Hello im new, i really need some help

I played now for 3 Weeks X2, than yesterday i buyed BCM for 10Ôé¼. Thats Crazy, now i prefer this game and drop X2 away :-p

I have some Question that i cant find in the Manual:

Do all of my Marines equip themselfes with the best weapons + armors i have? (how can my ego take a armor + better guns? i spended about 200.000 cash on new marine equip)

Why are my Marines after Teleporting them down to a enemy base sitting ducks?

While under command of my CC or other space vehicles i can do Planetfall (shift + 8) but all other crafts fly like 15 Minutes down to the Planet :-( Any help there?

Is there a timeacceleration in? its really to slow, if you just want to travel a bit...

I never hit with my Maingun the Groundtargets, they are over my cross and not more than 10km away and they dont take damage?! (Gun at 100%Power)

Thanks for your help :-)

(sorry my english is not very good, im from Germany)

quote:

Originally posted by Darkreaver1980:

Do all of my Marines equip themselfes with the best weapons + armors i have? (how can my ego take a armor + better guns? i spended about 200.000 cash on new marine equip)

Before you send you marines to combat (or searching for intruders) you should use the PREP FOR COMBAT assignment in tactical. They will equip and get briefed and be ready for deployment in a few minutes. You can also toggle the tactical/crew screen between assignment, location and inventory (so you can see what weapons they are carrying)

A marines loadout is determined by their sub-class (Space Force Marine, Earth force marine etc...) Just make sure you have plenty of COMBAT KITS in stock, they use these to restock versus the individual trade items you buy.

quote:

Why are my Marines after Teleporting them down to a enemy base sitting ducks?

Likely becuase they have low AI. Assaulting planetary bases is hard, you need to make tactical plans before hand. Like taking out the bunkers/barracks to minimize the number of enemy marines. Plopping a bunch of green marines in the middle of a hostile base is not the best tactic for success.

quote:

While under command of my CC or other space vehicles i can do Planetfall (shift + 8) but all other crafts fly like 15 Minutes down to the Planet :-( Any help there?

Try setting waypoints on the planet, then make sure you are at least 1000km from the planet and you can use HJ to get there. They will be 150km above the surface and will planetfall at 50km.

quote:

Is there a timeacceleration in? its really to slow, if you just want to travel a bit...

Nope. Use this time to read the manual and manage your assets.

quote:

I never hit with my Maingun the Groundtargets, they are over my cross and not more than 10km away and they dont take damage?! (Gun at 100%Power)

Some structures can only be damaged through missile fire, try using a few ATS missiles on those buildings you are having trouble with.

Thank you very much :-)

So i have to use Prepare for Combat, than my marines crap the brand new Heavy Armors?

Another question: How do i see if my mining drones are full? 4 Drones are on the Moon of Earth and i only see the Shield/Armor/Hull display, are all planets good to mine, or can i scan em?!

I started a new game, this time with the big Megatron, his 10 Guns are amazing :-)

quote:

So i have to use Prepare for Combat, than my marines crap the brand new Heavy Armors?

All those goodies you see in your inventory are mostly for trading to make money. Your marines don't rely on the individual FPS items, they rely on combat kits (under miscellaneous). In other words you can't control what they equip so the money you spent on those FP items (guns, armor etc..) should have been spent buying combat kits (though you start with about 50 of them).

quote:

Another question: How do i see if my mining drones are full? 4 Drones are on the Moon of Earth and i only see the Shield/Armor/Hull display, are all planets good to mine, or can i scan em?!?

When your drones are deployed, go to tactical/loadout then select SC. You will see 1-4 each number representing a shuttle. Pick one, then you will see cargo, team, drone. Pick drone, it will say DEPLOYED XX% full.

You can mine on most planets and moons, but some are deadly. If you want to see the mineral percentage of a given planet/moon, dock with a star station in that sector, go to tradcom and select INFO at the bottom of the screen. If there is no station, then you'll just have to try it and see. (You can also get this info from the appendix under star stations)

quote:

I started a new game, this time with the big Megatron, his 10 Guns are amazing :-)

Yes, the PTA's are your friends, treat them well.

Spend some time searching the forums and read the manual/appendix/vcf/faq. There's lots and lots of info to be read and the answers to your future questions are likely in one of those places.

Uh... my brand new Megatron *crys*

i was at Mars, staring into a enemy mission zone, after 3-5 minutes a missle warning apears. I switched back to the bridge and scanned the area but no enemy ship there, than after another 20 seconds a Missile aproached fast from the Planet, hittet my brand new Megathron and wrecked havoc, i lost controll and crashed on the Planet, 2 Minutes later my Powercore blowed up, with it my wohle ship. Really Amazing :-)

But i dont know who shotted at me, anyone have a hint? I wish i had a nuke, want revenge :-)

I think i know now who fired at me, its called STO Missiles Base, im now back at Mars, found my old mission zone again and scanned it and yes there is a OTS Silo in grrrrrrrrrr.

Time to start some Fightercrafts!

And next time, i switch ECM on ;-)

Another Question: How do i command Marines? there are no icons for it, or do they attack automaticaly?

Do i get something, if i destroy a whole enemy base? like cash? (i reaaallyyy need more cash)

[ 03-02-2004, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Darkreaver1980 ]

Use tacops to command your marines. Hint: It's in the manual and there are some excellent tutorials in the back of the BCMG manual, you do have BCM/G and not just BC right?

You get experience and some moola for destroying/capturing bases. In the appendix (in your docs folder) it lists how exp and cash breaks down for various events. There is also a thread discussing ways to make money. Keep your eye open for cargo pods, they can be a gold mine of things to sell for a hefty profit.

You're new so it's a given, but it's highly recommended you do some more reading before posting too much more lest you risk a scolding (or use the New Commanders forums, it's more forgiving.)

One thing you must do in a hurry is add your profile to your signature.

Click here now!!!

Thanks again, i readed the whole manual. I meeted 2 enemy Fighters, i activated my PTA....nothing....switched Powerlevels....nothing....controlled Powerallocation, all Systems at full power and the PTA still dont fire at the enemy spacefighter?! Any tips on this? I fly a Megatron with 10 Turrets, and not one does fire...

How can i load a game? i can save it + resume, if i do exit, but when my ship is destroyed i cant load my game?!

quote:

How do i see if my mining drones are full?

Go to Tactical then click on Loadout, then click on SC for Shuttle Craft, then click on Drone. On your right you will see the planet that it is deployed on plus the percentage full that it is.

quote:

Megatron with 10 Turrets, and not one does fire...

If you look at the Manual Apendix you will see that the Megaron's Main gun's Maximum Range is 27.5, so if your target is further away than that, your guns will not fire. Also if it is on Autopilot, you may want to command your ship to attack your nearest enemy.

quote:

The Ship wasnt on autopilot and the enemyfighters attacked me under 6km and not one PTA Gun from the 10 fired at em. I dont mean the Maingun, i mean the little 10 Guns on my ship = PTA

Was the PTA system on? You turn it on with CTRL+P

I found it out, the Turrets fire only in a 45-90 Degree radius and not up or down, so i have to turn the ship that the enemy is to 90 Degree. On Planet Attacks i just make 2 Waypoints, behind and the other in front of the enemy base, so my ship turns around, while the PTA Turrets can fire (second waypoint is on Repeat actions), while im on the planet with my Assault Team :-)

Another Question, while in First Person Combat, i dont have a display which says me how much hull/armor the enemy have, can i only kill other marines or Buildings+vehicles to?