Marines die in shuttles

Eversor

Every once in a while, the marines in my shuttles die. One of the times, they had deployed mining drones on the moon(earth) and I ordered them to return to base. When the shuttles came back, three of the marines were dead. Anybody know what happened?

I don't know...I sent them to deploy and called them right back...I don't think they starve that quickly...and also, everytime the shuttles return, they are damaged...I don't know what these guys are crashing into (guessing the ground)..maybe thats what kills them? In that case, maybe someone should tell them that the mining drones are supposed to drill into the rock, not the shuttle...

One reason is that the marines that fly in these shuttles have problems with safe landing, especially when they have low AI. Second thing: you have only one shuttle launch bay. It means that the crafts you're deploying will clog in one place, hitting each other. To see this, target one of them and watch how they fly to a planet. Solution: give some more thrust to the engines while deploying to keep the CC moving. Hope that helps.

I know that random injuries happen. (I read that in the manual about the reasons for medics.) I'm just not used to personnel dying like that. Esp. not 3 of them...But at least marines are cheap...

I'll try moving my ship so they don't dock at the same time...

quote:

Originally posted by Eversor:

Every once in a while, the marines in my shuttles die. One of the times, they had deployed mining drones on the moon(earth) and I ordered them to return to base. When the shuttles came back, three of the marines were dead. Anybody know what happened?

If they have bad AI they sometimes can't land with out damaging some systems (Resnig trained).

This happened to me (Life support was knocked down to 50%) So when the marine came back his fatigue was high and was losing HP. Check the status of your shuttles for damage.

Hope that helps.

Eversor, the shuttles are most likely colliding with each other, if you deploy all your shuttles at the same time you will increase the chances that they will collide. Try deploying them one at a time and wait until their shields are raised and on their way before deploying the next one. It may take you a few more seconds to get them all launched but you will find this will decrease their chances of colliding with each other. This proceedure will give you less dead marines and damage to your shuttles.