BCM pre-orders page at Electronics Boutique

Supreme Cmdr

Getting closer, and it is a good looking package! biggrin.gif

quote:

Someone at EB goofed

That or someone wanted to get a jump on sales..... Now they can claim 'We had it on sale first!'

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commanding Officer, Spectre HQ

Spectre Fleet

ICQ 4669033

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

Kurt, SC has every reason to act however he wishes since he owns the site. I was out of line posting about the proxy. If I had been thinking at the time, I wouldn't have posted.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

Kurt,

you need to lighten up, if SC didn't do that, how could we tell that he loves us?

If the SC takes time to respond, it's either

1: you really pissed him off, and the above wasn't even close to that. or

2: you got his attention, and since you're worth saving he will tell you what you did wrong. See above, or

3: You actually said something good enough for him to actually respond to, and he is actually interested or found it amusing.

There, enough of that, SC what happens when the preorders outnumber the first production runs? I hope it happens!!

cwm35.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Armegeddon

This is not just a game, It's a life unto itself!!

ICQ# 24007233

cwm21.gif

One of the "Old Timers" brought this thread to my attention. He deleted the posting, but saved it prior to explain to me what he's done and why he has done it. To say the least, I'm not a happy camper!

Kurt, You asked to have your account deleted. So be it! Hell, I'd have done it without you asking! You already did that with the post. You've been around long enough to understand what happens in situations like this. Sure the SC's a little rough at times, we all are! Funny thing though, He'll ream you one second and slap you on the back the next. He's always been that way and I hope he always will be that way. He's here to produce a product, a damned fine one at that! He's also here to support that product long after the other game developers have washed their hands of their junk and conned some other company into putting out another piece of their trash! Derek Smart has never dodged a commitment and he's never failed to support what he believes in, be that his game, his team, or his fan base. We in turn OWE him that same loyalty in return. Roll with the punches, they aren't that hard. Those are love taps, and if he didn't give them from time to time this place could be totally out of control. Don't think so? Go to another BB and check them out.

" 'Nuff Said! "

Uncle Rattler

dont need no stinking pre-order.

On the day of release ill knock on the SC's door with a case of old scotch and buy the copy off him (before or after the drinks, whichever works) wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Just placed my pre-order, too.

Hmm, plus $35.00 for shipping & handling for us people living outside the USA. redface.gif

Too bad I am such an impatient guy. Would never been able to wait until it gets released here in Germany. Heh.

Best regards.

------------------

Fleet Commander Joe Gudihl

GCV Dark Star, GALCOM HQ (Earth)

G6 Fleet Leader - Prime Fleet

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Guest Claude DAVID

Hello here,

I don't understand exactly what do you mean with those "sale first" or "exclusive", but I usually order games at CHIPS&BITS. They have BMC with preorder status too. Will I make a mistake ordering BMC at CHIPS&BITS rather than EBWorld ? Will I get it months after ?

Thanks for any average info

I bought v1, I bought v2, I already put some money in a box for new hardware if necessary, but I don't want to miss BMC

Claude DAIVD

Check out the BCM Sales blurb at VE site. In a nut-shell, preorder BCM from Chips-n-Bits will result in the delay of your receipt of BCM.

Partial quote from voodooextreme.com post irt this matter:

quote:

...I did an exclusive deal with EB. Under that deal, BCM will only be available via EB's retail stores and online portal - and nowhere else, for a period of time. I don't have to sell one million units of my game. I just have to sell my game to a dedicated group of niche gamers, with the support of a retailer who is dedicated to the business of selling games, regardless of whether it is a niche game or not, to gamers. Period...

TTFN

------------------

Rear Admiral Gallion

ICV-Graf Spee, Spectre (Antis)

Executive Officer, Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand."

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Leader, Team 1

quote:

plus $35.00 for shipping & handling

Yeah, I gulped too when I saw the order confirmation email. I'm glad the dollar exchange rate dropped 8% since last december. But hey, it's worth it! There's no other game like this.

Rico

Guest Claude DAVID

Thanks guys for the answers.

I now pre-ordered at EBgames too.

Even with the 35$ for shipping to France!!!

For an equivalent price I prefer to order that gem rather than buy 2 or 3 pieces of shit in a local store.

Claude

[This message has been edited by Claude DAVID (edited 03-13-2001).]

Waoh, hold the phone!!!! It says on VE that the demo will be released TODAY! And only for 24 hours. Wait a second! Who - what - where do I go? When, what time of the day? I've got to head out, I can't sit by my computer. I just need a hint when should I be there? I want to make sure I'm 2nd in line!

"Toss me a frikin bone here!"