Appropriate Music

Vlad

I Was wondering if anybody had any good music suggestions. Ive done a little music adding myself. Such as changind BCM_Theme to The star wars anthem get a laugh out of it every time i start, I'm adding WAR-Why cant we be friends. Already have the wheels on the bus on there and Yankie Doodle. Just wonder if anybody had found any music that compliments the game as well as the original track does. As I also said sometimes I just turn off the music and throw a HATEBREED or SLIPKNOT CD on. Who says music corrupts the soul.

START THE MOSH PIT MASSACRE

Hatebreed ay

I find when calmly cruising between locations abit of sci-fi sounding synth pop by XPQ-21, The Droyds and OMD goes quite well

When in the midst of bloody combat I recomend the harsh pounding EBM sounds of Velvet Acid Christ, Cubanate, Front Line Assembly and especially the song "war" by :Wumpscut: to get the heart bounding and the afterburners on overdrive

VLAD, I would suggest Oakenfold, Crystal Method, or just about any other techno-band as well.

I'll tell you what, start up some Daft Punk, particularly "Around the World" and then load up BC and do some marine IA. That just kicks ass.

Oh, and if you have a subwoofer tap it out man. And I mean tap it out. I've got a tube woofer on my computer and I suffer short term hearing loss after I play that song.

I play in my stereo 'Hands in the Air' by 8Ball while i'm playing. Helps time go by faster.

Also I like singing the part "Now if u feel me put your hands up in the air, if u feel me put your hands up in the air" while i'm sending missiles downrange at a enemy Sonar or Megaron. Because i wonder if they're running around on the ship with their hands up screaming "You feel that, we're going to die!!!!"

lol...no seriously.

Out of interest I've wondered if BCM uses it's own MP3 player or whether it just uses Winamp?

I'm curious because most of my CD collection is ripped to the OGG Vorbis format (I consider it superior to MP3).

There is a song by Bush (on the science of things cd, track 6) called "40 miles from the sun"

It goes perfectly when you are drifting in space because you have been disabled in some big battle and are likely about to die or blow up or something along those lines

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Neither. It uses a sound library capable of MP3 music playback.

OK, so presumably there's no OGG Vorbis capability then? At least I know that putting in M3U playlists would be a Bad Idea. I don't really want do do anything that would likely crash BCM. It's still kinda 'cranky' on my computer.

• 2 weeks later...

The Ground Control soundtrack fits nicely.

One thing I'm wondering about, though - how did you change the in-game music? I've been running Winamp in the background, but I've been looking for a way to change the ingame so that I can control it while playing. The problem is that if I add more files it doesn't notice them, and if I replace the existing ones it won't play them.

Trapt - Headstrong

Drowning Pool - Bodies

Various Linkin Park, Evanescence, Twelve Stones, Slipknot, Metallica, and other rock.

Those are pieces I listen to whilst in the heat of a large attack.

Anytime else, I listen to lighter songs, like techno/trance, and some lighter rock. Instrumental stuff with like, that power feeling. Some rock/classical like Trans-Siberian Orchestra is nice, too. Blue Man Group. Etc.

I dunno. Haven't had time to play BC much recently. But that's what I was listening to last time.

Well, howdy!

I was lookin at yall's Ideas about music. I'm a partime musician here in beautiful downtown apache junction & I can honestly say that after I do one of my gigs, the last thing I wannna listen to when I blast off into batttlecruiser land is to listen to normal, 3 or 4 chord, predictable, popular music. If you really want to expand your brain to something other than the usual mush that the various radio stations & media b@#$@#$!! shoves & brainwashes everybody to listen to... try some decent classical music. Please don't tell any of the biker dudes that listen to the usual mush that I sing & play in my one man band act that I suggested anything that might be creative, they'll tie me to their harley's & drag me down apache hwy!!

For a great battlecruiser experience(like a movie soundtrack that is original to your own unique senerio, I might suggest some stuff from a fellow who conducted my high school band back before George Washington crossed the delaware(my spelling ain't so good because I spend too much time with women, wine & bad lounge music). Anyway,

try using..... Mahler's 3rd Symphony, Holst's 'The Planets', Smetena's 'My Fatherland'

Beethoveen's 6th, 3rd, & or 9th(It's great if you've had too much Arizona Payotee), & Brahms 2nd Symphony(I like a lot of really loud brass parts) Dvoriak(misspelled)'s 8th, 5th, & 9th symphony's are really dynamic background stuff for blowing away the bad guys in space. Aran Copland's symphony #3(I hope that's right) has a cool brass deal in it called the Fanfare for the Common Man that'll blow the socks of anything that was ever written for the movie scores.

Whew!! Damm... It's hard for an old dude like myself to recommend anything other than 'REALLY OLD STUFF' But... most of our popular music(& I can say this cause I made my living doin' music for about 20yrs.) is really based on the classics.

Sh@#$@#$@!! Almost forgot. Bach Brandenburg Concertos.... Technical stuff... but sergeons(misspelled) listen to it when they put people under the blade... Laser fire might get more accurate in the Battlecruiser world... who knows??

Ok... gotta go... My lady(I call her my boss) is gonna get pissed if I ramble to you young'uns' for too long...

But when you find a good classical piece that's the real stuff(not the watered down crap that you hear in a lot of movies & TV show's... you'd be suprised how much of a mind expander it can be..

Battle on & use your savy to conquer the bad guys & terrorist bas@#$@#$er@##$ds that ruin life for the rest of us...

Sincerely,

Ralph (the OOOOOld dude)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new suggestion for the Nutzo and Insane like me add some SIX FEET UNDER (not the show, the band). Ive Added Metallica-One, and AC/DC Highway 2 Hell. The Bush Sugestion was great too Thanx.

Also I have encountered a problem with some of the Mp3's. I add some of them and when its their turn to play the sound completely turns off, and I cant get it back on. Ive checked they are all 128Kbps. but the game Halts the music and even if i turn the music of and then back on the music doesnt come back. any suggestions for a fix? Ive been just ousting the songs and dealing with it.

DEATH METAL forever