need a manual

Don Francisco

Hey Everyone

Hey I bought this game used but it just came with the CD in the jewel case. It seems almost impossible to play without a manual. Does anyone know where I could get one in .pdf or .txt format or anything?

Any help would be appreciated. This game looks cool so I'd really like to play it. Not to mention that I don't really want my money going to waste.

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Don Francisco:

Hey Everyone

Hey I bought this game used but it just came with the CD in the jewel case. It seems almost impossible to play without a manual. Does anyone know where I could get one in .pdf or .txt format or anything?

Any help would be appreciated. This game looks cool so I'd really like to play it. Not to mention that I don't really want my money going to waste.

Thanks

Which game?

Where did you buy it from?

And what is the serial number (send it to me via PM) on the CDROM?

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

:prepares a firing squad: On your order SC.

[rp]

Good Luck Bandus, my marines will be standing by incase you guys fail to hit your mark if thats the case then watch true professionals in action

[/rp]

• 2 weeks later...

I have allmost simmilar problem... Russian localization of game (BCMG) have manual, but its completely useless... First of all its translated using some stupid electronic translator,and most of all information about buttons, ship names, systems... allmost ALL is completely wrong... It taked allmost 5 hours of invistigation of both interface and manual to drop dron to collect ore Also there is still no patches, im still stuck with 1.00.40...

Lot of fun ruined because i can do only flying around universe and collecting ore and selling it

PS: 2/Derek Smart: PLEASE... if u going to sell UC in russia (please hundred times) dont use Akella for it...

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Xellos:

I have allmost simmilar problem... Russian localization of game (BCMG) have manual, but its completely useless... First of all its translated using some stupid electronic translator,and most of all information about buttons, ship names, systems... allmost ALL is completely wrong... It taked allmost 5 hours of invistigation of both interface and manual to drop dron to collect ore Also there is still no patches, im still stuck with 1.00.40...

Lot of fun ruined because i can do only flying around universe and collecting ore and selling it

PS: 2/Derek Smart: PLEASE... if u going to sell UC in russia (please hundred times) dont use Akella for it...

Thanks

Yeah, if they've used one of those PC translation programs I can see the problem. We dabled in those some time ago and to put simply they butchered the target language translation. I'm surprised at Akella cause their english manuals are fine but then again the US publishers took care of that. Oh yeah, SC didn't know about Akella doing the russian distribution it was Dreamcatchers deal. He actually found out about them from this BC forum. Actually, I think I was the one to bring it to SC's attention because I'm usually haunting Akella's site to keep up on game progress and such and I saw BCMG in their games menu.