek stated the enemy average AI levels increase as your crew AI increase, but this can take very long under unfavorable conditions. Is there a way to start a game and fight more skilled opponents right from the start?

my point exactly, I want the enemy to be harder more often. There's nothing challenging to me in the game, except for the stations that kill you before anyone can blink an eye (unless you,re cloaked, then you can get in position and kill it just like you want)

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

my point exactly, I want the enemy to be harder more often. There's nothing challenging to me in the game, except for the stations that kill you before anyone can blink an eye (unless you,re cloaked, then you can get in position and kill it just like you want)

Well its a good thing for you MP is here then. Now you'll have plenty of DeD time on your hands and it won't even take a station. It will probably even be friendly fire from time to time.

quote:

Use a shittier ship then... Try kicking booty in a Canlon, maybe that'll be difficult enough for you then.

No seriously though, I do agree the game is unquestionably easy sometimes Epsilon, its just I realize that each ship has a different AI level. Besides, don't you ever get chased by the high AI dudes? Maybe its just that I'm an Insurgent, but I've lost my share of battles against them. I've had to back out in more than I really care for.

Try playing the game in a weak Heavy Cruiser if you arn't already, that should increase the difficulty for you then.

quote:

So, stop playing then. Whats so hard about that?

Hey, i didn't make the killboard for my faction in Planetside twice for nothing

And btw, I always play with the Sunflash. i can,t stand the slow hyperdrive times for the bigger ships.

The easyness of the game is another reason why I want the GBS, so I can give me a challenge. i want to try fighting 20 various ships using my sunflash

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

How many times did you have to be killed to make it up on the board anyway?

quote:

This ain't Planetside

quote:

And btw, I always play with the Sunflash. i can,t stand the slow hyperdrive times for the bigger ships.

The easyness of the game is another reason why I want the GBS, so I can give me a challenge. i want to try fighting 20 various ships using my sunflash

Have you tried he bunny scenario?

That one should give you a thrill

quote:

Oh yeah, thats an accurate comparison

quote:

The Sunflash has similar HD settings as most in its class. In fact IIRC the Solnar and Starcruiser are merely 5 secs slower. So thats nothing.

quote:

The easyness of the game is another reason

If the game is so easy, why don't you post a saved game for us which shows gameplay of a standard career and with your AE at the peak of his career (i.e. highest rank, no violations, high AI crew, about 80% of the medals and at least a year or so older). And no cheating because I can detect a Playmod signature in a saved game. But I'm sure you already knoew this.

Just because you can play for a few mins and not get killed, bears no relevance to the game being easy. Surviving a career (the WHOLE premise of the game) is where the skill is.

Even then, if the game was so easy, then why are playing with a ship that is literally the top of its class? huh?

quote:

why I want the GBS, so I can give me a challenge. i want to try fighting 20 various ships using my sunflash

Well you have a long wait. And even when I do release it, you won't be able to use it probably, for what you're thinking.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

The bunny scenarion? I'm afraid to ask just what that is. Bunny posts on this forum are like tribbles.

quote:

...well then of course its easy...

The Sunflash is one of the most powerful ships in the game. I used to play with it but switched to the Questar for faster speed. Yea, I've suffered a little weapon decrease, but in the end it was worth it.

Seriously, try it with a different ship. The Appendix is your friend for finding HD times.

Oh, and I'd like to see your savegame of a career too. I'm interested to see how much exp you've got.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

The bunny scenarion? I'm afraid to ask just what that is. Bunny posts on this forum are like tribbles.

I believe he is refering the the insurgent scenario... kida like refering to the Galcom one as the "lemming campaign."

Here you go a new script E_5's Folly

Similar to the Bunny and Stormcarrier scripts

get it here

http://www.cmdrpugwash.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

edit link edited navigate from the home page to downloads to find the script

or read this thread if you don't know what to do with the files.

[ 05-31-2004, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

quote:

try using the /cheat commandline for BCM to to this.

u can create things to fight against from the Cheats dropdown menu on the right of the screen