How does everyone like it?

goatman455

Myself, I only had 2 complaints with the game. The interface is a bit...clunky, The second is that you spend a lot of time just floatin around goin places, or waiting for something to happen instead of really being in the thick of the action a lot. Oh, and it would be pretty neat if the AI fought large scale battles on their own, instead of those little 2-ship skirmishes that happen all over. But thats about it.

quote:

Originally posted by DeepFreeze:

Oh, and it would be pretty neat if the AI fought large scale battles on their own, instead of those little 2-ship skirmishes that happen all over. But thats about it.

He's not playing the same game as us, is he folks?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Oh, and it would be pretty neat if the AI fought large scale battles on their own, instead of those little 2-ship skirmishes that happen all over. But thats about it.

What do you mean? Are you saying there is large scale AI battles in BCM? Because I think I'm going to have to agree with DeepFreeze here. I seem to only find little skirmishes here and there too, nothing huge. The AI seems to never fight in large scale battles on its own or with out player provocation. I've never dropped into a sector to see a huge battle waging by itself, only a little scuffle between a small number of ships at best.

So yah, maybe I'm just missing those big ones, I dont know...

Has anyone experienced this?

quote:

Originally posted by Extinct_Reptilia:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

What do you mean? Are you saying there is large scale AI battles in BCM? Because I think I'm going to have to agree with DeepFreeze here. I seem to only find little skirmishes here and there too, nothing huge. The AI seems to never fight in large scale battles on its own or with out player provocation. I've never dropped into a sector to see a huge battle waging by itself, only a little scuffle between a small number of ships at best.

So yah, maybe I'm just missing those big ones, I dont know...

Has anyone experienced this?

You have not lived until a fleet of insurgents come barrelling in and start taking out the Galcom station. Fighters, capital ships, marines, shuttles, it gets nuts, and of course my poor computer on it's knees trying to keep up with it all.

The insurgent Galcom sectors are the ones you want to watch, because the insurgents go on offense a LOT!!

If you are a merchie or something, which I have been when this has happened in the past, you head out in a straight line to stay out of the carnage, but it is a ball to watch.

Better then the superbowl as far as I am concerned.

Oh, and after the battle is over, get your shuttles launched and start picking up cargo pods, amazing what you will get!! Make enough money to really upgrade after one of these battles royale.

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

Wait... Guinea pigs go oink?

I have no idea, but I thought it would be amusing, and I put a ? mark behind it, just because I was clueless as what noise they do make...LOL

I don't like rodents, so have never held a Guinea Pig, so had not a clue what sound they made.

The only thing that I can think of to do with a rodent is put one in one of those little clear exercise balls, and let my cat play with it.

Besides, "Oink oink", is much more fun then "Squeak squeak" as far as I am concerned!! LOL

I like it a lot.

As for Goatman455, this is how I read ur first post.

"So, what does everyone think of BCMG?"

Good question, although I think that the ppl posting here generally like the game. Does he really want to know what I'm thinking?

"It seems cool, "

You don't say it IS cool so you probably have some comments (my brain instantly remembers the odd feeling it had reading the question).

"but suffers from the same problems as BC3000ad,"

can I get some proof of this, cause I know it is not true, and so should you!

"mainly, steep learning curve."

This is not a problem but a necessity for an interesting game. At this point I stopped taking you serious.

"I do applaud the idea though, this is the ultimate space-fleet simulator."

I agree and I don't mind the use of "fleet" cause you're not playing untill you try to fight for yourself while controlling 4 other cruisers as well.

"I hope Derek will keep the game evolving,"

In regard of the problems you mentioned I find this an odd comment. In fact you come close to contradicting yourself.

"because somewhere burried in this material is an all-time classic."

Me personally I see this game as a tree, planted in the 80' and it's still growing and getting more and more branches. Once in a while a snapshot is taken and you can take an image of the tree home with you. The tree grows (due to Derek's gardening skills) and a year of what later, you buy another snapshot of the same tree but now it's stronger and bigger with an extra branch and some more leaves.

The result of this train of thought is that I think you as a person who does not think before he speaks. And my respect for you goes free-fall.

Hence you get less than nice replies.

quote:

Originally posted by dreadx:

I like it a lot.

As for Goatman455, this is how I read ur first post.

"So, what does everyone think of BCMG?"

Good question, although I think that the ppl posting here generally like the game. Does he really want to know what I'm thinking?

"It seems cool, "

You don't say it IS cool so you probably have some comments (my brain instantly remembers the odd feeling it had reading the question).

"but suffers from the same problems as BC3000ad,"

can I get some proof of this, cause I know it is not true, and so should you!

"mainly, steep learning curve."

This is not a problem but a necessity for an interesting game. At this point I stopped taking you serious.

"I do applaud the idea though, this is the ultimate space-fleet simulator."

I agree and I don't mind the use of "fleet" cause you're not playing untill you try to fight for yourself while controlling 4 other cruisers as well.

"I hope Derek will keep the game evolving,"

In regard of the problems you mentioned I find this an odd comment. In fact you come close to contradicting yourself.

"because somewhere burried in this material is an all-time classic."

Me personally I see this game as a tree, planted in the 80' and it's still growing and getting more and more branches. Once in a while a snapshot is taken and you can take an image of the tree home with you. The tree grows (due to Derek's gardening skills) and a year of what later, you buy another snapshot of the same tree but now it's stronger and bigger with an extra branch and some more leaves.

The result of this train of thought is that I think you as a person who does not think before he speaks. And my respect for you goes free-fall.

Hence you get less than nice replies.

That's kind of harsh, dont u think?

harsh = less than nice

Are you saying you find it too harsh? You could be right. The original text was way too long so I trimmed it down (removing most of the soft parts).

Question for you: Why did you quote me? Do things get clearer by doing that?

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Nowadays, if I'm not aboard my Stormcarrier fine-tuning my probe network as part of my spying duties in Gammulan-space or beaming down planetside for shoreleave with my Exploratory Away Team, then I'll be playing
FS2002
, de-icing my triple-7 midway across a wintry Atlantic whilst setting ILS frequencies and worry about correct altimeter calibrations for landing in pitch darkness somewhere in Europe - and I love it!!

Ah, a man after my own heart. While I'm fairly new to BCMG, what I really love about the game is its similarity to flight sims. I love the open-ended universe, the incredible detail, the ability to set your own agenda and the opportunities to actually use your imagination while playing the game.

Those are many of the same factors I love about FS2002. Man, I'm addicted to that game. There's nothing like plotting your route from LaGuardia Airport through two connections to New Zealand, and flying a B747 through real-time weather, dealing with air traffic control and having the time to watch some gorgeous scenery along the way. Fun stuff.

• 1 month later...

I love it, especially since the .04 patch. I have played many games throughout the years. BCMG is the best I have come across.

I have not been able to aquire UC, as of yet, everyone around here sold out. guess I'll have to order it, and get my new system earlier than planned, but BCMG is the BEST.